Flag ban now OVER

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonermc

Flag ban now OVER

Post by goonermc »

gooner.ed, there's general chat and further discussion that basically make up the forum. Any chance that these people who want to continue to talk/discuss/moan about the significance of a flag could maybe have another page, perhaps entitled 'Discuss the temporary flag ban that's now over after a few days'. It would then leave the rest of us to talk about FOOTBALL and not to be called racist or ignorant because we don't know the exact circumstances about an invasion in 197----something. Sorry, wasn't born. Let's not fly an American flag or our own for that matter due to their/our illegal occupation of Iraq. The world's messed up, O,K. I for one go to Football to get away from problems, just a couple of hours without having to worry about shit!!! (apart from over passing) Live and let live!! Shit lads, if all you got to worry about is a flag, you ain't doing bad.

gooner Erol

Post by gooner Erol »

Well said that man!

gooner.ed
Site Admin

hmmmm...

Post by gooner.ed »

well, the further discussion part of the site is for people to exchange views based on the stuff posted on the main part of the site. and in all fairness to those who have debated the cyrpus issue, they have taken their cue from pieces on www.onlinegooner.com.

there is still a turkish perspective to post in the interests of balance, so whilst i myself hope this debate dies down in relation to arsenal, for the time being, all i suggest is that you don't read the political stuff if you have seen enough of it, and i get the feeling that even those more closely involved want to get back to the subject of arsenal.

however, the turkish angle will soon be posted. i don't doubt there will be another wave of debate on the history of the problems in cyprus, but you can easily avoid reading it. which at this stage is all i can suggest. a bit late in the day to start a new section, and the upside of all this is that we have some new forum regulars who do also seem to care about the football and will hopefully continue debating on matters purely arsenal once the flag issue has been exhausted, which has to be soon as i get the feeling the guys on boths sides are close to being all argued out.

i think it's fair to say that neither side are going to change their stance on the issue and that both sides have got their points across in the forum.

but i myself look forward to the day when there is more football than politics debated here and i think everyone probably agrees that the one thing we can unite in is our support of arsenal. but until then i am not going to marginalise any of the viewpoints, not least because i don't know how and the webmaster who does has enough on his plate :wink:

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

GoonerMC,

If America or Britain kicked all the Iraqis out of Iraq and claimed it for their own...and created a new flag to represent it, then maybe you could make a comparison.

Just be grateful that you arent oppressed and forced from your own country and someone wanted to provoke you with political gestures at a non-political football match.

Its nice to know you want to alienate a particular group of fans who have actually lived in Highbury or very close to for half a century and supported Arsenal for that same length of time - just because you ARE too ignorant and lazy to understand what is going on.

gooner Erol

Post by gooner Erol »

Next i'm sure you will be saying Turkish Cypriots are not real Arsenal fans & on & on & on leave it out now for Gods sake....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

n13, yeah,yeah,yeah. Ignorant, lazy and whatever. What a boring little man. Sod going for drink with someone like you. ' Yeah but 1974 was.........................' Shut up you FOOL. It's 2007.

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

Dont forget your fake Burberry hat and cheap gold chain when you DO go out for a drink or 20.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Absolutely!!!!
Football is escapism, for a couple of hours every week we go and let steam off, we TRY and forget the shit world we live in with all its/our problems and all were interested in is supporting the mighty arse!! I dont give a shit about being politically correct for that time, i dont give a shit about upsetting people, thats why i call the referee every name under the sun when hes probably a decent bloke, thats why i hate the opposing fans for 90 minutes with a vengeance, thats why i do swear in front of women and children at a match, i dont see them cos im watching the bloody game! So dont bring your issues and problems that are nothing to do with football to MY stadium, basically, for 90 minutes, I DONT CARE!!!!

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

So what if someone brought an NF flag...would you still not care?

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

WHY WOULD I CARE? its not me with the flag, its not what i think, it doesnt represent me! it would be an idiot who would look an idiot, not get any support and probably feel pretty stupid so wouldnt bother again!! A football stadium is a public place, how can you stop it? It wouldnt represent us, just the twat whos it was.

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

So even if a political symbol, being knowingly racially offensive, made it uncomfertable for a fellow Arsenal fan to enjoy the match...you would not care???

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

No i wouldnt!! it would be down to that person to understand that it is a football stadium full of different people with different beliefs, a flag stopping someone enjoying the game? do me a favour, if your offended that easy dont come to the game, i wont miss you!! you cant love football or the Gunners enough if a FLAG stops you from watching and enjoying the game!! and learn how to spell uncomfortable!!!

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

No i wouldnt!! it would be down to that person to understand that it is a football stadium full of different people with different beliefs, a flag stopping someone enjoying the game?
So theoretically, someone with racist beliefs should be allowed to openly make such statements at a football match?? Is this what you are saying?

do me a favour, if your offended that easy dont come to the game, i wont miss you!!
...and someone with your moronic beliefs of what watching a football match is about wouldnt be missed by any of the intelligent support either.
you cant love football or the Gunners enough if a FLAG stops you from watching and enjoying the game!!
So because I will not tolerate a political symbol of racist opression at a football match...you are doubting my support for the club.
and learn how to spell uncomfortable!!!
I'd prefer to make a simple spelling mistake then be a knucklehead such as yourself.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

hahahahahah, you really are so up your own arse its unbelievable, "if you dont believe what i believe then you are wrong and a knucklehead"? go and be a politician if you want to spout shit all day and let us get on with supporting our club! No one cares what you believe on this site!! do you not get it? go to www.imaselfappointedspokesmancosimimportant.com! where people might care

kypros

Post by kypros »

F@k me LOL!.!.what drugs do this Turks take? Is it “I am a Muslim and I believe in any bullshit that favours meâ€