Chance to play at Highbury

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wehatet********

Chance to play at Highbury

Post by wehatet******** »

I missed out in the ballot :( but went along this afternoon maybe to watch. Not a hope! Security: couldn't handle the extra crowds blah blah. :roll: Spoke to one 'player' who said it was a lifelong dream - overjoyed. Did anyone out there play, try to get in and watch like me etc? How do you feel about it? :?:

gooner.ed
Site Admin

No surprises...

Post by gooner.ed »

Arsenal jobsworths. Looking forward to the auction in July. Might have cost me £23 to get a catalogue to gain entry to the East Stand, but It will be great to sit in that stand one last time. Might even take along a spanner set and get my seat! :wink:

wehatet********

Post by wehatet******** »

Good thinking! But what about the cadmium scare though? I did write in expressing concern about the concentration levels of Cadmium for someone sitting in the middle of all those potentially poisionous seats but the club didn't respond? :twisted:

Cesc is God

Re: Chance to play at Highbury

Post by Cesc is God »

wehatet******** wrote:I missed out in the ballot :( but went along this afternoon maybe to watch. Not a hope! Security: couldn't handle the extra crowds blah blah. :roll: Spoke to one 'player' who said it was a lifelong dream - overjoyed. Did anyone out there play, try to get in and watch like me etc? How do you feel about it? :?:
I know this is a late reply but look at my 'Ultimate Fans Day 2006' Thread

http://onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=473 - is this what you're talking about?