Ticket Pricing, Empty Seats, Box & Club Level Empties

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hugh jardon

Ticket Pricing, Empty Seats, Box & Club Level Empties

Post by hugh jardon »

The recent home game against Swansea was Category C - cheapest ticket prices.

However the FA Cup 3rd round replay will be Category B! Incredibly the club price all FA cup home games Cat A and B only, even if we were drawn at home v The Dog And Duck it'd be Cat B!

Tickets on sale today for fixture sometime in the middle of next week. So good luck Arsenal selling out a replay that currently doesn't have a date or kick off time confirmed, and is also liked to be shown live on TV!

Serves you right you money grabbing whores!
Last edited by hugh jardon on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheCook

Re: Swansea - League Cat C, FA Cup Cat B Prices!

Post by TheCook »

I'm not so sure it is gonna be on TV though ; United v West Ham is on the same night, which presumably ITV will be showing live, as Man United are advertising gold, so they can sell all those ad breaks.

I presume ESPN can also show a replay, but maybe they cannot / will not do it the same night at ITV?

Both Arsenal and United are playing the previous Sunday, so neither game can move to the Tuesday.

tel

Post by tel »

Gazidis and Stan must have leapt for joy at the prospect of another pay day when Swansea equalised. I don't give a shit if its live on TV or not I'm not buying a ticket and I hope the match is played in a half empty stadium.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

TheCook wrote:
I presume ESPN can also show a replay, but maybe they cannot / will not do it the same night at ITV?

Both Arsenal and United are playing the previous Sunday, so neither game can move to the Tuesday.
With TV money involved dont be surprised if we do move it to tuesday.Ker-ching

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

They will have fewer home tickets to sell. It's included on season ticket and Swansea will be offered 15% of the ground which 9,000. Even if they don't take the lot they will probably bring a big following reducing match day tickets for our fans.

Mr Eboue

Re: Home v Swansea - League Cat C Prices, FA Cup Cat B Price

Post by Mr Eboue »

Payed to see us lose 0-2 at the Emirates in December, I think i'll be giving this one a miss,

Still can't belive they classify the Arsenal/Stoke match as category B tbh.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

This isnt an Arsenal issue, Swansea can put pressure on to have higher prices (as they get a %), and the club cannot sell cup games at Cat C as it isnt in line with what Season Ticket Holders pay.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

BDB I understand about the season ticket prices (would United at home in the FA Cup Quarters be Category B then?) but what right do Swansea have to demand prices be fixed at a certain level? I believe that the rules on domestic cups are the same, so does this mean that all away clubs have to consent to the £1 a ticket etc offers for lower league Beer Cup tickets?

On a related note, isn't there a Premier League rule whereby you have to offer away fans tickets at the same price of your cheapest home ticket for the game? Surely this must be regularly flouted given the extortionate tickets for some away trips. I remember paying £38 to go to Molineux and my mate assuring me that home tickets were available for far less for the game. May be mistaken though.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:This isnt an Arsenal issue, Swansea can put pressure on to have higher prices (as they get a %), and the club cannot sell cup games at Cat C as it isnt in line with what Season Ticket Holders pay.
And who is to say that Swansea have put pressure on Arsenal to have the more expensive tickets? Surely they'd want their fans to get in to the match a bit cheaper if possible? :? I think the point that it's because of the perceived 'unfairness' to current season ticket holders as it would mean them effectively paying more, was nearer the truth. :rubchin:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:This isnt an Arsenal issue, Swansea can put pressure on to have higher prices (as they get a %), and the club cannot sell cup games at Cat C as it isnt in line with what Season Ticket Holders pay.
So ST holders are over charged and subsequently everyone else is over charged too. Sounds very much an Arsenal issue to me.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

hugh jardon wrote:The recent home game against Swansea was Category C - cheapest ticket prices.

However the FA Cup 3rd round replay will be Category B! Incredibly the club price all FA cup home games Cat A and B only, even if we were drawn at home v The Dog And Duck it'd be Cat B!

Tickets on sale today for fixture sometime in the middle of next week. So good luck Arsenal selling out a replay that currently doesn't have a date or kick off time confirmed, and is also liked to be shown live on TV!

Serves you right you money grabbing whores!

I think hugh on pravda yesterday they said the game will be on 16th jan 19.30 KO but didnt say anything about tickets

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

its live on espn,with the prices i can see a crowd of 40-45000

Macca

Post by Macca »

I'm pissed off that it's taken one of the cup games on my season ticket, replays shouldn't count (re BSM points)...
I'll give it to my Dad as I certainly don't want to be tearing my hair out again as I have twice against Swansea so far this season (armchair for me)...and I seriously think we'll lose!! :(

Simon

Post by Simon »

hugh jardon wrote: So ST holders are over charged and subsequently everyone else is over charged too. Sounds very much an Arsenal issue to me.
"Trebles all round!" said Peter Hill-Wood

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

Gazidas was probably celebrating when Swansea equialised at the thought of the extra £££