THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blood_Gooner wrote:Have fan started hounding out the fraud yet?
Nope. We won our last game. ItchyBaba won't be on here until we lose.

Oh, hang on....

:D :wink:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Blood_Gooner wrote:Have fan started hounding out the fraud yet?
Nope. We won our last game. ItchyBaba won't be on here until we lose.

Oh, hang on....

:D :wink:
Losing a game will change nothing.
We just win the next 2 and the bad result is purged from history.
The popular line is what a great run we had to end last season, the home games v Swansea & Sunderland are forgotten.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

I was told by a AKB that he has won us 2 FA Cup, Community Shield, Asian cup and Emirates cup in the last 2 yrs so what more do you want. Bloody hell. :banghead: :banghead:

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

I enjoyed this from the Guardian's cartoon guy.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/pic ... adline-day

Bouldy! :lol: :lol:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:Send in the clowns :barscarf:

For every disgruntled gooner on here there's 10,000 piss lickers to take your place at the bowl, spreading their arse cheeks wide so Arsene, Ivan and Stan can bugger them into a permanent state of mediocrity. We get what we deserve and we're a fucking shambles of a support.
Visiting the bowl for me is what I imagine visiting North Korea would be like. Thousands upon thousands of blindly subservient followers swearing total alilegance to a totalitarian dictactor,who,even if they are in the grip of a famine will accept a halving of their rations if they are told by the glorious leader that they are gluttons! :banghead:
Please fuck off Wenger,Kronke, and Gazidis, and go and fleece somebody else! :banghead: :evil:

markyp

Post by markyp »

defleppardisking wrote:I was told by a AKB that he has won us 2 FA Cup, Community Shield, Asian cup and Emirates cup in the last 2 yrs so what more do you want. Bloody hell. :banghead: :banghead:
and don't forget the calander year league title too,ffs be grateful :barscarf:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I'd just like to hear once again from the people I argued with, who claimed Arsenal were "improved" already this season, and that there was no way Le Twat-hole would leave the team short? :rubchin:
It's been said by others but having such molluscs as fans means Wenker can get away with this. It's shocking and brazen and the arrogant lies are a joke. At any other club he'd stand or fall by this decision - at Arsenal, he'll get a new contract!
I suggested signing Jackson Martinez but apparently he "isn't better than Giroud". Couldn't make it up.
Javi Martinez who can play DCM and centre half could have been blagged if Bayern were made a serious offer - say €45m. Marco Reus was gettable, offer Dortmund €50m, he can play wide or up front. There are hundreds of centre backs superior to Chambers and Mertesacker in every league.
It's the same old shit, 4th place and the usual delusion to reoccur next summer
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:I'd just like to hear once again from the people I argued with, who claimed There was no way Le Twat-hole would leave the team short? :rubchin:
Are you sure these "people" exist? - I don't know anyone who would claim there's no way Wenger would leave us short. He's done it repeatedly for a decade.
Ikechukwu1 wrote: I suggested signing Jackson Martinez but apparently he "isn't better than Giroud". Couldn't make it up.
Feel free to run a poll, but I reckon most on here if given the option of signing Martinez or nobody, would vote for Martinez.

But most of us have only seen little bits of Martinez, so can't really comment either way.
Ikechukwu1 wrote: It's been said by others but having such molluscs as fans means Wenker can get away with this. It's shocking and brazen and the arrogant lies are a joke. At any other club he'd stand or fall by this decision - at Arsenal, he'll get a new contract!
Agreed. :evil:

Offside

Post by Offside »

Is Wenger seriously saying there were NO outfield players availabe who could have improved this squad? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

John Cross has spoken !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ow-6367346

But if the target is to improve then Cech has improved Arsenal. It’s a step forward. The shame is that they couldn’t do more. But, in fairness, they did try. They really did.
The judgement must now come at the end of the season to see if Arsenal have improved. And Wenger remains confident that they will have a better season than last year.

:D :D :D

He even talks like his idol now

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Offside wrote:Is Wenger seriously saying there were NO outfield players availabe who could have improved this squad? :lol:
Apparently so.

Even if you agree that no world class striker was available, it doesn't explain why we found nobody to improve the squad.

- We're a Sanchez injury away from playing a centre midfielder on the left wing (I said this 2 weeks ago and Baba laughed at me :shock: :? )
- We're a strained Coq away from having Arteta (hardly fit or in form for 2 years) or Flamini in midfield.
- Chambers was a walking disaster against Liverpool - he needs to be loaned out and played regularly to gain confidence and experience as the odd cameo won't do him any good.

The summer has been a disaster. Wenger has let the club down.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:John Cross has spoken !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ow-6367346

But if the target is to improve then Cech has improved Arsenal. It’s a step forward. The shame is that they couldn’t do more. But, in fairness, they did try. They really did.
The judgement must now come at the end of the season to see if Arsenal have improved. And Wenger remains confident that they will have a better season than last year.

:D :D :D

He even talks like his idol now
:coffeespit:

Reading shit that makes me feel like Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

The players he buys must have sell on value though.... :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

"Really trying" involved letting LVG have a free run at Schneiderlin (though he was desperate to join Arsenal) and waiting until 5.58pm to ring PSG and ask if they'd be willing to sell Cavani/Veratti/their stadium for a fiver. LOL

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

The thing that I find most annoying about the Wenger defenders on the other sites is that they are looking at what he said today about signing Martial and completely missing the point that he cost about half that before he signed a new contract and you are always going to pay a premium when the team can't get a replacement because their transfer window has closed. There were plenty of players who were available this year - Kondogbia, Vidal, Schneiderlin - they all went. I am sure that there are others as well. Many strikers were sold as well - so this World Class bollocks that we are in for is just another mantra that they can repeat to sound like they have an opinion. I swear, it's like they are drugged or something.

If anything, this year suggested that waiting so long into the window means that you pay higher and higher prices, so Wenger never had any intention of buying.