England 2018 World Cup bid

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
M-50

England 2018 World Cup bid

Post by M-50 »

Good luck to England tomorrow, from your neighbours :tricolour:

eliogooner

Post by eliogooner »

:unionjack:
I reckon the Russian's will get it :banghead:
Last edited by eliogooner on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

hope they dont get it.

will quite happily go to spain if i ever make it to 2018.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Villa/Brum ruck may well have ended all hopes, you never know with these corrupt bastards.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

northbankbren wrote:Villa/Brum ruck may well have ended all hopes, you never know with these corrupt bastards.
If russia and qatar get the world cups then we might as well give up :banghead: :roll:

Only One Tony Adams

Re: England 2018 World Cup bid

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

M-50 wrote:Good luck to England tomorrow, from your neighbours :tricolour:

And have eight years of the media/press telling us how England are going to win The World Cup in 2018........Fuck that! ........ :banghead: :evil:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

:unionjack:

augie

Post by augie »

It is not for any anti england agenda or anything but personally I dont want england to win the bid - I suppose my reasoning for this is the same as "only 1 TA" in that we would all be subjected to 8 years of media bullshit about the quality of the football/organisation/national team etc etc :roll: Mind you if engerland dont win it we will probably have to listen to 8 years of bitterness citing corruption etc for not winning it :lol:

I should also say that in all honesty england should have been disqualified by now anyway - like it or not fifa rules state that you cannot use any tactics to discredit any opposition bid and yet the english media have done nothing but that :roll: Granted corruption needs to be exposed and fifa needs to look at this but it still ignores their rules and you can be damn sure that the english media would not have given a shit about this if they were not competing for the right to be hosts themselves :roll:

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

good luck, England!

other competitors:
Russia: no, thanks. playing in Nizhny Novogorod? :shock:
Spain & Portugal / Netherlands & Belgium: I don´t like countries to share World Cups

England will win it.
Kaiser Franz Beckenbauer will vote for you guys! :wink:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

augie wrote:It is not for any anti england agenda or anything but personally I dont want england to win the bid - I suppose my reasoning for this is the same as "only 1 TA" in that we would all be subjected to 8 years of media bullshit about the quality of the football/organisation/national team etc etc :roll: Mind you if engerland dont win it we will probably have to listen to 8 years of bitterness citing corruption etc for not winning it :lol:

I should also say that in all honesty england should have been disqualified by now anyway - like it or not fifa rules state that you cannot use any tactics to discredit any opposition bid and yet the english media have done nothing but that :roll: Granted corruption needs to be exposed and fifa needs to look at this but it still ignores their rules and you can be damn sure that the english media would not have given a shit about this if they were not competing for the right to be hosts themselves :roll:
I don't get the disqualification bit augie. If the English media has been discredting the rival bids, then what has that go to do with the FA? They can't control that as much as the russians can control the guy who, I believe is actually connected to the bid, saying that England has a crime and drinking problem. Now, while that may be true :lol: , isn't that more serious than our media making up some shit.

Lord Triesman was swiftly replaced after his faux pas, although his bullshit was more to do with wanting to slip one to a "former aide" :oops:

Overall, this is a contest overseen by a corrupt organisation that sits above the law in Switzerland, taking advantage of it's liberal financial systems. Where have we heard that one before? (Too far? :lol: )

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

marcengels wrote:
augie wrote:It is not for any anti england agenda or anything but personally I dont want england to win the bid - I suppose my reasoning for this is the same as "only 1 TA" in that we would all be subjected to 8 years of media bullshit about the quality of the football/organisation/national team etc etc :roll: Mind you if engerland dont win it we will probably have to listen to 8 years of bitterness citing corruption etc for not winning it :lol:

I don't get the disqualification bit augie. If the English media has been discredting the rival bids, then what has that go to do with the FA? They can't control that as much as the russians can control the guy who, I believe is actually connected to the bid, saying that England has a crime and drinking problem. Now, while that may be true :lol: , isn't that more serious than our media making up some shit.

Lord Triesman was swiftly replaced after his faux pas, although his bullshit was more to do with wanting to slip one to a "former aide" :oops:

Overall, this is a contest overseen by a corrupt organisation that sits above the law in Switzerland, taking advantage of it's liberal financial systems. Where have we heard that one before? (Too far? :lol: )
Agree completely with marcengels. Even though I have a real apathy with the international game at the moment I do hope we get it as it will be a great honour to have the world's best on these shores and seeing our Jack Wilshere captaining England in a World Cup in England! :D :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

marcengels wrote:

I understand what you are saying marc about the seperation of the actions of the media from the fa and I agree that it was the english media just being *word censored* as usual rather than working in cahoots with the fa but surely you can accept that it may not be perceived that way abroad ? As well as that if fifa ignore this (and I believe that officially they will claim that but privately I think it has fcuked england's chances) then what is to stop future bidder's employing these tactics with their media outlets or even private investigators with the itention of undermining rival bids and those people involved in the bids ? I believe that if germany or argentina used these type of tactics against an engerland bid then the moral police (media) in england would kick up blue murder :roll:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Only One Tony Adams wrote:

And have eight years of the media/press telling us how England are going to win The World Cup in 2018........Fuck that! ........ :banghead: :evil:
What he said. Still got 2 more years of Olympic bullshit to live through. :(

paperclip

Post by paperclip »

Only One Tony Adams wrote:

Yeah, cause we don't get that before every world cup as it is do we :roll:

stg

Post by stg »

They say it is between Englan and Russia. England have the best financial package(more money for FIFA) but Russia have the legacy card the same one South Africa used to get to World Cup.

As I see it if England does not win it this time then they might aswell give up trying because it sems that FIFA have this 'legacy' mentality towards the world cup. It looks like 2022 might be back in the US of A because of the footballing legacy they will leave behind and after that it looks like it is going back to the far East for 'footballing legacy' reasons. So thats now 2030 before England can bid again and how much of a legacy can England leave behind?