Ballon D'Or team XI

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Ballon D'Or team XI

Post by Nos89 »

In the words of Catherine Tate's gran character.."What a load of shit!"

No one from the premier league, no English women's players and the best eleven players are mainly playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona. Its so bias its a joke. Sanchez no where near it but Modric is one of the best eleven players in the world. Its a farce and a joke. Pointless exercise...waste of money and its sordidly full of slimey football politics.

GranadaJoe

Re: Ballon D'Or team XI

Post by GranadaJoe »

It's the problem with an uninformed democracy.

The captain of Tonga and the coach of Laos get the same vote as everyone else,. I wonder how much they know other than what they read or occasionally see on TV.

Sergio Ramos has been playing at CB and has, for the most part, been pants, but he is the captain of Madrid.

And Marcelo has lots of hair, so that clearly makes him better than Phillp Lahm.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Whilst it is ridiculous that fanboy players and managers from Tonga can vote for this (probably on their iPhones with Ronaldo wallpaper) and it is a crime against humanity that Modric is even mentioned in the same sentence as the words "best eleven players in the world", at least the right man won it. The very thought of the prancing diving cheating step-over queen Ladyboy Fake-Ronaldo winning it made vomit appear in my mouth.

Messi is the best player in the world. No doubt. No argument. 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

why are you dissapointed to not see any of the England ladies players in the ballon dor? It's a vote for the best footballers in the world, not the third best women's footballers.

You having a bubble? :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:why are you dissapointed to not see any of the England ladies players in the ballon dor? It's a vote for the best footballers in the world, not the third best women's footballers.

Don't the chicks have their own award? The Golden Ironing Board or the Platinum Tea Towel or something. :rubchin:

:-P :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

"Basil's gonna get ya. Basil's gonna get ya." :box: :box: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:why are you dissapointed to not see any of the England ladies players in the ballon dor? It's a vote for the best footballers in the world, not the third best women's footballers.

The women came third and Chlesea women won their champions league and not a single player made the top 11 women players. Look at the list all nomination play in USA or Japan. Putting it simply as long as a player male or female plays for an English club wont make the final cut for the award.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I blame Wenger

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Kevin Kilbane, fuckwit that he is, going on about the ridiculous nature of the voting...and then going on to reveal that he voted for Shay Given, Robbie Keane and.........

...Richard Dunne :coffeespit: in the team of the year.

:lol: :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Don't the chicks have their own award? The Golden Ironing Board or the Platinum Tea Towel or something. :rubchin:

:-P :wink:
The Crimson Tampon! :barscarf:

It's a monthly thing and they're all a winner! :wink: :-P

In other news Diaby won an award too.....the Iron Lung. :oops:

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

You seem surprised for some reason.

Obviously Messi and Ronaldo are quality players, but the rest? :?

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Just the same dull old names.

Iniesta!!!!! the bloke hasn't done fuck all for 5 years. Neuer is top keeper but i think De Gea was much better last season.

can't argue with Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo. But shameful no Bale, Sanchez, Aquero, Vidal or Suarez.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

These type of awards have always been the same. In 25 years the World Player of the Year has only ever gone to somebody from Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Inter or Milan - with the exception of when Ronaldo scored 3,589 goals in 2008 to take United to the PL and CL.

English football is struggling in relative terms now but it's always been tremendously unfashionable in the modern game - you'd never guess the Premier League dominated the CL from 2005-2012.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

northbank123 wrote:English football is struggling in relative terms now but it's always been tremendously unfashionable in the modern game - you'd never guess the Premier League dominated the CL from 2005-2012.
In comparison to what you have to do to get the Ballon D'Or (in Messi's case just score more goals than anyone else in Spain) it makes you wonder why Henry never won it.

Doubt it, personally.