Top of the league!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Grant jones

Top of the league!

Post by Grant jones »

Just thought I'd chuck it our there, top of league longer than anyone else last season, could still end up top for the shortest time this season, last two weeks would work!!!!!

Henry Norris 1913

Re: Top of the league!

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

great post grant :lol:

i don't see it pal, chelsea grind out results. we are chasing fourth, even though it looks different on paper, the whole club is obsessed with fourth. until the summer when all our players will be doing interviews saying "we can win the league". rinse and repeat forever :(

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Yeh I know I'm being over optimistic ! But Truly think 2nd is now ours to chuck away!!!anyhow roll on next week

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Pah the poxy league title may be beyond us but if we can keep this form up for the rest of the year the Calendar Year Championship will surely be ours once more :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

One win closer and the pressure would be on Chelsea a bit more - not that I would fancy us from there still. Too much of a margin for error for them.

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Can't see Chelsea losing 4 games at all. Should just settle for 2nd place and an FA Cup.

Herd

Post by Herd »

What I can't understand is why people are surprised at the decline on Manchester City , with all the ex Arsenal players they have had its surely only a matter of time before they finish in 4th place!

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Herd wrote:What I can't understand is why people are surprised at the decline on Manchester City , with all the ex Arsenal players they have had its surely only a matter of time before they finish in 4th place!
Think of that one all on your own?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I can't see us beating chav$ki tbh. Moron-hio has the hoodoo over Wenger. I also think there's even less chance of the chav losing 4 games and us not losing a couple of silly ones... :|

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

DB10GOONER wrote:I can't see us beating chav$ki tbh. Moron-hio has the hoodoo over Wenger. I also think there's even less chance of the chav losing 4 games and us not losing a couple of silly ones... :|
To be honest if we don't beat Chelsea this time 'round Wenger will never best Mourinho; we are in great form and *touch wood* our entire squad should be available barring injury in these next two matches.

I think we'll finally do them, especially if Costa is out - also worth noting they play United prior to facing us, if they lose to the Mancs morale will be low and I reckon they'll shit themselves knowing if we beat them they'll be dragged in to a real fuck off title race.

Things could get messy.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Things could be about to get interesting but I'm not expecting us to overcome a 10 point deficit at this stage of the season. Having said that we have seen us lose a seemingly unassailable lead before now and we've also chased and overturned one. It can happen, but I would suggest the odds are strongly against it.

Would be nice if we could though :barscarf:

It's an interesting comment about being top of the league for the longest time last season though. Personally I don't give a shit if we are only top of the league for one week of the season, provided it is the last week.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Only 7 points difference, hope that's the case after our semifinal weekend. After that same games played, and I'd rather have Sunderland at home, who should be safe by the time we play them, as opposed to Leicester away who are still in with a fighting chance of survival. They have pulled off some abnormal results this season.

bunch

Post by bunch »

the gap from 2nd to 1st right now is the largest points gap in the whole division.

If Chelsea were to let it slip now it would be a choke of such proportions as to get all asphyxiophiliacs jizzing thier pants.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

bunch wrote:the gap from 2nd to 1st right now is the largest points gap in the whole division.

If Chelsea were to let it slip now it would be a choke of such proportions as to get all asphyxiophiliacs jizzing thier pants.
That'll be Spuddy the Dwarf sorted! :lol: :wink: