Udinese away travel, booze etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Udinese away travel, booze etc

Post by Chippy »

I have booked a ticket into Venice on Wed morning. Not booked a hotel yet. Cheapest flight back was on Friday morning so a nice day walking around Venice on Thursday, contemplating how much I'm going to love Thursday night footy. :evil:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Flying into Venice early on the 23rd and out of Trieste the afternoon of the 25th, and planning to get the train from Venice to Udine the afternoon of the match. I booked a hostel in Venice on the Tuesday night and the President Hotel in Udine on the Wednesday night. No idea on boozers, but I'm meeting up with other Gooners there so I'll just follow them.

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

Flying into Venice on the 24th and heading straight to Udine on the train and staying at some hotel next to the station, plan on spending my whole time in Udine. I love Venice but it can become quite hellish in the summer months with the tourist influx.

Leave on the evening of the 25th, managed to get home for very cheap but it involves flying to Malta first.

crocit

Post by crocit »

want to go, but couldn't find anything under £200, , going to savefor the group stages/Europa league! have a goodun guys

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Can't really afford to do this one at the current prices :( Woulda been up for it if I wasn't going NYC at the start of September. I see the travel club are offering a trip for the bargain price of just £377 :roll:

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

£377 :lol:, *word censored*. Imagine what they would charge us if we had got Kazan knowing fine well none of us would beable to get there by other means.

If any of you romantics are even remotely thinking of splashing out this much for 'a night in Venice' don't bother, the hotel is in Mestre, not Venice, it's an industrial hell hole on mainland Italy.

I got a 4 night holiday in a 4* on the proper island of Venice for me and the Mrs last year for the same price as the club are offering.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I think that we will lose this one.RVP,and Nasri banned,and Fabregas pleading not to be played so that he isn't cup-tied when he fucks off to Barcelona.I would play the *word censored*!He is under contract to us,and we pay is substantial wages.
On the bright side,Wenger is also banned,so maybe the soft lighting,scented candles, and cuddles,(God,that sounds like what I imagine KingJaysons boudoir to be like!),will be banished from the dressing room!!!

bisiacco

Post by bisiacco »

guys I am from Udine. There should be a Ryanair flight from London to Trieste.
Then u can take some bus and in max 1 hour u are in Udine.
There are several hotels and pensions here for like 50 euros/night.
The ticket will cost like 40 euros or even less.

btw, tickets in your stadium are fucking expensive. :(

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

bisiacco wrote: btw, tickets in your stadium are fucking expensive. :(
Really mate? I happily fork out 3,000 quid for a season ticket every year, isn't that what every club charge? :?

bisiacco

Post by bisiacco »

season tickets in our stadium are these ones:

http://www.udinese.it/campagna_abbonamenti.php

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

How much are we charging Udinese fans mate?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

goonermarc wrote:How much are we charging Udinese fans mate?
Will be the standard £35 lower tier corner prices i woulda thought...

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Dan_85 wrote:
goonermarc wrote:How much are we charging Udinese fans mate?
Will be the standard £35 lower tier corner prices i woulda thought...
Why don't we do what a lot of other clubs do,and stick the away fans in the upper tier somewhere?
1: It means that they pay for the more expensive seats.
2: It frees up cheaper seats for OUR OWN SUPPORTERS!!!

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

Thought the club might swindled some sort of add-on's.

Isn't the reason they put away fans in the lower tier due to segregation issues? They would have to mingle with home fans in order to get to the upper tier if that's what was given.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

goonermarc wrote:Thought the club might swindled some sort of add-on's.

Isn't the reason they put away fans in the lower tier due to segregation issues? They would have to mingle with home fans in order to get to the upper tier if that's what was given.
Segregation is the excuse given, I reckon there's other reasons behind it too though. If we put away fans in the upper tier can you imagine all clubs selling out their 3k allocation if tickets were a minimum of £48 or whatever it costs up there? Ain't gonna happen.