WERE YOU THERE PART 9....for any of the ECWC games in 93/94?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
merson_is_god

WERE YOU THERE PART 9....for any of the ECWC games in 93/94?

Post by merson_is_god »

This was the season we won our first European trophy since 1970. Did you go to any of the games home or away or even the Final in Copenhagen? What was it like at the game? Which match did you go to? What are your memories of the day?

:barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

all home games, too young to go away games

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

What do you remember of the games tpm?

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

I remember staking the huge amount of £2 on TA to score the first goal in the home leg against Torino.

£32 winnings @ 16/1 had me fighting the girls off with a shitty stick in school the next day.

SamiS

Post by SamiS »

remember my dad went with his best mate

been described to me as the fastest driving ever seen..........

dont ask my dad to many question so dont know much more although his best mate has told me quite a bit

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Yeah I went to all the home games and Liege, Paris and Copenhagen MIG

But I'm not telling you about it :lol: :wink:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

My memory of that night was being in a club/pub with John Jensen signing Red Red Wine to a packed place full of Gooners. Got some pictures of that night. If memory serves Brolin and Zola were in there as well.

Great fucking evening

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

marcengels wrote:Yeah I went to all the home games and Liege, Paris and Copenhagen MIG

Then I don't believe you! :wink:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

merson_is_god wrote:
marcengels wrote:Yeah I went to all the home games and Liege, Paris and Copenhagen MIG

Then I don't believe you! :wink:
ok

8)

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

FINE!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Went to all the home games and Liege away together with the final. Most memorable moment was boarding the plane for the final, walking down the aisle, seeing a HUGE bloke in a seat and praying that my seat wasn't next to him.
Yep, you've guessed it.... :banghead:

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Went to all the home games and Liege away together with the final. Most memorable moment was boarding the plane for the final, walking down the aisle, seeing a HUGE bloke in a seat and praying that my seat wasn't next to him.
MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT BEING A FATTY SAT NEXT TO YOU?!?!?!? **** per chance? How can that be memorable considering we won a European Cup for the first time in 24 years?!?!?!

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

merson_is_god wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:Went to all the home games and Liege away together with the final. Most memorable moment was boarding the plane for the final, walking down the aisle, seeing a HUGE bloke in a seat and praying that my seat wasn't next to him.
MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT BEING A FATTY SAT NEXT TO YOU?!?!?!? **** per chance? How can that be memorable considering we won a European Cup for the first time in 24 years?!?!?!
It was an overrated cup run mate...

:lol: :wink:

tel

Post by tel »

To my utter shame this happened whilst I took a 3 year sabbatical from the game. I was so disillusioned with losing the old North Bank that after a couple of visits to the new one I stopped going for the best part of 3 years. I lost all interest in the sport and only regained it when my mates suggested we go to Paris for the 1995 final. We got tix an hour before kick off and even though we lost all the old enthusiasm came back and hasn't left since. As for the Parma game itself I was in Italy at the time on holiday but can't recall it even being on TV out there??

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Does anyone remember jeremy beadle coming out before the psg game? That was hillarious!!! Couldnt get to the final as was too young to go alone and my sister had an exam, so if we werent all going...none of us were (still havent forgiven her...bitch :twisted: :lol: :wink: )