Its been a while

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
onemoreminute

Its been a while

Post by onemoreminute »

For those that remember me and my sadly departed best friend Charlie!Charlie!

It has now been over 2 years since Steve passed away, the pain is still there but time is the only healer.
I still to this day meet up with Mick (Steve's Dad) once a month to talk all things football, I took him to the game last season when we beat the spuds 5-2 and he sat next to me in the clock end upper and fair play sat there and smiled at the abuse I was firing down to the knuckle draggers below!
every 19th May we all meet at the plaque and say a few words, we don't know who placed the wreath there this year but whoever did it, thank you, it was very touching.
Im looking forward to hopefully getting back on here going forward as I have missed it but for obvious reasons have found it incredibly difficult to do.
Once again, from Steve's family thank you to all of you who made getting the stone possible as it means so much.

Best regards

Scott

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Its been a while

Post by StuartL »

Welcome back Scott, :barscarf:

Hope that you now feel able to post all things Arsenal again.

onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

Thanks Stuart, means a lot

I have missed it, used to have a great crack on here, and hopefully still will :barscarf:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

welcome back :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

things on here haven't changed much, just a few posters like Frank Butcher, US Martin, Mrgnu and Babatunde have gone, but the irish lot are still hanging around :D :D :D

onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

cheers Rosie!

How about the likes of Wayno, Percy and Spudmasher, are they still loitering? :D

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Hello Mate,
I remember P.M ing you to suggest the "Stone" idea,I am glad that it happened.
I have lost my Dad since then,(October 3rd 2012),so understand even more what you and Steves,(Charlies), family have been through,and continue to endure.
My Dad loved Football too,and knew what he was talking about.I miss the post match phone calls to analyse games,or the Half-Time call to let him know what the match/atmosphere was like.
All we can do is stay strong,and celebrate their life through our own experiences-every game,every pint,every shared moment.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

Hi Rugby

Firstly, sorry to hear about your loss, hope your doing ok.

your right in what you say, you miss the silly things like the banter, text, phone calls, its not the same for me any many others who have lost loved ones, we stay together and in our own way start to move on.

It was sweet last weekend though wasn't it, considering the other half and all the in-laws are Spuds :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

onemoreminute wrote:Hi Rugby

Firstly, sorry to hear about your loss, hope your doing ok.

your right in what you say, you miss the silly things like the banter, text, phone calls, its not the same for me any many others who have lost loved ones, we stay together and in our own way start to move on.

It was sweet last weekend though wasn't it, considering the other half and all the in-laws are Spuds :barscarf:
I was there,with a mate,in Block 19,right next to them-made it even sweeter!!!
Also,last years 5-2 was the first game that I attended after Dad died.The seat on my right hand side was empty through-out the game.I am not religious or anything,but it was a bit poigniant!!!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Hi OMM

Yep, I remember and as a matter of fact, I was thinking about Charlie Charlie just the other day - don't know why but guess something on here triggered it off. Glad about the stone.

Take care.

REB

Post by REB »

great to hear from you OMM. cant believe its been two years already, also great to hear steves dad is well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Great to hear from you again Scott. Cannot believe it's 2 years since Steve passed away. Christ it has flown in. I used to love the banter between you and Steve on here. It was hilarious stuff. I remember having pints with Steve a couple times in the Gunners and he was a great lad.

Spuddy still loiters and does a bit of modding every now and then. Gus/Percy got banned and is sadly missed. Wayno hasn't been on in a while either.

Hope you will stick around.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Good to see you back and glad to hear the plaque has been laid. If you think its appropriate can you tell us where it is so we can pay our respects too? Dont worry if you want to keep it private, I understand.