Mourinho

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Mourinho

Post by Bradywasking »

Jose has made some serious allegations this week, has he a point or is he as deluded as our proffessor ?

REB

Post by REB »

a spoilt little brat who cries when he doesnt get his own way :evil:

*word censored*

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

REBEL GOONER wrote:a spoilt little brat who cries when he doesnt get his own way :evil:

c**t
Yeah but what about Mourinho?

Post by 1989 »

He has a point tbh, Barcewhores are always helped by the refs. How can you explain the 3 penalties not given for Chelsea, the ridiculous sending offs for Thiago Motta, RvP and Pepe. Then you have their players grabbing ours by the neck and the ref does fuck all. They surround the ref in numbers and he does fuck all. They dive, cheat and feign injury through the match and get away with it. It's tough enough playing against them it becomes impossible when refs are on their side too.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Mourinho is a narcissistic, arrogant smug bastard- but its that character that gives him that edge IMO. I'd love him at arsenal and he has a point with some of the allegations against barca too.

g88ner

Re: Mourinho

Post by g88ner »

Bradywasking wrote:Jose has made some serious allegations this week, has he a point or is he as deluded as our proffessor ?
I'm sure some will go down the conspiracy route, but not me - I'd say there's a good chance that the constant moaning at the referee and the over-reacting to tackles certainly plays on the referees mind and, indirectly, influences the referees decision making BUT I cannot believe that referees are cheating us deliberately.

Referees are under huge pressure, and I think they sometimes crack a little and common sense goes out the window resulting in rash decisions (eg. RvP and Pepe's sending offs) or freezing on the big decisions (eg. not giving Chelsea the stone wall penalties against Barca 2 years ago) - it's human nature, and nothing more than that, in my opinion.

Anyway, Mourinho has a nasty streak a mile wide, and despite his undoubted talent as a coach, he does love to ruffle some feathers and create drama and scandal. We've seen it all before.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

I'm with Jose on this one. Barca have cheated for years, Messi is the only player that I can think of that doesnt go to ground like he has been shot :banghead:

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

1989 wrote:He has a point tbh, Barcewhores are always helped by the refs. How can you explain the 3 penalties not given for Chelsea, the ridiculous sending offs for Thiago Motta, RvP and Pepe. Then you have their players grabbing ours by the neck and the ref does fuck all. They surround the ref in numbers and he does fuck all. They dive, cheat and feign injury through the match and get away with it. It's tough enough playing against them it becomes impossible when refs are on their side too.
But other than say Man United or Liverpool at times in their 70s-early80s or maybe Boca Juniors no one get one gets morefrom the refs than Real Madrid other than maybe Barca. I'm sure we all can name other examples as well, but the point is Real are hardly the victims of unfair refereeing with any sort of constancy.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

He's a sore loser. He didn't seem to mind when Drogba dived all over the place back when he managed Chelsea.

He's done a very good job of taking the focus off both his shortcomings as manager of Real (in regard to the CL SF game), and the team's performance itself.

But to accuse another club of being corrupt is a pretty serious allegation. He needs to stop throwing his toys out of the pram and get his own house in order before looking at others.

Oh, and he didn't seem to mention Barcelona's 'unfair advantage' when Real beat them in the Copa Del Ray final the other week? What happened there then?

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

why doesnt uefa make a law that its only the captain who can talk to the ref?
If anyone else goes up like Barca did the other night,Book em..It would stop instantly

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Bradywasking wrote:Jose has made some serious allegations this week, has he a point or is he as deluded as our proffessor ?
selsdon wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:a spoilt little brat who cries when he doesnt get his own way :evil:

c**t
Yeah but what about Mourinho?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

He's very clever but a complete c**t.
Make outrageous statements and everybody's talking about that and not about how negative Real were at home, in front of 100,000 fans and no-one questions Jose's tactics.

Barca are no worse than any other team at trying to cheat (though Alves is one of the worst I've ever seen). Ronaldo, Drogba, etc etc all do it. I hate it but we should admit that English players have done it for years (Keegan etc) and so have Arsenal players (Pires etc).

Managers never complain when their cheats help them win but spit their dummies out when the other team's players do it.
They slag off referees but never mention it when their own players surround them.
All teams do it, but the bigger clubs probably have more success because of their reps and the huge crowds.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Mourinho is defo a result first, entertainment second manager,

couldn't believe a home game in the semi final of the CL and he went with Alonso, Diarra and Pepe in the midfield with only Ozil, Di Maria and Ronaldo as he's attacking options

if he came to Arsenal, we would have a midfield of Denilson, Song, Rosicky and Diaby :lol:

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

He has a point IMO; he echoes my sentiments made in my "The Barcelona Myth" article over on CG. UEFA loves Barcelona, simple as that. Yes his defenders switched off for Messi's goal, no his team not play that great, but at the end of the day, the sending off on Pepe was harsh and the refs once again bought near everything Barca was selling.
Referees are under huge pressure, and I think they sometimes crack a little and common sense goes out the window resulting in rash decisions (eg. RvP and Pepe's sending offs) or freezing on the big decisions (eg. not giving Chelsea the stone wall penalties against Barca 2 years ago) - it's human nature, and nothing more than that, in my opinion.
I agree that refs have huge pressure, and there's more scrutiny than ever. However, like the players playing on the big stage, these refs are supposed to be "the best". They may make mistakes, as we all do, but it's up to them to accept that and say "I made a mistake, I can be better". However, unlike a player who misses an open goal and takes the blame for it, refs constantly seem to stick with their poor decisions and then are covered for by the major organizations.

The RVP sending off, for example, was complete nonsense no matter what angle you come from it. I think everyone agrees. The fact that the ref, and UEFA, upheld that decision was entirely farcical.