Back non-league day!!!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Was gonna go and see THURROCK FC but thank god they are away to Havent and waterlooville.
The home games are £12 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Went to Wingate & Finchley the other day, only a 25 min bus ride from Holloway.

Ex Arsenal trainee Jordan Fowler plays for them.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

JMascis666 wrote:Went to Wingate & Finchley the other day, only a 25 min bus ride from Holloway.

Ex Arsenal trainee Jordan Fowler plays for them.
]

They were on the news this evening, some scum woman was talking about watching them. She was saying how its different from the world class players she sees every week at the shit hole, I was thinking; that isn't the scum squad shes referring to surely. :?

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Barnet and Enfield Town are my local teams. I went to the Barnet pre season this year and I just did not enjoy myself apart from the fact Arsenal were playing. Its a bunch of granddads or young kids running around, no tv replays and no stewards to tell me to sit down. :barscarf:

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

MutleyGooner wrote:£17 to get in at the Broadfield Stadium, Crawley & the team are shit :roll: I would rather spend that money on some crystal meths 8)
Crawley are dickheadsanyway, their boss is an idiot! Steve Evans is a tax evading prat!

Theoperator

Re: Back non-league day!!!

Post by Theoperator »

Sorry to bring this thread up, but you cant beat Non League for fun & action ...

In between watching The Villa and Fulham matches last week went to see our local Skrill Premier outfit.

Well, the game lasted 30 mins before one of the floodlight clusters failed, after a few minutes while the players went off the tannoy booms out "Will the on call electrician please report to reception" :lol: :lol:

Grimsby fans cheer ironically, the lights flicker on only to go off again after a minute more of play and the match is called off :(

Was a good 30 mins though, end to end and 1-1. Lee Hughes makes his first home appearence :lol: :lol:

Biggest embarrasment must be that the clubs backers are Ecotricity. :oops: :oops:

I was surprised that the Grimsby fans werent ribbing and chanting more- last year they never stopped chanting "Meat meat meat"or "we want our sausages". Long journey for 30 mins for the 270 that came down.

I glad I go to The Arsenal for some sanity :oops: :oops:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Theoperator wrote:Sorry to bring this thread up, but you cant beat Non League for fun & action ...

In between watching The Villa and Fulham matches last week went to see our local Skrill Premier outfit.

Well, the game lasted 30 mins before one of the floodlight clusters failed, after a few minutes while the players went off the tannoy booms out "Will the on call electrician please report to reception" :lol: :lol:

Grimsby fans cheer ironically, the lights flicker on only to go off again after a minute more of play and the match is called off :(

Was a good 30 mins though, end to end and 1-1. Lee Hughes makes his first home appearence :lol: :lol:

Biggest embarrasment must be that the clubs backers are Ecotricity. :oops: :oops:

I was surprised that the Grimsby fans werent ribbing and chanting more- last year they never stopped chanting "Meat meat meat"or "we want our sausages". Long journey for 30 mins for the 270 that came down.

Was it really a ''Tannoy'' system? You do know that ''Tannoy'' is a brand name ?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

franksav63 wrote:
Theoperator wrote:Sorry to bring this thread up, but you cant beat Non League for fun & action ...

Was it really a ''Tannoy'' system? You do know that ''Tannoy'' is a brand name ?
:lol: well said its a public address system....

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

:lol: well said its a public address system....
You learn something new every day...god I love this place.

:oops: :lol: :wink:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

The term 'tannoy' is often used generically in colloquial English throughout the British Commonwealth to mean any public-address system, particularly those used for announcements in public places;[3] although the word is a registered trademark, it has become a genericised trademark. The company's intellectual property department keeps a close eye on the media and will often write to publications that use its trade name without a capital letter or as a generic term for PA systems, in order to preserve its trademark
:oops: :oops:

Hope the Mods get some extra paid overtime from my bad :oops:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Without putting too finer point on it... non-league is full of fucking inbred's.

I guess it's there so people can bleat about how they support "pwopah footbawl". Fuck that, I'd sooner pay 50 quid to watch the Arsenal then part with 15 quid to watch that shoite.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Suppose if terraces and standing without stewards getting arsey isnt your thing thats fine.

Its as different as chalk and cheese- you actually get to meet directors/ players as well :shock:

Maybe Wrighty wouldnt agree fully either about inbreds :wink:

LDB

Post by LDB »

Theoperator wrote:Suppose if terraces and standing without stewards getting arsey isnt your thing thats fine.

Its as different as chalk and cheese- you actually get to meet directors/ players as well :shock:

Maybe Wrighty wouldnt agree fully either about inbreds :wink:
I'd rather sit down surrounded by people who (usually) reside on this planet then be standing surrounded by utter morons. I've been to my local non-league ground a few times (Sutton United) and frankly I'm not sure who is more cringeworthy - the people who try to pretend they go all the time and yet don't know the words of the 2 songs which can actually be deciphered as containing words or the ones who genuinely give a shit about putting one over on those boys from Welling Town :roll: :roll:

And why would I want to meet the players or directors? Part of it could be that Sutton is just a fairly anonymous London commuter belt place so I don't share the local pride but frankly if all non-league fans are like the ones I've seen there then count me out

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i went and watched Aberystwyth v Bangor, I got in for nothing, because if you arrived by 2.15pm they let you in for free. :D Kick off wasn't till 3.30pm though, must of been between 300 to 500 people there.

Good game ended up 3-3, some right shocking defending and a basically just like watching Fat Sam team, 22 players just kicking it anywhere and hoping.

LDB

Post by LDB »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2-nSqN-8wM

Your average non-league fan