Red Bull Stratos

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
richpye

Red Bull Stratos

Post by richpye »

If anyone has a couple of hours free this afternoon, this is worth a watch

http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

Felix Baumgartner is attempting a freefall from 120,000 feet! :shock:

DarylAFC

Re: Red Bull Stratos

Post by DarylAFC »

Absolutely crazy, total legend

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

The biggest dive since Gareth Bale vs Scotland.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Dan_85 wrote:The biggest dive since Gareth Bale vs Scotland.
:barscarf: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Dan_85 wrote:The biggest dive since Gareth Bale vs Scotland.
Haha is he going to try and break the record he set with his dive at our place last year any time soon? Or is that a bridge too far?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Amazing feat. 8)

He hit over 700mph at one point (and possibly over 800mph - to be confirmed). I remember reading about Joe Kittinger, the previous record holder, and he said at one point he had fallen so fast for so long he lost all sensation of movement and felt like he was floating.

I heard they had a second capsule up there with Felix. To carry his balls. 8) :lol:

Legend. :barscarf: 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Amazing achievement. Loved the way he landed so effortless and then dropped to his knees :barscarf:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I would love to do what he did.

Will go down in history as the ultimate extreme sport.

Won't make me drink Red Bull though.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:I would love to do what he did.

Will go down in history as the ultimate extreme sport.

Won't make me drink Red Bull though.
Try Blue Bear. Tastier, stronger and no heartburn. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

See someone should tell Hlebby it IS possible to get higher than high without all the ganja an sheeeeet! :D 8)

Watched it and was just A- FECKIN-MAAZED at how high he was...jeeezzzuss that guys got some cojona's.... :bowing21:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:See someone should tell Hlebby it IS possible to get higher than high without all the ganja an sheeeeet! :D 8)
that reminds me of a song which the chorus has the words "we'll be higher than a hippie on a helicopter ride" :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The footage from the camera on the side of the capsule that catches him as he steps out with the Earth so far below and away in the background is just fucking awe inspiring. 8)

This is why no stupid fucking dolphins will ever be as intelligent as man. Lying dolphin kúnts. :x :cussing:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

The man is a fucking fruit loop, who in their right mind would try such a stunt? Have a look on YouTube at some of his other stunts, BASE jumping, racing aeroplanes whilst wearing a winged suit etc, complete fucking thrill seeker and one who will no doubt come to an equally exhilarating demise. I have never understood people who feel the need to jump out of perfectly good aircraft, just watching him do so turns my stomach cos when it comes to heights, I get scared enough climbing the stairs at home.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

MutleyGooner wrote:The man is a fucking fruit loop, who in their right mind would try such a stunt? Have a look on YouTube at some of his other stunts, BASE jumping, racing aeroplanes whilst wearing a winged suit etc, complete fucking thrill seeker and one who will no doubt come to an equally exhilarating demise. I have never understood people who feel the need to jump out of perfectly good aircraft, just watching him do so turns my stomach cos when it comes to heights, I get scared enough climbing the stairs at home.
Dolphin loving bastard. :banghead: :box:

:-P :wink:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:The man is a fucking fruit loop, who in their right mind would try such a stunt? Have a look on YouTube at some of his other stunts, BASE jumping, racing aeroplanes whilst wearing a winged suit etc, complete fucking thrill seeker and one who will no doubt come to an equally exhilarating demise. I have never understood people who feel the need to jump out of perfectly good aircraft, just watching him do so turns my stomach cos when it comes to heights, I get scared enough climbing the stairs at home.
Dolphin loving bastard. :banghead: :box:

:-P :wink:
Some of them Dolphins look and sound kinda sexy, what with their high pitch voices and that inviting blow hole on top of their head, don't tell me the thought has never crossed your mind :roll: