Lost membership cards

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BournemouthRED

Lost membership cards

Post by BournemouthRED »

After renting out my season ticket for a year, i still have use of two red memberships (mine and my dads) however i can't find the bloody cards :lol: :banghead:

Anyone had to get replacements? can i purchase tickets and then go the ground and get new ones or do i need to speak to the box office (which from past experience is never a fun prospect)

cheers :barscarf:
Last edited by BournemouthRED on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foxinthebox2001

Re: Lost membership cards

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

From memory I think you may get charged £10 per card for replacements.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:From memory I think you may get charged £10 per card for replacements.
so the club charges you £10 for a lost card just so that you can get another card which costs £30 a year just so that you have the chance to buy a ticket at the most expensive prices in european football :oops:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

My friend lost his silver card a couple of years back. He phoned the membership office and they replaced it free of charge with the proviso that it will be £10 to replace it again. He had to collect it from the box offic IIRC and show ID.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

BournemouthRED may have trouble with his ID though as hes even been on here trying to change it :lol: :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:From memory I think you may get charged £10 per card for replacements.
so the club charges you £10 for a lost card just so that you can get another card which costs £30 a year just so that you have the chance to buy a ticket at the most expensive prices in european football :oops:
Fucking hell is there anything we won't moan about :roll:

If you lose your card you pay for a new one, it's not the clubs fault you went and lost it and it costs to produce a new one

FFS this place :banghead:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Theoperator wrote:BournemouthRED may have trouble with his ID though as hes even been on here trying to change it :lol: :lol: :wink:
Im a very very confused young man, i don't even know who i am anymore. :lol:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

If you lose your card you pay for a new one, it's not the clubs fault you went and lost it and it costs to produce a new one

Hear hear :!:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Robin_L wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

From memory it costs a fiver to replace an oyster card. Given the similar technology, heaven forbid Arsenal trying to make a profit on the deal.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Robin_L wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

From memory it costs a fiver to replace an oyster card. Given the similar technology, heaven forbid Arsenal trying to make a profit on the deal.
A few years back, maybe 5, I was posted a paper ticket I bought online. Got to the Emirates, went to my pocket but no ticket, rang the missus and she confirmed it was at home on the table.
Went to the ticket office, the one up the steps, confirmed my name, address, email and password, they were happy to print me out another for (you guessed it) £10 pounds, So the £40 seat became £50.
Our club are number one at knowing when they have you by the short and curlies, and are never shy at making a buck.
The bizarre thing was the turnstyle I needed was directly opposite the ticket office, I could have waved at the chap who gladly snapped up my tenner as I passed through.
In truth he could have written down my seat number on a scrap of paper and asked a steward to allow me through the gate.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:A few years back, maybe 5, I was posted a paper ticket I bought online. Got to the Emirates, went to my pocket but no ticket, rang the missus and she confirmed it was at home on the table.
Went to the ticket office, the one up the steps, confirmed my name, address, email and password, they were happy to print me out another for (you guessed it) £10 pounds, So the £40 seat became £50.
Our club are number one at knowing when they have you by the short and curlies, and are never shy at making a buck.
The bizarre thing was the turnstyle I needed was directly opposite the ticket office, I could have waved at the chap who gladly snapped up my tenner as I passed through.
In truth he could have written down my seat number on a scrap of paper and asked a steward to allow me through the gate.
Chelsea at home a few years back, Monday night game. Somewhere between leaving my desk at work and exiting the tube at Holloway Road I lost my membership card. Went to the box office in the naive hope that it would be no problem, quick & easy to simply print me out a paper ticket or a new card...

Well they printed me a paper ticket but fuck me was it hard work. I got the 3rd degree from some middle management woman with a walkie talkie, giving me a proper talking to like a naughty schoolboy in the Headteacher's office or something. They acted like me being there was a huge massive inconvenience to the club that could result in the game being postponed. Telling me how this wasn't acceptable and I should have called ahead to warn them. Kinda hard to do that when I only noticed it was missing 10 mins ago. Wankers.

:banghead:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Just to balance things a bit, I mentioned earlier that my friend lost his silver card. He discovered he'd lost it when we were going to a game booked on my membership. He picked it up on the night. Unknown to us he had inadvertently cancelled our whole booking so when I arrived my card wouldn't let me in and the jobsworth steward wouldn't open a gate for me so I had to trek off to the box office. There was quite a queue but I eventually got to the window and they immediately printed me a paper ticket. I had however missed a lot of the first half so I emailed the club the following day to complain about my booking being cancelled. I had a very apologetic email back coupled with tickets to a league cup game against Liverpool. OK they were only ten quid tickets but it was a decent gesture IMO.