Help needed on car repairs

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Perryashburtongroves

Help needed on car repairs

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Evening All,

I'm after any help that anyone can offer me on car body repairs. Earlier tonight, my wife scraped our car on a concrete pillar in a car park and put a massive scrape on the side of the car. The scrape goes across the whole of one car door panel and there is a bit of denting in the wheel arch. We are coming over to London for Christmas next week and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how much it might cost to get fixed? As I say, any help would be warmly welcomed. Thanks in advance.

northbank123

Re: Help needed on car repairs

Post by northbank123 »

How bad is the damage to the wheel arch - do you have a photo? I did some very similar damage to a car over summer, luckily one of my neighbours has an unhealthy obsession with cars so he advised me on what to do.

Front wing needed to be replaced as dent was in an inconvenient place right above the wheel arch and couldn't be pulled out. He went to a garage/salvage yard and luckily a car with same model had come in written off earlier that day, picked up the part for a tenner. He's not a mechanic but useful with cars and it took him about an hour or two to fit. Went down to the manufacturer's garage and got them to mix up the exact paint colour and used it to paint the new part, think that was £15.

Regarding the scrapes he used a product, think it was a wax, but can't remember what it was called off the top of my head. Extremely helpful I know, sorry. Anyway on the body there were grey scratches where I'd taken paint off the body and green scratches where I'd taken paint off the metal drainpipe I bumped. This stuff sorted everything out in literally a minute, I'm going back home Friday so if you're still unsure I can try and find out what it was called on the weekend.