Flag ban now OVER

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

I dont give a shit about being politically correct for that time, i dont give a shit about upsetting people, thats why i call the referee every name under the sun when hes probably a decent bloke, thats why i hate the opposing fans for 90 minutes with a vengeance, thats why i do swear in front of women and children at a match, i dont see them cos im watching the bloody game!
No, your previous post which I have quoted above makes you a knucklehead.

goonermc

MR 'INTERESTING N13 Gooner'

Post by goonermc »

n13, Great comeback, drink or 20 ha ha ha (yeah, right) Anyway i would like to put forward the first nomination for most boring man of the year award. Please take a bow Mr. 'INTERESTING' N13 Gooner, i haven't even met the guy and he's cured my insomnia!. Shit, i've got to take a couple of valium just to liven up after reading his posts. How to make the same point a 100 different ways. Anyway INTERESTING i thhbsdhozabfhbsdbfmgitndbsvuiggyd9zazigzsdjyu, sorry about that, i fell asleep on the keyboard just thinking about your reply.

goonermc

MR. INTERESTING N13 Gooner

Post by goonermc »

Oh, one other thing INTERESTING N13, i haven't got a fake Burberry cap or cheap gold chain. Perhaps you can ask your boyfriend if he's got any for sale.

archiks

Post by archiks »

elpelsarmy wrote:WHY WOULD I CARE? its not me with the flag, its not what i think, it doesnt represent me! it would be an idiot who would look an idiot, not get any support and probably feel pretty stupid so wouldnt bother again!! A football stadium is a public place, how can you stop it? It wouldnt represent us, just the twat whos it was.
My frieand, if you knew your facts you would know that The Ermirates Stadium is NOT in fact a public place. It is a privately owned Stadium (just like someone would own a shop or a house) and within that private stadium could ban JUST the TRNC flag or ALL national flags as it has done. If it was a public place then it WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BAN ALL NATIONAL FLAGS. I for one am glad they are all banned cos i have been going arsenal for over 20 years to watch ARSENAL and the only flag i take is AN ARSENAL FLAG.
Now you can go back to your pint and moan about all us "foreigners" coming into your country taking your jobs blah blah.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

My friend, if you knew your facts and have indeed been going to THE Arsenal you would know that the TEMPORARY ban of National flags has ended. We may not be allowed to hang them like before but we're able to hold them up for a short period of time. It's complete madness but they are the FACTS. This was confirmed by a senior steward BEFORE the Charlton game.

kypros

Post by kypros »

So the ban is over. I just hope that Arsenal fan holding up the illegal flag which stands for the illegal cleansing of Greek Cypriots from their own Island and the occupying Turkish army comes to his senses and keeps his flag for other uses in private rooms within his council flat than provocatively advertising his political views in the Emirates that has untold Greek Cypriot season ticket holders.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Kypros, i'm not completely sure about the flags you mention, i was just told that the St. George was o.k. as long as it wasn't hung throughout the game. By the way i've been to Ayia Napa a couple of times in the early 90's and it's a lovely place and you couldn't meet nicer people than the Greek Cypriots. :D

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

My frieand, if you knew your facts you would know that The Ermirates Stadium is NOT in fact a public place. It is a privately owned Stadium

If thats the case why have they banned smoking ???

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

GoonerMC,

Most of the Greek Cypriots that live around Ayia Napa are refugees of the Turkish occupation, which is what that flag represents.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

N13, fair play mate, i know there's a lot of stuff that's gone on that i don't know about and i know if it was me i'd be just as pissed about it. I hope that guy with that flag has the common sense to leave it at home. Anyway N13 mate, how about that 3-1, not to bad at all.

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

At the moment there is a movement by many Turkish Cypriots and Turks to get the occupied north officially recognised as a legit state as it is and flyng that flag at a high profile place and creating a hype is one of those stunts. This flag guy is part of a Turkish political group and i've posted a link on this website which proves so. Unfortunatly, many people of Turkish decent seem overtly nationalistic so we'll see if he see's sense.

As for the result today, well first and foremost I was glad that we held it together whilst under much pressure from Liverpool. I thought Rosicky was brilliant and KNOW that sooner or later he will set games alight and defenetly has the ability to be as big an influence on games as Bobby Pires was or maybe more - opening up defences and what not. I also thought Hleb was good today apart from one time where I thought he shouldve done more to close down - him and Rosicky show a good raport (spell check??) and link up well in midfield. Senderos was good but still think he is quite heavy on his feet - which in the modern game is a detrement to defenders. I know Henry was missing but answered any critics with his goal and truely 'boyed up' Carragher!! I just think we need to hit form and we'll start turning teams over regularly again. This is Wengers third generation with regards to the team so think we need to settle, people need to get to know eachother and how eachone plays and create that Wenger "spiwit".

As for Alonso, he was looking for a penalty before Gilberto touched him and think if Gilberto didnt make contact would still have fallen on the ground and not chase the ball.

GoonerGod

Post by GoonerGod »

The rubbish continues.... No-one ever complained of the Greek Cypriot regularly flying his flag on the East Stand at Highbury... Or does that not count because he's Greek.
And as for the untold Greek Cypriot season ticket holders, there are also many Turkish Cypriot season ticket holders like myself and a few family members.
Everyone should be free to fly whatever flag they like, simple. Providing it's a national flag, or a flag that represents that country.
The views of the Greek Cypriot who first complained about it has made Arsenal a laughing stock, I hope he's very proud of himself.
Well done, two thumbs up!

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

The flag of Cyprus, which represents all Cypriots, is a legit national flag which is in not in contention and recognised by the international community, including FIFA, UEFA, etc. The Greek Cypriot who would wave it from the East Stand is not part of any political group unlike this Mete Ahmed who is a part of Turkish poltical group 'Embargoed'. If you feel separate from other Cypriots, why do you not fly the flag of Turkey?? They run the occupation in the north anyway.
Everyone should be free to fly whatever flag they like, simple. Providing it's a national flag, or a flag that represents that country.
The 'TRNC' flag is not of any country or a nation - its an occupation. So what is your point???
The views of the Greek Cypriot who first complained about it has made Arsenal a laughing stock, I hope he's very proud of himself.
No, he stood up to an unethical political statement which was made at the wrong place.

Hey 'GoonerGod' - do you think Arsenal should let the flag of Kurdistan fly too?

kypros

Post by kypros »

http://rawstory.com/news/2006/Cyprus_me ... 82007.html

Cyprus meeting on Christianity and Islam cancelled due to politics

dpa German Press Agency
Published: Monday January 8, 2007

Athens- A meeting on the divided island of Cyprus intended
to promote dialogue between Christianity and Islam was cancelled on
Monday over fears that politics rather than religion would dominate
the talks, the Athens News Agency (ANA) said.
The meeting between Orthodox Christian Archbishop Chrysostomos and
Muslim cleric Ahmet Yonluer in southern Cyprus was supposed to have
been the first to take place on the island for decades.

The meeting would have been reciprocated in late January with a
visit by the archbishop to the Turkish-Cypriot north.

Reports said the Muslim cleric, who represents the majority of
Sunni Muslims on the island, cancelled the meeting because he feared
the Greek Orthodox Church would want to discuss political issues
following a political statement by the archbishop a day earlier.

The Greek Orthodox archbishop was quoted as saying that he wanted
to address the issue of the destruction of Christian shrines in
northern Cyprus.

Cyprus has been split into a Greek-Cypriot south and Turkish-
Cypriot north since Turkish troops invaded in 1974 after a brief
Greek-Cypriot coup backed by Greece.

Turkey has since stationed more than 30,000 troops in the northern
third of the island and is the only country to recognize the Turkish
breakaway state.

A UN sponsored reunification of Cyprus broke down in 2004 after
Greek Cypriots rejected the reunification plan which was
overwhelmingly accepted by Turkish Cypriots.

© 2006 - dpa German Press Agency

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Kypros, did you see that 6-3 win at Anfield??........................................................................................