Man Utd (H) Wednesday 12th February

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Man Utd (H) Wednesday 12th February

Post by Herd »

the zonal marking has worked fine over the season and is a big part of our defensive improvement.
What are you smoking ?
Zonal marking does not work and we have been very lucky on many occasions this year.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
the zonal marking has worked fine over the season and is a big part of our defensive improvement.
What are you smoking ?
Zonal marking does not work and we have been very lucky on many occasions this year.
Have to agree 100%. Kos and Mert improving as defensive pairing has nothing to do with zonal marking, but is the result of them just getting so many games together they have learned how to compliment each other's style and work effectively together. Zonal marking is still responsible for goals being conceded that we simply shouldn't concede. As Herd says we have also had some luck and avoided conceding at some corners through that, and not by design. Standing flat and letting the oppo player get a run at you will ALWAYS give them the advantage.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

If we lose to these cnuts again I'm going to climb on to Wenger's statue and take a dump on it.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Rosicky's Right Boot wrote:Once again we will absolutely bottle a big game, fail to turn up and be our timid selves whilst United coast to victory. But then we'll go and beat Sunderland and all will be rosy once again. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Rinse and repeat every single season. We can't beat the best, therefore we will never be the best and never win anything again until something rather drastic happens.
We haven't won a proper big game for years now,not when it really mattered anyway,we've bottled our way through the last 8 years,makes you wonder just how limp-wristed Wenger's team talks really are,I cannot for a second imagine any of them players believe the shit he comes out with,we can all see he must be a fucking useless motivator,I cant help but think old Red Nose would have won something with this squad over the last few years,not fucking Wenger though :banghead:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

We havnt conceded too many goals from Set Peices this year, Zonal Marking works fine over a season - but if players are positioned poorly or are not switched on they suffer - hence Saturday.

Zonal marking isnt a huge problem, i agree it can exploited by class players on occassion but % wise we win more balls than we lose...if we turn up!

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Sorry to keep asking does anyone know why TV is out just can't belive we are with only 2 central defender who have now got to play every game madness and I thought we have problems up front so much for the strong squad Wenger you nut :x

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I think it was a knee injury he picked up in the fa cup win against the scum.That win came at a cost when you think theo got crocked aswell :(

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:The problem on Wednesday is going to be that they will raise their game for this one. They'll find the form they've been lacking all season. You can put your mortgage on it.
On the other hand we'll go into as nervouse as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs :banghead: :banghead:

I'm predicting a 2-2 draw
Yeah I agree mate, it doesn't matter how sit they have been playing you can bet your bottom dollar that they will raise their game to a new level when they play us and it doesn't matter what form we have been in cos we will be shit :(

If I want us to win one game please let it be this one.

I agree with this - from a psychological point of view, beating manure will instill more confidence than beating the victims, the chavs or citeeh. Regardless of how shit they have been this season, manure will always be viewed as the benchmark simply because of their dominance over the past 20 years so we really need to slay the dragon so to speak or else we can kiss goodbye to our hopes next sunday in the cup. Any result short of a win tomorrow night will have a massive negative effect of both the players and the fans cos we all recognise how shit they have been and how even the small crap teams have got results against them so what will it say about us if we cannot beat them on our own turf ?

The one thing I cant make my mind up on is which team will be under most pressure tomorrow night - on one side of it you would have to think that the mancs are under more pressure cos they are on a run of poor performances and results, but they will feel confident against us given the fact that they have already beaten us and have an exceptional record against us in recent seasons. On the other hand we are playing at home, against a team that the world and it's mother can beat at the mo and we are coming off our worst performance and result of the season so we will be under immense pressure tomorrow night. Our players will also be aware that performances and results like last Saturday will be used to justify the theory that we are not good enough to win trophies and they will know that they will need a good result and performance to put an end to those sentiments as much as getting the 3pts themselves.

Btw the more I think about it the more convinced I am that podolski will start on the bench tomorrow night and that is wrong on so many levels

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

falkirk goon wrote:I think it was a knee injury he picked up in the fa cup win against the scum.That win came at a cost when you think theo got crocked aswell :(
So basically we needed a central defender in transfer market and just stood still again now all these matches piling up I am lost for words :cussing:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Tube strike for tomorrow is off, apparently.

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/433200250267119616

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

swimmer1 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:I think it was a knee injury he picked up in the fa cup win against the scum.That win came at a cost when you think theo got crocked aswell :(
So basically we needed a central defender in transfer market and just stood still again now all these matches piling up I am lost for words :cussing:
I think you'll find you actually managed to find 26,so you weren't as lost as you think.

Anyway what's with all the pessimism, anyone would think we've just lost to some one man team full of average players.......Oh......anyway

Think it'll be a tight one 1-1 or 0-0. Neither team will want to lose. A not everyone's happy draw for this one. They are sh*t but we are low in numbers and quite clearly knackered all over the pitch. Shame about Theo, he usually does ok against them. Boy do we miss his pace. I never realised just how slow we are without him.
Last edited by topgoon on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

For no particular rhyme or reason, or indeed logic, I fancy us to win this.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Going to this one with my dad! getting the early train down from Edinburgh tomorrow so will get a good few hours in the pub :lol:

Please just go out and beat these bastards Arsenal! No dwelling on the hammering at the weekend

COYG :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wengerballs wrote:If we lose to these cnuts again I'm going to climb on to Wenger's statue and take a dump on it.

Why bother with the feckin staue mate - Just do a proper big jobbie on the real thing! :D :barscarf: :high5:

ps: If we DO lose to these cnuts then any chance of the top 3 is Gone!

WENGER OUT! PLEASE GAWD :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

PPS; eITHER WAY TIT IS we gOONERS (NOT THE SHEEPLE AKB WNAKERS) THAT LOSE OUT...iF WE LOSE YET MORE HURT...IF WE DRAW....WENGER WILL CLAIM WE SHOWED SPIRIT TO COME BACK FROM BEING RAPED ON THE WEEK-END BY THE SCOUSESCUM...iF WE SHOULD WIN ALL THE AKB SHEEPLE STEVIE WONDER BRIGADE - WILL SEE THE HUMILIATION OF LAST SATURDAY AS A 'BLIP'

SOrry just noticed the CAPS...I'm trying to avoid the boss she's a right crunt (a man city newbie fan!) :banghead: :banghead: