Could Feb to March define our season?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IrishJB

Could Feb to March define our season?

Post by IrishJB »

An absolutely cracking 2 months ahead for us Gooners:

Assuming we dispose of Coventry in the 4th round :-) we will [we hope] enter February still in with a chance of winning 3 trophies (of course only that small German club in the way of the CL! LOL), lets also hope for no slip up in the EPL at Southampton next Tuesday, leaving the next 2 months as follows:-

FA Cup
Round 5 (we hope) against whom ??? Surely we can't avoid a PREM LEAGUE team again? [15.2 or 16.2.14]
Q/F - If we've screwed up a bit in the PL, hope we still have this to look forward to? [8.3 or 9.3.14]

Champions League
Ret of BAYERN @The Emirates [Wed 19.2.14]- let's hope post 90 min, we're in a better position for 2nd leg than 2013 :-)
visit to MUNICH [Tue 11.3.14] -'Hell' Match 1 (of 4 in a row) play out a draw? (Old Arsenal) having won 1st leg to Zero?

Premier League
Begins with PALACE @The Emirates [Sun 2.2.14]- Surely routine, but tricky against 'Pulis' new Stoke

Then off to ANFIELD [Sat 8.2.14]- more daunting than last season, with diff being Suarez?, maybe he'll get sent off! lol

Then, let's pile on the misery for MAN UTD @The Emirates [Wed 12.2.14]- a win wld be bliss esp if RVP is back :-)

Poyet's BLACK CATS visit us on a high [Sat 22.2.14]- If all's gone OK with UTD & LIV games, then sbe OK, however....

Whatever sit we're in, visit to Hughes' STOKE [Sat 1.3.14] should be formality. Really don't rate the fella as a Mgr

SWANS visit us [Sat 8.3.14] -even Spurs are making mince meat of 'em. can Good mgr turn bad o'night? -No slip up here

'Hell' match 2 of 4 in a row - visit to THE LANE, hopefully the easier! [Sat 15.3.14]

Then, annual treck to THE BRIDGE [Sat 22.3.14] & full marks to all that go (it really is a SHXX HOLE] 'Hell' match 3 of 4

Final 'Hell' match of 4 in a row. PURSE STRINGS CITEH @The Emirates [Sat 29.3.14] bringing a testing 2 mnths to an end

Any thoughts where we'll be 31.3.2014 ?

arseofacrow

Re: Could Feb to March define our season?

Post by arseofacrow »

3rd

Out of the cups.

Andyou can take that lot to the bank

:D :barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Yes, it will define our season.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

IrishJB wrote:Any thoughts where we'll be 31.3.2014 ?
Either planning a BBQ, taking Prozac or planning where to stand by Islington Town Hall.

Sadly seeing how weve screwed up almost annually with a week of cup and league blow outs in recent years many of us fear the worst. I keep hoping it will be different this year :oops:

Certainly a good few months to look foreward to :D :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Out of the Be All and End All after round of 16

Almost inevtiable defeat in the 5th round of the FA Cup unless we really are lucky enough to get another home tie against someone from outside the top two divisions

3rd by mid-April, clinging to a slender lead over 4th and 5th place teams just so we can celebrate like crazy when the final whistle blows at Carrow Road in May

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Of course it will define our season... :roll: It does every season after Wenger fails to strengthen properly in both the previous summer and in January. :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The assumption that we will beat Coventry is baffling me !

I am told however that if we win all our games though we will win a trophy,3 of them in fact................................ amazing these stats people !

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Of course it will and I fear I won't need Mystic Fucking Meg's crystal ball to predict how it will be defined, but rather refer to any footballing records from the previous 8 fucking years.
1. Flappy and tinkering team selections to cost us in FA cup.
2. Mess up in plge by resting players in games in an attempt to retrieve clge tie against Bayern
3. Bayern too good.
4. Drop to 3rd or 4th, then just scrape through in the end for another virtual trophy win.
That said I hope I am wrong.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

goonersid wrote:Of course it will and I fear I won't need Mystic Fucking Meg's crystal ball to predict how it will be defined, but rather refer to any footballing records from the previous 8 fucking years.
1. Flappy and tinkering team selections to cost us in FA cup.
2. Mess up in plge by resting players in games in an attempt to retrieve clge tie against Bayern
3. Bayern too good.
4. Drop to 3rd or 4th, then just scrape through in the end for another virtual trophy win.
That said I hope I am wrong.
Somehow I don't think you will be too far from the truth..... :banghead: :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I only took a full look at our schedule over Feb/March/early April today. Knew it was bad but didn't realise it was so horrific, our season is going to absolutely implode without doubt. To put things into perspective these are our clustered fixtures:

08/02 - Liverpool (a)
12/02 - United (h)
15/02 or 16/02 - FAC 5th round
19/02 - Bayern (h)

Few games respite and then...

11/03 - Bayern (a)
15/03 - Spurs (a)
22/03 - Chelsea (a)
29/03 - City (h)
05/04 - Everton (a)

If we weren't going to get dicked by Bayern again we would then have CL quarters either side of the Everton game and if we haven't managed to sacrifice it by then the FA Cup semis would be the next game. Can anybody honestly look at those fixtures and feel confident given our squad and particularly striking options?

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

mourinho has to lose at the bridge sometime :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Dan_85 wrote:Yes, it will define our season.

FPMSL!!! shame its true :oops:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

markyp wrote:

are we the train or the vauxhall :rubchin: 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
markyp wrote:

are we the train or the vauxhall :rubchin: 8)

We are the passengers in the vauxhall.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:The assumption that we will beat Coventry is baffling me !

I am told however that if we win all our games though we will win a trophy,3 of them in fact................................ amazing these stats people !
Because losing in the 5th round is what we do. Its the traditional 'collapse in 3 competitions at once' celebration we have in February !

There's always the recovery in mid-April to season end to look forward to though where we show "exceptional character" to secure the VT !!