Bonsoir Mathieu Debuchy,Le Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topgoon

Bonsoir Mathieu Debuchy,Le Gooner

Post by topgoon »

Matt's a Gooner

markyp

Re: Bonsoir Mathieu Debuchy,Le Gooner

Post by markyp »

great,12m for a worse right back than Bacs :(

Danluvsafc

Post by Danluvsafc »

Shirt number 2 according to online shop!!. Secrets out Pravda.com!!

augie

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:great,12m for a worse right back than Bacs :(

Not as good as sagna in my eyes either - that being said, I have to accept that he is gone and for me debouchy is an ok replacement and is a better option than some that were suggested 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Danluvsafc wrote:Shirt number 2 according to online shop!!. Secrets out Pravda.com!!

If that means that diaby has fcuked off, then it will be viewed as a momentous day in the history of our club :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Lets give the fella a fair crack of the whip. I'm not overwhelmed on the evidence of what I saw from him last season but in fairness the Barcodes were sinking like a stone from Christmas onwards, so lets see what he's made of in a side that will be at the top end of the table

Could be worse - at 28 at least he should be somewhere around his peak. Proper U-turn from the days of signing 17 year old never-will-be's from the back of beyond

Danluvsafc

Post by Danluvsafc »

augie wrote:
Danluvsafc wrote:Shirt number 2 according to online shop!!. Secrets out Pravda.com!!

If that means that diaby has fcuked off, then it will be viewed as a momentous day in the history of our club :barscarf:
No such luck I'm afraid augie. The dickhead was relegated to shirt 24 last season. Worrying thing is that I keep seeing him in all the early pre season training pics. You'll soon be hearing people championing him like wengers sheep saying what a good player he is and how we've missed him. Yer!, like a whole in the head!!

MrT

Post by MrT »

augie wrote:

Not as good as sagna in my eyes either - that being said, I have to accept that he is gone and for me debouchy is an ok replacement and is a better option than some that were suggested 8)
He's faster, can cross, and can somewhat defend. How is that already not a massive improvement over lead legs Sagna?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:

Abou should be our rightful number 10 anyway......wasted in a RB shirt number !

10 to celebrate his tenth year next year would be a nice touch too

T.S

Post by T.S »

Seems a little harsh to call Diaby a "dickhead". Still, I expect no less from this forum these days.

Anyway, welcome Matt! If nothing else, I'm glad that our right back will be wearing a right back number again!

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Shocking signing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:

Wenger shops at Lidl yet a fukkin gain! :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Wenger shops at Lidl yet a fukkin gain! :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
At 12m for a right back, its hardly Lidl prices !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

Abou should be our rightful number 10 anyway......wasted in a RB shirt number !

10 to celebrate his tenth year on the treatment table next year would be a nice touch too
agree 1,000%

especially about the treatment table bit. :mrgreen:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:

At 12m for a right back, its hardly Lidl prices !
Precisely Old bean...Waitrose price for Lidl quality.