Arsenal pub in dublin

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
RNTGOONER

Arsenal pub in dublin

Post by RNTGOONER »

I am in Dublín for weekend can anypne recomend a pub to watch the Stoke game, that wont be full of gobshytes?

augie

Re: Arsenal pub in dublin

Post by augie »

RNTGOONER wrote:I am in Dublín for weekend can anypne recomend a pub to watch the Stoke game, that wont be full of gobshytes?

Dubln = City full of gobshites :lol: :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10's local The George is always good for ball games :barscarf:

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

rodders999 wrote:DB10's local The George is always good for ball games :barscarf:

Do you have to crawl to fit in the door of the George by any chance ?

;)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

RNTGOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:DB10's local The George is always good for ball games :barscarf:

;)

No, but once they're done with you, crawling will be all you'll be able for! :wink:

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

And after you've had your 'fill' :wink: of The George you can always fall in the door of 'The Mercantile' on Dame street which is just across the road. It's the home of the Dublin Arsenal supporters club and always worth a visit.

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:And after you've had your 'fill' :wink: of The George you can always fall in the door of 'The Mercantile' on Dame street which is just across the road. It's the home of the Dublin Arsenal supporters club and always worth a visit.
Cheers

Have you been there looks a hotel bar ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
RNTGOONER wrote:

;)

No, but once they're done with you, crawling will be all you'll be able for! :wink:
Voice of experience, huh Rodders? :D

Another culchie swamp donkey that fell for the ultimate Dublin practical joke! "Sure, yeah - go on in the George. Great boozer. All the country lads drink there, pal." :lol: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

:popcorn:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
RNTGOONER wrote:

;)

Another culchie swamp donkey that fell for the ultimate Dublin practical joke! "Sure, yeah - go on in the George. Great boozer. All the country lads drink there, pal." :lol: :wink:
But that rainbow coloured flag above the door made the place look so innocent!! It was only when I started chatting to the cowboy, police officer and red Indian inside that I realised everything was not as it seemed.

:wink:

Nick Bendtners Ego

rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
RNTGOONER wrote:

;)

But that rainbow coloured flag above the door made the place look so innocent!! It was only when I started chatting to the cowboy, police officer and red Indian inside that I realised everything was not as it seemed.

So........................ a few hours later, and after you've been 'Rodeo'd' , 'Frisked' and 'Scalped' , what did you think ? :wink:

Nick Bendtners Ego

rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
RNTGOONER wrote:

;)

So........................ a few hours later, and after you've been 'Rodeo'd' , 'Frisked' and 'Scalped' , what did you think ? :wink:

Nick Bendtners Ego

RNTGOONER wrote:
Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:And after you've had your 'fill' :wink: of The George you can always fall in the door of 'The Mercantile' on Dame street which is just across the road. It's the home of the Dublin Arsenal supporters club and always worth a visit.
Cheers

It is a Hotel bar but lots more emphasis on the bar bit. Good for late night drinking ,some decent sounds and not that many plebs. Coupled with that it's central. If I'm not over for a game and not working , I'll often stick my face in. Can be a cracking spot depending on the game.Early kick off Sunday might see it more subdued though. Hope it seals a top weekend for you mate :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:
RNTGOONER wrote:
Cheers

It is a Hotel bar but lots more emphasis on the bar bit. Good for late night drinking ,some decent sounds and not that many plebs. Coupled with that it's central. If I'm not over for a game and not working , I'll often stick my face in. Can be a cracking spot depending on the game.Early kick off Sunday might see it more subdued though. Hope it seals a top weekend for you mate :barscarf:
Yep. Agreed The Merc is a decent cruiser. 8)

Just watch out for the "spill-over" from the George nearby... literally! :-P :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
RNTGOONER wrote:

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: