will usual service be resumed

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jrthgooner

will usual service be resumed

Post by jrthgooner »

I was not at the Barnet game but from reading various bits on this website and newspaper reports it seems that some of the youngsters stood up to be counted. Whilst I appreciate that it is only Barnet you can only beat what is in front of you both as a team and an individual.

The thing that bothers me most is that even after the youngsters have done well, they will be immediately dropped and not seen again unless they are out on loan, in favour of the crap that Wenger loves and sees nothing wron gin. I think especially of Eduardo, Traore, Vela and Denilson (although this could cover many more) who have time and again let us down horribly.

Give the youngsters a chance in the first team and see if they have what it takes otherwise how will they develop and we as a club know if they can handle it in the tough Premier League? I would rather have Frimpong, Cruise, Wilshere and Simpson than the few mentioned above!! Even more so if we won't spend any moeny

Percy Dalton

Re: will usual service be resumed

Post by Percy Dalton »

jrthgooner wrote:I was not at the Barnet game but from reading various bits on this website and newspaper reports it seems that some of the youngsters stood up to be counted. Whilst I appreciate that it is only Barnet you can only beat what is in front of you both as a team and an individual.

The thing that bothers me most is that even after the youngsters have done well, they will be immediately dropped and not seen again unless they are out on loan, in favour of the crap that Wenger loves and sees nothing wron gin. I think especially of Eduardo, Traore, Vela and Denilson (although this could cover many more) who have time and again let us down horribly.

Give the youngsters a chance in the first team and see if they have what it takes otherwise how will they develop and we as a club know if they can handle it in the tough Premier League? I would rather have Frimpong, Cruise, Wilshere and Simpson than the few mentioned above!! Even more so if we won't spend any moeny

Are you willing to finish say 6th whilst affording these players further experience?

:?

jrthgooner

Post by jrthgooner »

BUt they have to have a chance at some point also at the same age Denilson, Diaby and Traore have had many games and failed.

If we give them a chance we might be suprised but there is always a risk which ever way you look at it. If we finish 6th it won't be down to giving these players a chance will it?

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I think Diaby could be a bloody good player for us, as soon as he stays injury free and him and Wenger find out his best position

is he Def Mid , Cen Mid , Left Mid, Winger, supporting striker - who fucking knows

I for one don't want Diaby to leave

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Rosie_titters wrote:I think Diaby could be a bloody good player for us, as soon as he stays injury free and him and Wenger find out his best position

is he Def Mid , Cen Mid , Left Mid, Winger, supporting striker - who fucking knows

I for one don't want Diaby to leave
I wouldn't say it's only you that doesn't want him to leave.....There's at least one more person.

:lol: :wink:

jrthgooner

Post by jrthgooner »

One good game in 8 does not make him a good player and he sadly just sems to be one of those players who will always be injured on a regular basis

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

jrthgooner wrote:One good game in 8 does not make him a good player and he sadly just sems to be one of those players who will always be injured on a regular basis
you say that, but what is he's best position :?: - no one knows

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Rosie_titters wrote:
jrthgooner wrote:One good game in 8 does not make him a good player and he sadly just sems to be one of those players who will always be injured on a regular basis
you say that, but what is he's best position :?: - no one knows
:lol: :lol:

Exactly!

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

My midfield:

SAGNA VERMAELEN CLICHY

SONG
NASRI DIABY CESC NEW PLAYER

ARSHAVIN VAN PERSIE/CHAMAKH

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

I remember some years back we beat I think Boreham Wood by 10-1 or some such score and Greg Lincoln and Graham Barrett combined for seven goals between them (one got four the other three but I can't remember which exactly). How many goals did they score for us in the Premiership? I believe Barrett got one or two before getting injured at Leicester same match as Matt Upson had his knee done. Lincoln - none.

If it was as simple as one good match every club in the world would have 11 - or more - real star players in it.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

merson_is_god wrote:My midfield:

SAGNA VERMAELEN CLICHY

SONG

That's a BIG midfield :wink: :D

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

merson_is_god wrote:My midfield:

SAGNA VERMAELEN CLICHY

SONG

Blimey, that is certainly an overcrowded midfield... formation 0-11-0... Hmmm... :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Ban frank :twisted:

:wink:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

flash gunner wrote:Ban frank :twisted:

:wink:
Yes, ban me please...

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol:

marcengels