THAT chant being sold online.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
perry groves was a legend

THAT chant being sold online.

Post by perry groves was a legend »

This is just unbelievable really,play are selling an album of manure songs and actually featured is that vile disgusting chant.Disgusting stuff.

http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download- ... oduct.html

Load of ballacks if ever there was one.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

That it is an utter disgrace...surely something has to be done about this!

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

That is fcuking disgraceful.

perry groves was a legend

Post by perry groves was a legend »

Shocking,couldn't believe it when my mate told me about it.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

this is a complete disgrace.

that kind of thing would not be allowed even here in brazil, i'm really shocked to see it.

i don't know how you guys face it, but in my opinion pedophilia is one of the most serious crimes of mankind and joking about it is the most ridiculous thing people can do. i don't know if i see it like that because there's a lot of child prostitution in brazil, but it makes me disgusted and angry. a real man with the smallest of principles would not do such a thing. i'm disgusted.

what a fucking disgrace, and i mean it.

augie

Post by augie »

Enough is enough......when those *word censored* come to the grove we are going to have to be organised enough to belt out the munich song throughout the game :evil: :evil: :evil: I hope that will draw the media attention to us and then we can point out that if those scum can get away with this shit then we will retaliate in kind :evil: :evil: :evil:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

yeah..And you can be sure there will be microphones picking our fans up big time.
Look im as enraged about this chant as much as anyone,but surely there must be another way around this?

augie

Post by augie »

[quote="mrgnu1958"]yeah..And you can be sure there will be microphones picking our fans up big time.
Look im as enraged about this chant as much as anyone,but surely there must be another way around this?[/quote]

What are the other options ? :? The media simply will not say anything about murdoch united so it is pointless expect those pillars of virtue ( :roll: ) to do anything off their own back :x The only way of getting this situation highlighted is to respond in kind and please dont let anybody come on here saying that we are too good to behave like this cos, as much as I think wenger's best days are gone, I still will defend him to the hilt over shit like this and he certainly deserves better from the scummy fans of other clubs around the country :evil: :evil: :evil:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The complaints email is:

[email protected]

My email is going off in a minute, I suggest others do the same. Should we let both clubs know that this is being sold?

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to convey my disgust at a product that is being sold by your website: play.com (uk).

On the Manchester United Chants MP3 album there is a chant entitle 'sit down you paedophile.' This song is sung by Manchester United fans and aimed at Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. The fact that this is factually incorrect and slanderous does not seem to worry you. Nor does the disgusting ill-taste that selling this shows.

I will be making both Arsenal and Manchester United aware of the fact that your company tolerates and promotes this kind of sick, foul-mouthed chanting and hope that you see sense and remove either this chant or the product in question.

I look forward to your views on this matter.

Yours faithfully,
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I buy a lot of stuff off play.com and found the site very good.

Never again.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Likewise, I have been using Play.com religiously since 2002. I will never use the site ever again now. My email complaint is on its way imminently.

northbankgooner

Post by northbankgooner »

I have just sent this email:

Hi, my name is Charlie Rainsford.
I am writing in relation to this product:http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download- ... oduct.html. In particular to track no.4.
I am a fan of Arsenal Football Club and I have been present when this vile, disgusting chant has been sung at the manager of our club. I believe that paedophilia is one of the worst things that any human being can do and to accuse someone of it just because of a dislike of another football team is disgraceful.
Therefore, I was in disbelief when I found out that this "chant" was on sale on your highly respected website. I request that it is taken down now and a complaint is brought to the manufacturer of this CD. I and many other Arsenal supporters will not use your site again until this is dealt with.
I look forward to hearing from you in the future
Charlie Rainsford

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Complaint sent:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was recently made aware of the item "Manchester United Chants" available for purchase as an MP3 album on Play.com, and am absolutely astounded.

In case you're not aware, track four - "sit down you paedophile" - is an absolutely disgusting chant that the Man Utd fans direct towards Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, on a regular and persistent basis. For a man with absolutely no links to paedophelia to have to accept this from a group of disgusting animals is one thing - for your company to outright promote this behaviour is unbelievable, and flat-out unacceptable.

I have been a member of both Play.com and PlayUSA.com since approximately 2002, but after seeing that you're the kind of organisation that would condone, and encourage, this kind of abuse, I can happily state that I will never be using your services again. Please close my accounts - registered under the email address XXX - immediately.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Excellent letter northbank. Have used bits of it in my own and have just sent it off.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Sent!
Hi,
I am writing to complain about the obvious disgusting chant directed towards Arsene Wenger, that is currently being made available through your website.
Regards, Disappointed