Sp*rs ambition

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Seanyboi

Sp*rs ambition

Post by Seanyboi »

I hate to say this, but it just seems to me Spu*s seem to have a lot more ambition with this transfer window.

Dembele, linked with Remy, on the verge of signing Moutinho, talk of Kaka, Willian Lloris, getting Defoe to actually put pen to paper , getting Bale to put Pen to Paper when BARCELONA are showing massive interest... yet our players leave willy nilly and we leave it til last minute all the time.

As soon as they didnt qualify for CL and Modric left, I thought here goes spurs down the stairs again, SHOCK they get a half decent manager and start splashing cash on decent players... Why do I feel they are making bigger steps and improvements, whilst we're taking 1 step forward then 2 steps back? :banghead: :banghead:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Re: Sp*rs ambition

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Seanyboi wrote:I hate to say this, but it just seems to me Spu*s seem to have a lot more ambition with this transfer window.

Dembele, linked with Remy, on the verge of signing Moutinho, talk of Kaka, Willian Lloris, getting Defoe to actually put pen to paper , getting Bale to put Pen to Paper when BARCELONA are showing massive interest... yet our players leave willy nilly and we leave it til last minute all the time.

As soon as they didnt qualify for CL and Modric left, I thought here goes spurs down the stairs again, SHOCK they get a half decent manager and start splashing cash on decent players... Why do I feel they are making bigger steps and improvements, whilst we're taking 1 step forward then 2 steps back? :banghead: :banghead:

Heard the same all the way through last season - still finished above them - AVB has ripped up a fairly succesful side, might work, might not - but as it stands they / he have it all to prove.

I want names in, really do, but im not concerned about those tw@ts

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Agree with BDB

But in more informal tone I say

Who gives a flying monkey shit about that vermin up da road?

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

So you've based a lot of this on rumours? Dembele and Sigurdson are not in the same league as Modric and VDV.

Mouthinio in? Well Carzola is as good if not better.

Chill out, and stop praising the scum.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Yeah, they are no more ambitious than we are, they've brought players in but let better players go so it's hardly strengthening.

Glad to see VDV go, he was a pain in the arse.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

They do worry me but i say that every season :?

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Gunnersaurus wrote:Yeah, they are no more ambitious than we are, they've brought players in but let better players go so it's hardly strengthening.

RvV was a disgusting individual.....scummy little verminous cretin......am I allowed to say that?

Seanyboi

Post by Seanyboi »

rigsby wrote:
Not praising them mate so get off me back. Just saying, its a shame we cant keep players. Bale is a quality player, Barcelona were interested, then he pens to 5 year contract, why dont we get that kind of loyalty? Oh they've just signed Hugo Lloris 5 minutes ago also...Most highly rated keeper in Europe atm... but i guess as I should shut up 'praising' the scum :roll:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

You just did :D

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Seanyboi wrote:
rigsby wrote:
Not praising them mate so get off me back. Just saying, its a shame we cant keep players. Bale is a quality player, Barcelona were interested, then he pens to 5 year contract, why dont we get that kind of loyalty? Oh they've just signed Hugo Lloris 5 minutes ago also...Most highly rated keeper in Europe atm... but i guess as I should shut up 'praising' the scum :roll:

They did a good job keeping modric didn't they?

They've also just ripped up 'the best Spurs team for 50 years' and got a right muppet managing them, they will do well to finish in the top 6.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Last season they worried me a bit at the start. :rubchin:

But Meltedcheeseface's trial and the Engerland job rumours helped fuck their season off track. :lol: :barscarf:

This season I don't think they will do too well. :) 8)

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Seanyboi wrote:
rigsby wrote:

Sean

He ain't getting on your back, Rigsby ain't like that, what he is saying is pretty much what most have said....who gives a shit about them? We are more worried about ourselves.

Keep posting dude...and don't take it to heart..we are all Gooners (well some are wummers)

augie

Post by augie »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:Yeah, they are no more ambitious than we are, they've brought players in but let better players go so it's hardly strengthening.

RvV was a disgusting individual.....scummy little verminous cretin......am I allowed to say that?

You are a mod...........you can do what you like :wink: :lol:

SammyDroppedHisShorts

augie wrote:

Hmmmmmmm really?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:

Dont tell him that i'll be banned at 1 second past 11 tonight :? :wink: