Emirates Cup line up confirmed - Henry returns!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Cornie

Emirates Cup line up confirmed - Henry returns!

Post by Cornie »

Emirates Cup will host New York Red Bull, Boca Juniors and PSG.

Great to see Henry return to the Emirates :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Is it just me,or does the line-up for the Emirates cup get lamer every year?

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Hardly big name teams are they?? :shock: :shock:

It'll be nice to see Thierry again but I can't see too many people wanting to lash out over £100 to watch those 3 mid-table minnows . . . .

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anything to secure silverware!

:roll: :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Is it just me,or does the line-up for the Emirates cup get lamer every year?
It's because we're getting 'lamer' each year also. Wouldn't want to not win our own cup! :shock: :roll: :wink:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Is it just me,or does the line-up for the Emirates cup get lamer every year?
You wait next year its Barnet,Orient and Arsenal Ladies :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

donaldo wrote:
You wait next year its Barnet,Orient and Arsenal Ladies :oops:
At least Basil would be happy :roll: :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Boomer wrote:
It's because we're getting 'lamer' each year also. Wouldn't want to not win our own cup! :shock: :roll: :wink:
Second place would be acceptable as long as we showed mental strength and potential,and the board would accept a fourth place finish. :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

What an absolutely average line-up. Sort of shows how Arsenal have slipped down the pecking order in recent years; the bigger boys want to play elsewhere, so we end up with PSG for the 50th time running, an Argie side that just want a few quid and a run-out and NY Red Bulls- may as well have got Barnet.
It's on the front page of the website, if I was responsible for getting these rubbish clubs, I'd have hidden somewhere else, not shouted about it.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:What an absolutely average line-up. Sort of shows how Arsenal have slipped down the pecking order in recent years; the bigger boys want to play elsewhere, so we end up with PSG for the 50th time running, an Argie side that just want a few quid and a run-out and NY Red Bulls- may as well have got Barnet.
It's on the front page of the website, if I was responsible for getting these rubbish clubs, I'd have hidden somewhere else, not shouted about it.
What do you expect from pravda? They will push anything to cover the failings of the manager and team

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

I guess that London, Paris, New York and Buenos Aires figure highly on Emirates Airlines radar....

:roll: :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

and what is the obsession with PSG? They have been in 3 out of 5 tounaments. Hasnt Wenger done some advisory stuff for them? :roll:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

No way I'm lashing out £25 on this load of shit, nice as it would be to see Henry again.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

nice to see TH14 at the Grove
and Boca could be fun :D

first silverware of the season :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Safe to say I won't be attending this one.

I think we should invite Stoke, Birmingham and the Dutch national team so that we get all the injuries out of the way early season :D