Thierry Henry..Calling Thierry Henry..Come in Thierry Henry

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
dtjenkins

Thierry Henry..Calling Thierry Henry..Come in Thierry Henry

Post by dtjenkins »

Some people need to stop looking through rose tinted specs and look at the the facts. We play worse we Henry in the team. What is the guy on? His mind is not with Arsenal and I'm very sure he will go in the summer. The guy has been a legend for us but it seems he has aged overnight.

Maybe he will get back to his sparkling best but I just think something is not right. Take the captaincy off him, put him on the bench because we play better without him and tell him to stop dragging everyone else down with him.

Is it just me or do the other players seem to be fed up with him? Maybe his untouchable attitude is rubbing people up the wrong way. We play, look and feel a much better team without him.

Cue the critics!

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I hope you're wrong, but...TH is an enigma. Maybe he feels upstaged by the kids? Hates not being centre of attraction. Certainly way off the pace last night. :(

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a qualified physiotherapist and sports scientist I think you are talking shit mate! Henry has been out for several weeks. He gets fit but obviously not match fit. In your opinion he continues to play every game because thats what he needs? You haven't got a clue. He needs to build up slowly otherwise he will break down again [posted by dtjenkins]

Still think he doesnt need games Mr proffessor??
No, let him rest, not get sharp, cant build him up too soon!!!
LOAD OF BALLACKS!!!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

HENRY HAS LOST HIS GREATEST ASSET SINCE THE WORLD CUP-HIS PACE. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HE ROASTED A FULL BACK. WILL HIS PACE COME BACK? IF NOT I DONT THINK HE CAN PLAY AS AN OUT AND OUT STRIKER.
HE IS STILL A GREAT PLAYER BUT NOT THE PLAYER WHO WAS UP THERE WITH RONALDINHO WHO CAN CHANGE THE COURSE OF A GAME IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE
MAYBE WENGER CAN CONVERT IN INTO A BERGKAMP TYPE PLAYER PLAYER BEHIND A MAIN STRIKER.

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

elpelsarmy wrote:Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a qualified physiotherapist and sports scientist I think you are talking shit mate! Henry has been out for several weeks. He gets fit but obviously not match fit. In your opinion he continues to play every game because thats what he needs? You haven't got a clue. He needs to build up slowly otherwise he will break down again [posted by dtjenkins]

Still think he doesnt need games Mr proffessor??
No, let him rest, not get sharp, cant build him up too soon!!!
LOAD OF BALLACKS!!!
His game is suffering not due to injury. His mind is elsehwere. Please don't reply agin you're boring mate!

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

And the more games he plays it seems the more we will lose and draw!

banjoboy

Post by banjoboy »

i have to agree that at the moment it does look like we are a better team without TH. he's not on his game, he is not capataining the side at all from what i can see. the players seem to look as thought they feel they have to pass to him and it doesn't help with his attitude to some of the players. when he doesn't play the others players seem more relaxed and up for it.

adebayour looks a different player when he doesn't play with henry. he seems to take more responsibility and the same can be said for most of them.

i am not saying that we should ditch henry but if he's not playing well he should be left out.

some of our best results this season have come when he was out of the side due to injury so we certainly don't rely on him as much as we used to.
if RVP wasn't injured wenger may of been more inclined to drop/rest him but these are the 2 players most likely to score.

we know he needs games but if it's effecting the teams result then what comes 1st?

i know my answer