Sunday’s Cup Final line up? (Feb 23)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Sunday’s Cup Final line up? (Feb 23)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... anyone think the line up will be any different? will cesc start? what about the subs? have we really a cat in hell's chance?

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

My team would be
Almunia
Hoyte Gallas Toure Clichy

Lungberg Denilson Fabregas Rosicky

Baptista Adebayor

Subs Poom Senderos Walcott Helb Aliadere

I would play Adebayor as i feel without Terry Chelski will be weak in the centre of defence,and i think Adebayor has a more physical presence than Aliadiere

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I mostly agree with the eds' team but Id have Clichy instead on Troare if he's fit. Troare has done very well but I do love to see Clichy bombing forward. Also on the Arsenal website it says Hoyte is to have a fitness test too so if he fails to make it then step up Mr Flamini . I'd also put Rosicky in.

So
ALMUNIA

HOYTE (FLAMINI) TOURE DJOROU CLICHY (TROARE)

WALCOTT DENILSON FABREGAS ROSICKY

ALIDIERE BAPTISTA

Subs POOM , SENDEROS, ADEBAYOR, DIABY ,FLAMINI /TROARE

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

I think the most important piece of team news could be that terry is out for the Chavs :D I personally would start with Addy now terry's not playing, as the Chavs without him are less likely to deal with crosses and if we can pick up the second ball, you never know. C'MON U GUNNERS...

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

As long as Henry doesn't play I don't care!

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

Lehman

Eboue Toure Gallas Clichy

Rosicky Gilberto Fabrigas Denilson Hleb

Adebayor 4-5-1 if Chelsea go 4-5-1

or Aliadiere instead of Hleb if we go 4-4-2 if Chelsea go 4-4-2

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

dtjenkins, Lehman is suspended for the final, will definately be Almunia in goal and Poom on the bench.

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

Wayno wrote:dtjenkins, Lehman is suspended for the final, will definately be Almunia in goal and Poom on the bench.
:oops: DOH!!!!!!

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Another Doh!! Gallas wont be playing either.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Wayno wrote:Another Doh!! Gallas wont be playing either.
Wayno, do you know Arsene, has he told you that Willy won't be playing?? Or did you just read the Sun like the rest of us!. Fair enough, Willy won't play as long as the rest are free from injury, but to say someone's stupid for suggesting it.........what are you..the kit man!!. Lehmann is not playing as he's suspended..fair enough, but Willy will/won't be playing at the manager's discretion. Unless you are Le Boss, then don't be so f###ing STUPID!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Goonermc, no I am not the kit man, but I did hear Wenger say on national television that unless a player had already appeared for Arsenal in the Carling Cup this season then they would not get picked for the final. Who did I call stupid? You are the only person calling fellow gooners STUPID. dtjenkins used Doh as a response to my message and I used it in my reply, if you have a problem with that then learn to live with it.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

This was taken from the Arsenal.com website
Wenger will keep faith with the side that has taken him to Cardiff. William Gallas, Thierry Henry and Freddie Ljungberg are omitted. Jens Lehmann (suspended) and Robin van Persie (foot) would not have played either as they had not featured in the earlier rounds of the competition.
I had better get a bigger washing machine as it looks like I might be the kit man after all :lol:

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

I would like to see:

Almunia

Hoyte Djourou Toure Traore

Rosicky Cesc Denilson Hleb

Aliadiere Adebayor

But I feel Arsene will go for:

Almunia

Hoyte Senderos Toure Traore

Diaby Flamini Fabregas Walcott

Beast Aliadiere

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Cesc I hope you are right and Djourou gets the nod ahead of Senderos, as big Phil hasn't the best record against Drogba,

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Yes, Johan is a great player however Senderos is too inconsistent.

...And for the Drogba thing, I'm trying to forget that Community Shield.