ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thynker

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Thynker »

All because of Arteta's love of Xhaka.
How is KT not more deserving of a place in out first eleven than Xhaka?

Zinchenko in Xhaka's place so he can create away and not worry too much about covering back as much.
Teams now know LB is our weakness and seek to exploit it. Watch Everton try to do that.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:09 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:32 pm
Bukayo Saka has always been clear in the last year: no negotiations with other clubs, he only wanted to stay at Arsenal as he loves club, project, coach ⚪️🔴 #AFC

New deal agreed one week ago after 13 months talks — it will be signed once final details and documents are sorted.
I believe all 3 - Martinelli, Saliba and Saka have been sorted for a little while, but they get announced later to take into account tax, or bonus payments or some such thing.

Next up needs to be Odegaard, Smith Rowe and Ramsdale

Hmmmm :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:31 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:40 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:26 pm
Thynker wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:33 pm
Would be a big mistake to sell Kieran Tierney.
Would leave us without a LB in the squad. Who are we going to put in? Taveres? His defensive positioning is worse than Zinchenko.

Of all players on the bench, Tierney has most reason to feel aggrieved at not playing.
I would hope he will play both legs against Betis.
His attitude and aggression have been much of the catalyst for change in our team. He was showing the rest of them what it should mean to play for our club.

I adored his goal v WBA in the snow a couple of years ago.

I like Zinchenko, and offers passing through the lines that others can’t, but at times he goes wandering all over the place, which is fine if we are 3-0 up with 5 mins to go, but often we are not.

Tierney offers pace and width and is possibly the best crosser of a ball at the club, but we don’t really play that way now.

Needs to play, would be gutted if we sold him.
100%
He'll be off in the summer.

Why would he stay
That's The Way! Let's Be Positive Is It!? :roll:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:01 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:33 pm
Would be a big mistake to sell Kieran Tierney.
Would leave us without a LB in the squad. Who are we going to put in? Taveres? His defensive positioning is worse than Zinchenko.

Of all players on the bench, Tierney has most reason to feel aggrieved at not playing.
I would hope he will play both legs against Betis.
His attitude and aggression have been much of the catalyst for change in our team. He was showing the rest of them what it should mean to play for our club.

I like Zinchenko, and offers passing through the lines that others can’t, but at times he goes wandering all over the place, which is fine if we are 3-0 up with 5 mins to go, but often we are not.

Tierney offers pace and width and is possibly the best crosser of a ball at the club, but we don’t really play that way now.

100%

Why would he stay
I'm being realistic which isn't a negative

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

100%

Why would he stay
You might call it being Realistic, I cal it being Negative. A bit like all the Doom merchants on here... Looking for the slightest opportunity to start the We won't - we Can't do such and such.

But Hey! Ho! It Takes All Sorts. :|

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:17 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

100%

Why would he stay
You might call it being Realistic, I cal it being Negative. A bit like all the Doom merchants on here... Looking for the slightest opportunity to start the We won't - we Can't do such and such.

You're welcome to take my opinion whatever way you want

wibble

Post by wibble »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:35 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Why would he stay

I’d say he took your opinion pretty negatively :wink:

:barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Why would he stay

Oooooh! :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Why would he stay

You're welcome to take me whatever way you want
:shock: :shock:

There’s an offer you don’t get every day

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Mikel Arteta is planning to overhaul his squad by signing at least four players this summer using potential Champions League income. Arsenal are confident of beating Chelsea to the signing of Declan Rice, who may cost £80m & could renew interest in Moises Caicedo. [@garyjacob]

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:02 pm
🚨 Mikel Arteta is planning to overhaul his squad by signing at least four players this summer using potential Champions League income. Arsenal are confident of beating Chelsea to the signing of Declan Rice, who may cost £80m & could renew interest in Moises Caicedo. [@garyjacob]

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Rice. He's a moderately big fish in a small pond at West Ham. A little above average in my book and that's about it. I don't think he's the type of addition we need to move us to the next level, which is to compete with the best in Europe. I've said it before, but he certainly isn't an 80 million player...I'd say that even in these mad transfer fee days, he's a 30-40 million at best....and I'd let the chavs blow more money on him rather than sign him for 80 million.

I think that because we still have Xhaka lumbering around in midfield, there's a tendency to see any midfielder who isn't wheelchair bound as an improvement on what we have.

I know nothing about Caicedo.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:20 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:09 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:32 pm
Bukayo Saka has always been clear in the last year: no negotiations with other clubs, he only wanted to stay at Arsenal as he loves club, project, coach ⚪️🔴 #AFC

New deal agreed one week ago after 13 months talks — it will be signed once final details and documents are sorted.
I believe all 3 - Martinelli, Saliba and Saka have been sorted for a little while, but they get announced later to take into account tax, or bonus payments or some such thing.

Next up needs to be Odegaard, Smith Rowe and Ramsdale

Hmmmm :rubchin:
:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:10 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Rice. He's a moderately big fish in a small pond at West Ham. A little above average in my book and that's about it. I don't think he's the type of addition we need to move us to the next level, which is to compete with the best in Europe. I've said it before, but he certainly isn't an 80 million player...I'd say that even in these mad transfer fee days, he's a 30-40 million at best....and I'd let the chavs blow more money on him rather than sign him for 80 million.

I think that because we still have Xhaka lumbering around in midfield, there's a tendency to see any midfielder who isn't wheelchair bound as an improvement on what we have.

Absolutely spot on Retro. I've never been a great fan of Declan Rice. He's what I'd call a good player but not a great player. We have enough good players. We need a couple more great players. I don't think Rice would add enough to the team for what we'd have to pay for him.

The comparison to Lobotomy Clive is very pertinent too. Yes Rice would be an improvement over that braindead oxygen thief but not enough to justify the outlay.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that he might step up a level playing with better players than the shit he currently plays with at the murderers, but again for the cost, its too much risk for me.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

If we finish this season on a high… we all know what that means.

CL guaranteed, club rebuilding is underway and we have an identity. Who says no to a cheeky bid for Bellingham. I mean, sure he will probably choose Madrid but if he is contemplating Liverpool, then why not put Arsenal in the mix. Doing much better and doesn’t look good for LIV unless they spend another 150-200m on midfielders.

If I was them, I’d spend that 120-150M over players than Jude. He won’t solve all of their issues.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:42 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:10 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Absolutely spot on Retro. I've never been a great fan of Declan Rice. He's what I'd call a good player but not a great player. We have enough good players. We need a couple more great players. I don't think Rice would add enough to the team for what we'd have to pay for him.

The comparison to Lobotomy Clive is very pertinent too. Yes Rice would be an improvement over that braindead oxygen thief but not enough to justify the outlay.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that he might step up a level playing with better players than the shit he currently plays with at the murderers, but again for the cost, its too much risk for me.
I think his main hype also comes from the fact that he’s a very solid/looking to be world class CDM when he plays for England. He has had good games in that shirt, surrounded by the top players so there’s a possibility, as you say, he elevates his game with the player and MA in charge. 80m is steep, Caiciedo is same money. If we can rob WH by giving 60m and Lokonga, deal.