Barca bumholing Wednesday 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Robin_L

Re: Barca bumholing Wednesday 1945

Post by Robin_L »

Think we'll lose this 4-1, and the 1 will come after the 4. They should really get more than 4 though because defensively we are making the same mistakes that Getafe made and all the routine La Liga cannon fodder make most times they visit the Nou Camp or Bernebeu.

6-1 aggregate.

markyp

Post by markyp »

SteveO 35 wrote:I still don't know how any fan could actually sit there wanting us to lose. With this competition I just couldn't give a toss and I've managed to ensure I've got work commitments again which mean it'll be the sixth CL game this season where I won't watch any of it.

Why would you want us to lose? Is this to feed the "if we lose he'll resign / get sacked" endless circle that gets replayed every single season ?
as princess leia said SteveO 'its our only hope' :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

markyp wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:I still don't know how any fan could actually sit there wanting us to lose. With this competition I just couldn't give a toss and I've managed to ensure I've got work commitments again which mean it'll be the sixth CL game this season where I won't watch any of it.

Why would you want us to lose? Is this to feed the "if we lose he'll resign / get sacked" endless circle that gets replayed every single season ?
More hope of discovering rocking horse shit on your shoe fella......he's here to stay. I actually think he'll be here beyond the current deal too

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
markyp wrote:

More hope of discovering rocking horse shit on your shoe fella......he's here to stay. I actually think he'll be here beyond the current deal too
Have to agree with SteveO, he'll be here until he beats SAFs record of 26 years or whatever it was, as for Barca 4-1 :barscarf:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Robin_L wrote:Think we'll lose this 4-1, and the 1 will come after the 4. They should really get more than 4 though because defensively we are making the same mistakes that Getafe made and all the routine La Liga cannon fodder make most times they visit the Nou Camp or Bernebeu.

6-1 aggregate.
Our non-scoring lurvies won't be scoring at the Nou Camp. 4-0 sounds about right.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I reckon this could be a mauling. 4-0 or 5-0 but possibly worse. If you think back to Bayern in the autumn, this lot are even better and don't seem to hold anything back. Whatever happens, the only thing which will make the night interesting, is how much of a massive *word censored* Wanker will look.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Barca know they've got this one in the bag and, while I think they'll play most of their big guns, I don't think they'll be busting a gut during the match.

I think they get a couple during the first 60 or 70 minutes and after that it doesn't really matter what happens.

While a narrow loss on aggregate might preserve what little confidence remains in the squad, it would give AW his 'mental strength' excuse and that would be worse.

I want us to go through but if we don't I want a result that will embarrass TOF.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

This is how I see it

What happens if Newcastle beat Leicester City tomorrow night?
Do we really then play our strongest side v Barcelona which would make beating Everton virtually impossible on Saturday!?

The end to this season is not about finishing 4th this year, it is about ensuring that Spurs don't win the league.
i think it will be a long tough end to the season...

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:This is how I see it

What happens if Newcastle beat Leicester City tomorrow night?
Do we really then play our strongest side v Barcelona which would make beating Everton virtually impossible on Saturday!?

The end to this season is not about finishing 4th this year, it is about ensuring that Spurs don't win the league.
i think it will be a long tough end to the season...
Do you really think our players, or Wenger for that matter, give a shit if spurs win it?? They don't care, if we don't win it ,they don't care who does. Wenger would obviously prefer it to be Chelsea or City,then he could blame oil money. Blaming crisp money will be a tough sell and the fans, the real fans (us), will go ape shit if spurs win it. But nobody's listening to us either, we go ape shit 2 or 3 times a week. THEY DON'T CARE!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Oh yeah I know that the players don't give a shit.
I really don't know anymore. All I do think is that Wenger won't be here next season now.

This collapse is way different to seasons gone by.
We have never struggled like this at home for years and years.
Next 4 games
Barcelona - lose
Everton - lose
Watford - draw if I am being optimistic
West Ham - lose

Can he really survive another month of defeats?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Oh yeah I know that the players don't give a shit.
I really don't know anymore. All I do think is that Wenger won't be here next season now.

Next 4 games
Barcelona - lose
Everton - lose
West Ham - lose

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:Oh yeah I know that the players don't give a shit.

Next 4 games
Barcelona - lose
Everton - lose
West Ham - lose

We'll beat Watford at home who will be well and truly safe and saving themselves for the FA Cup. After the Hammers we've then got Palace at home who will also be mid-table and its the week before the FA Cup semis. Then four of the last five are Sunderland, Norwich, Villa and West Brom.....the 4th place dream will never die

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Next 4 games
Barcelona - lose
Everton - lose
West Ham - lose

The problem is that for most of us we see losses and shit performances as further proof Wenger should be gone, but for a large section of our fan-base, everything is based on any positive result we get. We have been awful since January, but beating championship Hull was enough to see fans, and even some of the media praise Wenger. We could fail to win between now until already relegated Villa on the last day, and a win there would be enough to see fans defending Wenger and saying he deserves another year. I dislike Silent Stan for obvious reasons, but with the way some of our fans act, what reason would Stan feel to get rid of Wenger.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:

Next 4 games
Barcelona - lose
Everton - lose
West Ham - lose

The problem is that for most of us we see losses and shit performances as further proof Wenger should be gone, but for a large section of our fan-base, everything is based on any positive result we get. We have been awful since January, but beating championship Hull was enough to see fans, and even some of the media praise Wenger. We could fail to win between now until already relegated Villa on the last day, and a win there would be enough to see fans defending Wenger and saying he deserves another year. I dislike Silent Stan for obvious reasons, but with the way some of our fans act, what reason would Stan feel to get rid of Wenger.
Failure to qualify for CL, that's a financial hit. That's the kind of thing Stan won't tolerate. I hope we don't get in, why do we need to be in, we aren't competitive in it and only the shareholders benefit from the income. A year away will do us the world of good, it might even be the final nail in Tof's coffin.

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

rest everyone. any hope of salvaging this complete buttfuck of a season rests on everton away, not this. i bet he will put out the strongest team though.