Has anyone heard we are signing Samuel Etu???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Romana

Has anyone heard we are signing Samuel Etu???

Post by Romana »

Apparently we have signed Samuel Etu for 20 mill, has anyone else heard this coz i cannot find anything anywhere that supports it?

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

It was in the red tops so don't get too carried away. Arsene doesn't spend big too often and with the team he is building there would be a lot of competition for places. Besides Chelski can run the rule over the transfer market therefore it is uinlikly that we can sign a big name player any time soon.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

i wouldnt mind seeing him at the grove, a swap for thierry probs :shock:

Romana

Post by Romana »

Yes my thoughts exactly, would be a good swap as it looks like Thierry dosen't want to play anymore. I wouldn't want to see him go though just get some of his spirit back.
Last edited by Romana on Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

now that he dont wanna play...more he just dont look the same man as he has been over the past 3-4 years

tenementfunster5

Been saying for a few years now that Eto'o is class. I'd take him over Ronaldinho any day.

Romana

Post by Romana »

Apparenty the reason Etu wants to go is because of Ronhildino. When we played Barcelona he was the one that caused us all the problems. Ronhildino might as well have not have been there, and he was poor in the World Cup as well

tenementfunster5

Didn't turn up for the champions league. Besides he's just a show pony (big statement i know)

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

Eto swap for henry? Thanks, but no thanks. Henry is special and we need him in our team!

Romana

Post by Romana »

we_are_the_arsenal wrote:Eto swap for henry? Thanks, but no thanks. Henry is special and we need him in our team!
We need him when his heart is in it and he at the minute its not

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

Romana wrote:
we_are_the_arsenal wrote:Eto swap for henry? Thanks, but no thanks. Henry is special and we need him in our team!
We need him when his heart is in it and he at the minute its not
What makes you think his heart is not in it? I think the way he reacted when theo scored that wonderful goal shows he still loves arsenal and wants the team to do well. He has scored some cruial goals for us this season when he has come back from his injury. And as far as his more recent appearances, he said himself that his ankle is not 100% but is willing to play in discomfort for the benefit of the team.

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

If we did bid as much as £20m, Chelsea would go to £30m. With RVP, Adabadboy, Walcott in support of Henry and the likes of Aliadierre and Bendter also in the fray, I can't see why Wenger would buy Eto'o? Coul;d only see the logic if he let Henry go and I don't think he will and don't think he should.

Henry is in poor form right now by his own standards but we've been there before and he'll be back on it soon............. I hope!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Well said Trevheff Why are so many fans writing off Henry? He had a back injury he was never going to back to his best this season. He needs a long break this summer with no internationals for France

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

Those people who say Henry's heart isnt in the team are thse same people who have probably never played football. Which player do you know that has been at the very top of his game and form every season is his career??? Do you know how much of a tiring season Henry had last year??????

The Confederations Cup!!! The Premier League!!! Getting all the way to the Champions League final and THEN playing in the World Cup!! Give the man a break and have some loyalty.

Did he look as if his heart wasnt in the team when he had a go at Kirkland the other week for timewasting??

Infact its the same people who have never played football that say Henry was aparently not being a good rolemodel when he took the piss out of Kirkland.

Romana

Post by Romana »

Trevheff wrote:If we did bid as much as £20m, Chelsea would go to £30m. With RVP, Adabadboy, Walcott in support of Henry and the likes of Aliadierre and Bendter also in the fray, I can't see why Wenger would buy Eto'o? Coul;d only see the logic if he let Henry go and I don't think he will and don't think he should.

Henry is in poor form right now by his own standards but we've been there before and he'll be back on it soon............. I hope!
I don't know how true this is i only heard it from someone else and wanted to see if anyone else had heard it as well. Chelsea are supposed to have bid 50m for him but he's said he dosen't want to go there