Leicester at home 14th 1200

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
casgooner

Re: Leicester at home 14th 1200

Post by casgooner »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Still buzzing!! I can wake up tomorrow and feel good about football.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Great to see a bit of passion from the team with the celebration at the end, and yes Ozil had a poor game but without him we wouldn't have scored.

Ramsey was poor and really needs to spend some time with practice shooting, Alexis just couldn't get it right today and Monreal struggled a bit BUT for once we got a result with quite a few poor performances and that is where we have lacked in a lot of games over recent years :rubchin:

So lets all celebrate a great result COYG :barscarf: :barscarf:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

OneBardGooner wrote:
wilko49er wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:Unbelievable!!
Greatest end to a game since Mickey Thomas at Anfield!!
Dont forget Henrys header against Manure, mind you cant remember how near the end that was :barscarf:
90 seconds = I was there and counted every damn one of em... :lol: a cold night and I sweated buckets.... :wink:
So was i, just couldnt remember when he scored, getting old. :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

No whingeing lads just enjoy the feeling that only moments like that in footie can give you!!

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

double post
Last edited by wilko49er on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Both full backs were excellent again today - I'm not having that fucking penalty for Leicester at all. Monreal kept going for the entire 94 minutes and Hector was fantastic too.

It was actually our 'so called' senior players - Ozil, Alexis, Ramsey - who were utter shite today. Nice free kick at the end from Ozil but another big game where I was screaming at the TV. I only hope either JW10 or Santi come back fit and firing and hit form quickly to get Ballerina Aaron and his multiple twists and dragbacks out of the side - slows down every single attack and as for his finishing....pathetic !

Still.....its a day for big smiles and celebrations

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I thought Atkinson was going to wind us up by blowing full time and not allowing the free kick to be taken. It was 20 seconds passed 4 minutes, but the foul had occurred inside the 4 minutes, which by definition is injury time by waiting for the ball to get back into play. But, I really thought the sly dog might have done it.

Good thing he didnt.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

None other than DAT GUY 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Both full backs were excellent again today - I'm not having that fucking penalty for Leicester at all. Monreal kept going for the entire 94 minutes and Hector was fantastic too.

It was actually our 'so called' senior players - Ozil, Alexis, Ramsey - who were utter shite today. Nice free kick at the end from Ozil but another big game where I was screaming at the TV. I only hope either JW10 or Santi come back fit and firing and hit form quickly to get Ballerina Aaron and his multiple twists and dragbacks out of the side - slows down every single attack and as for his finishing....pathetic !

Still.....its a day for big smiles and celebrations

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:cheers: :D :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Ive been defending Ramsey, and am one of his biggest believers. But his passing was rubbish, and his efforts on goal were a calamity. Just the little things, such as playing a pass that found Monreal on the left touchline, rather than the ball finding Sanchez who was more inside and in a greater position.

Those overhit/underhit passes in the final third separate good teams from great teams, and sadly our passing can be incredibly sloppy for a team that likes to think of it as the Barcelona of England.

Cazorla return must come sooner than later. Cazorla is a genuine pass master.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Wilson wrote:I thought Atkinson was going to wind us up by blowing full time and not allowing the free kick to be taken. It was 20 seconds passed 4 minutes, but the foul had occurred inside the 4 minutes, which by definition is injury time by waiting for the ball to get back into play. But, I really thought the sly dog might have done it.

Good thing he didnt.
The way Leicester were time-wasting, he probably had just added another minute anyway.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Been far too long since I've enjoyed us winning a game like that!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.