Back non-league day!!!

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
skizz_b

Re: Back non-league day!!!

Post by skizz_b »

LDB wrote:
Theoperator wrote:Suppose if terraces and standing without stewards getting arsey isnt your thing thats fine.

Its as different as chalk and cheese- you actually get to meet directors/ players as well :shock:

Maybe Wrighty wouldnt agree fully either about inbreds :wink:
I'd rather sit down surrounded by people who (usually) reside on this planet then be standing surrounded by utter morons. I've been to my local non-league ground a few times (Sutton United) and frankly I'm not sure who is more cringeworthy - the people who try to pretend they go all the time and yet don't know the words of the 2 songs which can actually be deciphered as containing words or the ones who genuinely give a shit about putting one over on those boys from Welling Town :roll: :roll:

And why would I want to meet the players or directors? Part of it could be that Sutton is just a fairly anonymous London commuter belt place so I don't share the local pride but frankly if all non-league fans are like the ones I've seen there then count me out
non league football is now being invaded by hipsters who purport to support the club through "thick and thin"

sutton is also my local club, closest I've been to a game there is going through West Sutton station on the thameslink. :barscarf:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Theoperator wrote:, the game lasted 30 mins before one of the floodlight clusters failed,

where some lead others follow (Vs Coventry FA cup 4th round :wink: ) :barscarf: :barscarf:

At the moment the Conference is in disarray, so many matches called off due to waterlogged pitches that some teams face 2 or 3 games a week, with the FA Trophy getting in the way as well.

I smile at this as theres this endless "rotation" system in the PL, yet Conference players are expected to turn up and play 3 times a week for months on end :rubchin:

I guess that the undersoil heating for PL clubs as well as getting rid of the snow & frost also stops the pitches from being waterlogged, something I hadnt thought about till this year.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

What's this thread doing in the Basement, AKA Cannonballs???

It's football related.

Anyhow....I watch non-league football whenever I can be arsed. The standard is crap. But at least you can enjoy a lager or three whilst standing on a terrace.

And you can meet colourful characters like this ...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZi4Z7lUNs8

:lol: