The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:44 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:22 am
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:36 am
Have we signed Mbappe yet? :barscarf:
I concur.
No, but Arsene FC fucked up again in his transfer negotiation.... :lol:

Midfielder Jean Michael Seri has reportedly agreed terms with AS Roma to join them on a five-year deal from Ligue 1 side Nice.

French radio station RMC reports that the Ivorian international has agreed to a provisional contract with the Italian side after his representatives spent the weekend in Rome.

Roma have previously had offers of €15 million and €25 million rejected by Les Aiglons, who are demanding €40 million for the player. But a third bid of €35 million is expected to get the deal done and see Arsenal miss out on one of their transfer targets.

The news of the 25-year-old's proposed move to Italy will not only come as a blow to Arsene Wenger's men only but also to Tottenham Hotspur and Paris Saint-Germain who were also reportedly eyeing the former Pacos de Ferreira man.

It is believed that Seri will be Mohamed Salah's replacement at the Serie A runners-up which should leave the Egyptian clear to conclude his move to Liverpool.
What top top qualiteeee superstar have we signed????
I am a leetle beeet fucked at zee moment...... :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Just read an article about Dani Alves might be leaving Juve after only 1 season?
Don't think we should be after him just wondered why he wanted to leave.

He was a great player and still is at 34.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:50 pm
just wondered why he wanted to leave
M-O-N-E-Y

8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

meanwhile Wenger looking after his boys.....next up Walcott

Ramsey’s current contract runs out in 2019 and Arsenal want to extend that to avoid him entering the final two years of his deal.

The Mail claim Ramsey is set to see a boost to his wage packet which is already over £100,000-a-week.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:46 am
meanwhile Wenger looking after his boys.....next up Walcott

Ramsey’s current contract runs out in 2019 and Arsenal want to extend that to avoid him entering the final two years of his deal.

The Mail claim Ramsey is set to see a boost to his wage packet which is already over £100,000-a-week.
And according to the Daily Telegraph, tying Ramsey down to a new deal remains more urgent than Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil’s contracts.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I have learnt to let these things wash over me , it is hope that is the killer with this club .
No matter how many times they fuck us over I always got drawn back like a moth to the light .
But alas no more , I simply don't care !
When you expect nothing it's hard to be disappointed !
That way if they do rock up like they did in the cup final its an unexpected but welcome bonus !

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The arrogant senior citizen is consistent I can give him that!....
Consistent in the way he treats his fans every open and close season for as long as I can remember, loves creating a rumour mill, I reckon he gets his leetle pecker off on this...

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Not one of our but £35m for Salah???
Gervinho must be worth at least £50m in today's market. Crazy price for a player that couldn't get past Moses and Willian at the chavs.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Meanwhile Chelsea and United being strongly linked with Lewandowski.....

Kroenke & Wenger have turned this club into second rate joke team that the highest calibre of player wouldn't even consider, if we were in our current state Sanchez would not have joined us in the first place, in fact I think he will be the last top drawer player we signed until someday in the distant future when these two c*nts might just get out of our club.

Honestly I can see us going the same way as Everton now, big club in the 80's but confined to 'sleeping giant' status thereafter, I just hope our fanbase continues to become more and more hostile towards the current regime, sadly with the amount of AKB's and pacifist types I think the next 10 years at least are looking grim..

I promised myself to 'switch off' from football if Wenger stayed, honestly I am finding it hard but I think come the start of the season if we look like we're in for more of the same (possibly worse!) then I will have to go cold turkey, I just don't see the point of getting angry, upset or have any sort of emotion towards a club run purely for low risk profit for an absantee US investor, with a complicit manager.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

No stellar signings but hey who cares, at least the new shirt's on sale to make our bank manager even happier

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

MrT wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:52 am
One bit of good news, West Ham are trying to sign donkey Giroud.
Nope....Wenger has come out and said he wants Giroud to stay. Wenger needs to batten down his inner circle,his"boys"....Ramsey,Walcott,Giroud,etc, etc...the loyal ones,the sub standard ones.

Also I suppose if he has a mass clearout who is he going to replace them with,as he can no longer attract players with ambition.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:34 pm
MrT wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:52 am
One bit of good news, West Ham are trying to sign donkey Giroud.
Nope....Wenger has come out and said he wants Giroud to stay. Wenger needs to batten down his inner circle,his"boys"....Ramsey,Walcott,Giroud,etc, etc...the loyal ones,the sub standard ones.

Also I suppose if he has a mass clearout who is he going to replace them with,as he can no longer attract players with ambition.
Agreed along with all his back room boys and yes men...they are only loyal as its in there interest, keep getting them wages in
Probably all have stories to tell on Wenger

Herd

Post by Herd »

The big boys go for Lewandowski Arsenal go for the Big Lebowski

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm
The big boys go for Lewandowski Arsenal go for the Big Lebowski
:mrgreen:

Yeah and afterall we have Giroud already so we can't 'kill' him. :roll:

I don't mind us keeping Giroud as long as it is made clear he will only ever be a sub, his performances are rank when he starts games, if he wants to start then he should be told to find a new club.

Wenger basically chooses 'his players' over the fans, it will all end badly for him.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

The lack of activity is hardly surprising. What decent player with ambition would want to come and play in our clusterfuck of a club? Its ran from top to bottom by a total arsepiece? :oops: