HOW TO TAKE A PENALTY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
corkbarry

HOW TO TAKE A PENALTY

Post by corkbarry »

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

Impressive.

I still prefer when Pires rolled the ball off to Henry as he commited the keeper to him before laying it back to Pires to comfortably slide the ball into the open net.
The sight of them skipping off hand in hand in celebration knowing they just executed a moment of sheer genius will always live with me.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

goonermarc wrote:Impressive.

I still prefer when Pires rolled the ball off to Henry as he commited the keeper to him before laying it back to Pires to comfortably slide the ball into the open net.
The sight of them skipping off hand in hand in celebration knowing they just executed a moment of sheer genius will always live with me.
:lol:

JudoKilli

Post by JudoKilli »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

he was immediately subbed off the pitch after he did that and his coach said he is to be "punished for disrespect"

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:he was immediately subbed off the pitch after he did that and his coach said he is to be "punished for disrespect"
Good on the coach... I would have subbed Henry and Pires for that disgrace of a pen too and fined them as much as possible. You dont fuck about with things like that put the ball in the net

REB

Post by REB »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:he was immediately subbed off the pitch after he did that and his coach said he is to be "punished for disrespect"
and rightly so. if he had done that against us in a game i would hope that the next time he got the ball some one would hurt the *word censored* for showing no respect for the opposition :evil:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
and rightly so. if he had done that against us in a game i would hope that the next time he got the ball some one would hurt the c**t for showing no respect for the opposition :evil:
Spot on Reb if i had been playing for the opposition the next time he touched the ball i would have broken his legs

Babu

Post by Babu »

flash gunner wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:
and rightly so. if he had done that against us in a game i would hope that the next time he got the ball some one would hurt the c**t for showing no respect for the opposition :evil:
Spot on Reb if i had been playing for the opposition the next time he touched the ball i would have broken his legs
Agreed 100%.

Actually I probably wouldn't even have waited until the restart, I would have lumped him there and then.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

Babu wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:
Agreed 100%.

Actually I probably wouldn't even have waited until the restart, I would have lumped him there and then.
Are you guys 80?

I'm sure you'd have loved it when Henry got his leg broken after that penalty incident :roll:

Why can't anyone try something different? No respect? I'd be more embarassed if I was the goalkeeper. Did this guy break any rules? Even the opposition coach said he didn't see anything wrong with it.

:popcorn:

bang goes the 0-0 draw

double trouble

Babu

Post by Babu »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:
Are you guys 80?

I'm sure you'd have loved it when Henry got his leg broken after that penalty incident :roll:

Why can't anyone try something different? No respect? I'd be more embarassed if I was the goalkeeper. Did this guy break any rules? Even the opposition coach said he didn't see anything wrong with it.

It's just not cricket, is it!

And I wouldn't have broken his leg, that would have been taking it too far.
I would have swung at him though.

Eboue's 'foul' in the CL Final, to win the free kick for Sol to score? Justified?
Henry's free-kick against villa (?), where the ref blew the whistle but the defenders didn't hear it? OK or not?

What if those had happened against us?!?

But fair point, I am nearer to 80 than to 10. Probably explains it.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Babu wrote:
Are you guys 80?

Eboue's 'foul' in the CL Final, to win the free kick for Sol to score? Justified?
Henry's free-kick against villa (?), where the ref blew the whistle but the defenders didn't hear it? OK or not?

I just think this guy will be able to talk about that pen for a long time. I think he was cheeky yes but he doesn't deserve so much grief. Didn't break any rules.

If he had taken that pen against us I would be having a serious go at the keeper ( no doubt it would be Almunia) and not the opposition player

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Babu wrote:
Are you guys 80?

I just think this guy will be able to talk about that pen for a long time. I think he was cheeky yes but he doesn't deserve so much grief. Didn't break any rules.

If he had taken that pen against us I would be having a serious go at the keeper ( no doubt it would be Almunia) and not the opposition player
I'd have blamed Wenger

:wink:

Pilly

Post by Pilly »

As the late great Brian Clough once said... "Clown!"