The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:53 am
made my morning :barscarf:
:D :D :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:05 pm
silus wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:34 pm
I must be a masochist because I'm looking forward to the last few days of the transfer window. Not because of who we sign (obviously) but just to see what sort of squad we have by the end of it.
I've always believed if you don't want to play for The Arsenal....then fuck off. Whatever the reason, be it money, ambition or whatever..see you later.
Unfortunately though, at the moment, it's hard to blame anybody for wanting out...so I certainly won't be booing Sanchez when he rocks up for city later in the season.
I know we joke about him being senile/mental but I genuinely believe Wenger has lost his grip on reality. I didnt think his decisions could get weirder...but this season is a new high/low.
I still wouldn't rule out a ridiculous fee being paid for someone like Lemar, with the books being balanced by sales.
It's certainly going to be an interesting few days. I won't be getting angry tho, maybe we need to plummet new depths of riculousness to start heading in the right direction again...sooner or later somebody in the club has to realise what a farce the whole thing has become. Surely?!!
Wenger came out and said earlier this week that Lemar is no longer available. That might come back to embarrass him (hopefully) as Liverpool have just put in a bid for him. Lemar is not the answer anyway....in fact while Wenger is in charge, nobody is.

We NEED a DEFENSIVE midfielder, we have for over a decade....and until we shore up that midfield we are going nowhere.

After yesterdays horror show, anyone we bid for now, decent or crap, is going to cost double what they were going for on Friday. Who goes into the season underprepared, shows ALL their frailties & weaknesses in their first 3 games to the sellers market, then races out with 3 days of the window still open, to buy players to patch the holes??? We do, that's who.

I'll tell you exactly what he tried to do....he got a freebie in and he bought Lacazette. He would have obviously liked to have kept Ox & Sanchez & sold off Mustafi and whoever else he didn't want. If we had got something at Stoke & yesterday he would have been cock a hoop, declaring himself more than happy with the squad he's got (In fact he already did at his presser before the Pool game) and then with the sales, he would have been in the black, Kroenke would have been thrilled and Wenger would be sitting now with 6 or 7 points and off on the International break. But it has absolutely imploded in the most spectacular fashion. In fact it could not be worse. Beaten by Stoke, HAMMERED by Liverpool, the window about to close, players he wanted to get rid of still here, players he wanted to keep, halfway out the door and now having to rush out, panic stricken into a waiting black market . Absolutely the worst case scenario he could imagine.

It must have dawned on him yesterday, that is why that smug,wolfish grin was nowhere to be seen.

There is work to be done Arsene...off you go with your cheque book...gonna need a big one as well.
Yeah we need a DM, another midfielder also as Coq, Elneny and Xaha are Championship quality, we need a Top quality CB a Left back and a Goalkeeper....meanwhile silly bollox is out trying to sign a Arsenio from Madrid...good player but not what we want....as you say all a waste of time because whoever he signs will turn to shite very quickly......

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Ox to Chelsea confirmed.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Ox is no big loss, he's no better than that other half wit Walcott.

Sad thing is you could easily add another dozen or more to the transfer list and fans wouldn't give a shite if they went.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

We'll probably chuck £70million at Real Madrid for Asensio.

As someone else pointed out - another small, camp attacking midfielder. Just what we don't need :barscarf:

ARSENE KNOWS

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Lemar likely to go to Liverpool - major major embarrassing

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:55 pm
We'll probably chuck £70million at Real Madrid for Asensio.

As someone else pointed out - another small, camp attacking midfielder. Just what we don't need :barscarf:

ARSENE KNOWS
He's a top player in the making by all accounts, which is why I doubt he'll join a club managed by a dinosaur who can't do tactics or winning a major trophy for 13 years..

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Selling Ox for £35m is a bloody good deal. No doubt Southampton will get a sell on percentage and hopefully let van Dijk join us by Thursday.
Not really bothered if Lemar joins Liverpool, we really don't need him.
I'd keep Perez and let Welbeck move on with Chamberlain. At least he can score and assist unlike Welbeck.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:02 am
Selling Ox for £35m is a bloody good deal. No doubt Southampton will get a sell on percentage and hopefully let van Dijk join us by Thursday.
Not really bothered if Lemar joins Liverpool, we really don't need him.
I'd keep Perez and let Welbeck move on with Chamberlain. At least he can score and assist unlike Welbeck.
van dijk has agreed terms with livepool apparently

Midz

Post by Midz »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:02 am

Perez is a much better player any day of the week. Just don't get what AW thinks Welbeck offers our team. It certainly isn't goals.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:12 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:05 pm
This thread is heading down a Norman Wisdom-esque tunnel it may never emerge from :lol:
Mr Grimsdale. . . . . . . . :lol:
it is Wisdon-esque :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Raheem Sterling :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 am
Raheem Sterling :coffeespit:
:coffeespit:

Sterling PLUS cash for Sanchez???? There simply is not enough money in the world ffs! :lol: :lol: :banghead: :lol: :fryingpan:

I'd rather just give them Sanchez and let them keep Sterling too! :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

imagine Sterling and Walcott in the same team at the same time....end of days stuff right there,

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

People are asking for Aguero in the exchange. Aguero is probably off on International break and thinking if that's an option I'm not going back to the UK. No decent player is coming to us. In fact I honestly believe with the lack of guidance, the lack of direction, the mood in the squad and the unbalanced nature, it doesn't matter who comes. I'll bet Lacazette is already thinking, WTF have I done. Imagine 3 games in at your new club and being in that toxic enviroment and realizing that the manager is not going to sort it because he doesn't know how to.

If you put Wenger in charge of Real Madrid tomorrow I would bet against them finishing in the Top 2... and they would go out of the CL in around the 1/4's as well.

The man is absolutely toxic and cannot guide a team that cannot manage itself. Good luck to whoever wants to leave.