Barca bumholing Wednesday 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MrT

Re: Barca bumholing Wednesday 1945

Post by MrT »

The words you have all been waiting for.

''The Premier League will keep four Champions League places for the 2017-18 season following Juventus' exit from the competition tonight.''

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

MrT wrote:The words you have all been waiting for.

''The Premier League will keep four Champions League places for the 2017-18 season following Juventus' exit from the competition tonight.''

Have we had any dressing room selfies yet?

If Leicester, Tottenham and West Ham are all in Europe next year - mostly as lower ranked teams - then I can't exactly see our coefficient improving next season (especially as we'll likely be torn apart in the Last 16 again). I assume it's just another year until Italy moves ahead of us.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

MrT wrote:The words you have all been waiting for.

Get the open top bus ready . . . . . . . . . .

FORM IS TEMPORARY. FOURTH IS PERMANENT :barscarf:

Offside

Post by Offside »

MrT wrote:Arsenal since Leicester win:
0-0 Hull D
0-2 Barcelona L
2-3 Man Utd L
1-2 Swansea L
2-2 Spurs D
4-0 Hull W
1-2 Watford L
1-3 Barcelona L

If anything, the result galvanised Leicester :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Predictable tonight.

Barca on autopilot, Arsenal doing enough for a "respectable" defeat. Most predicted that.

Positives of a (bad) week for me are that Welbeck looks sharp and Elneny looks like he may develop into a key player for us. His ball retention and positive forward passes are a joy to watch after being hampered by Ramsey in that role in recent months and he gets up and down the pitch very well. I like what I've seen so far 8)

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

The different in class was huge.Make no mistake Barca played at half pace tonight.When they wanted to up a gear they did.When some of our fans think Sanchez and Ozil are world class what does that make Messi and Neymar.

So our £8m a year manager has achieved 6 successive years of going out in the CL last 16.Lets put up another statue shall we

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

:blah: A defeat which I didn't feel anything

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Watching Barcelona's half hearted goal celebrations was a damming assessment of this team. They beat Getafe 6-0 on the weekend, and on the 4th 5th and 6th goals celebrated with as little enthusiasm as they did in their goals tonight.

They really dont rate us. Alves said so in his comments, and the Barcelona players said it all with their actions.

May as well have played in bibs, as it was a training ground exercise for them.

Yet Wenger still believes he can win the CL. I dont know he thinks he sees, that others do not.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

reminds me of Ireland in the early 90s..Dictator for a manager who couldn't be questioned, had a massive flock of sheep defending and idolising him. Media terrified to break ranks and inevitable defeats turned into moral victories.. One difference was Charlton's teams had heart..

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

A respectable defeat for me, the players showed they were fighting for Wenger and next year we'll win our group and avoid teams like Barcelona. Not far off winning the competition, just need a bit of luck, belief and spirit :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Robin_L wrote:A respectable defeat for me, the players showed they were fighting for Wenger and next year we'll win our group and avoid teams like Barcelona. Not far off winning the competition, just need a bit of luck, belief and spirit :barscarf:
I bet this morning, now that you've sobered up, reading this you feel a trifle embarrassed :oops: :oops:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Robin_L wrote:A respectable defeat for me, the players showed they were fighting for Wenger and next year we'll win our group and avoid teams like Barcelona. Not far off winning the competition, just need a bit of luck, belief and spirit :barscarf:
I see what you did there....eh? You're being serious? :shock: :? :shock: :cry:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc_LIR5ExIU

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

Aside from that fluke goal against Man City, what has Walnut actually done this season?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

g88ner wrote:Predictable tonight.

Barca on autopilot, Arsenal doing enough for a "respectable" defeat. Most predicted that.

Positives of a (bad) week for me are that Welbeck looks sharp and Elneny looks like he may develop into a key player for us. His ball retention and positive forward passes are a joy to watch after being hampered by Ramsey in that role in recent months and he gets up and down the pitch very well. I like what I've seen so far 8)
As soon as Ramsey is fit he will be straight back in... and stay in until he gets injured again. He is mediocre, loyal, not good enough,has that Eton schoolboy look, overpaid........ therefore one of Wenger's favourites. Elneny was just a cheap hit & hope purchase to keep the fans quiet. If he works out, Wenger's a genius, if he doesn't, so what, not Wengers fault.