Jenkinson

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jrthgooner

Jenkinson

Post by jrthgooner »

I was not really sure why we signed him last year and although he did ok last year he was not anything special. This season though he is getting better every game he plays. Whilst I appreciate he still has work to do on his game he has really impressed me so far and I hope that long may it continue!!

My man of the match yesterday and I do not see Sagne getting back into the side anytime soon either

QuartzGooner

Re: Jenkinson

Post by QuartzGooner »

Good going forward and plays good passes and cut backs for others to run on to.

But Sagna is a class above defensively and would hope he is our first choice right back.

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

he has become a great undestudy to Sagna. Totally reliable now

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

He is a good understudy but lets not get carried away Sagna is the best RB in the country

tomgooner123

Post by tomgooner123 »

it was great to see the piece about him before the game, sitting in his room with his arsenal gear....TOP MAN.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

tomgooner123 wrote:it was great to see the piece about him before the game, sitting in his room with his arsenal gear....TOP MAN.
A bit like that nice picture of a teenage Van Persie sat in his room in his Arsenal kit. Once a Gooner, always a Gooner eh?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

There were plenty of people on here slating him, and AW for signing him but, considering his age and lack of experience he has done well and I'm sure is well ahead of schedule in his development. He is good going forward and seems to be getting a lot more confident, but I'd still put Sagna back in the second he's fit.

tomgooner123

Post by tomgooner123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
tomgooner123 wrote:it was great to see the piece about him before the game, sitting in his room with his arsenal gear....TOP MAN.
A bit like that nice picture of a teenage Van Persie sat in his room in his Arsenal kit. Once a Gooner, always a Gooner eh?
haha, i don't believe a word they say..... a good kiss on the badge means nothing when they money comes calling,

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

He's improved massively this year. He also has a genuine passion for the club, a rare thing these days. Hope the lad keeps improving.
SteveO 35 wrote:
That's it then eh? Jenkinson has a few good games now he's going to turn out to be another mercenary sell out who will end up at city then? :evil:

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

I really believe he is a real Gooner. He is a least 3rd generation Arsenal and from the few comments I have read I think he is a fan who now plays for the club. (See article below).

I really want him to make it at Arsenal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Good old Jenkster!

:twisted:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

From that article;

'I am a fan of this club and that will never change. I am just lucky enough to have been given the ability and the chance to play for my club.

'I was going to watch Arsenal the same as the fans were and [now] just count myself very lucky to represent them as a fan who has become a player.

'It doesn’t come around very often and I just feel privileged and honoured to be that person.

Bit early for legend status but a good start on the road.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

Red Snapper wrote:From that article;

'I am a fan of this club and that will never change. I am just lucky enough to have been given the ability and the chance to play for my club.

'I was going to watch Arsenal the same as the fans were and [now] just count myself very lucky to represent them as a fan who has become a player.

'It doesn’t come around very often and I just feel privileged and honoured to be that person.

Bit early for legend status but a good start on the road.
Completely agree, too early to be alled a legend. But is he keeps it up, gets even better, tell city to do one and plays with us a while giving 110%, who knows?

But certainly on the right path

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

Still early days but a truly remarkable example of a young player being plucked from nowhere.

Wenger brought him in as understudy to Sagna and knew that Jenko was going to be thrown in the deep end.
It all happened sooner rather than later but the boy has grabbed his opportunity and looks better each game.

It must need such strong self belief to go out there with so little experience. Hats off to Carl. I hope he continues to improve at the current rate.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Has really moved up a few notches this season and thoroughly deserves the praise he's getting...Maybe he could teach Arshavin, camel, djourou and a few others about what it Truly Means to Care About Wearing the Red & White of The Arsenal.