Time to start with Theo (Online Ed - Nov 22)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
redordead

Post by redordead »

couldn't agree more............ lets hope thta he gets a full run out against Poro he was a master stroke when he came on against Spamburg!, i think with Thierry going to miss this game it would be an ideal oppurtunity for the new talisman of AG to show his stuff, i think we can expect great things from this young starlet in the coming months!!!!

THEO, THEO, THEO
8)

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Very much agree. Even if you played Theo wide, stuck him on the touch line and he never touched the ball, it would still have a huge impact. We make defending easy for teams with our 'wingers' constantly cutting inside, compacting the middle areas and shrinking the amount of space opposing defenders have to cover. My having a playing out wide it drags the opposition across the pitch and creates gaps for the likes of Henry, Hleb, Rosicky and Cesc to exploit. I usually sit lower tier in the Red action area but for the Boro game I was upper tier. From the elevated view point it was so obvious how we make life difficult for ourselves by closing up the space while at the same time simplifying things for the opposition. Maybe Arsene should sit Upper Tier for a game or two??!!