2,600 tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Catweazle

2,600 tickets

Post by Catweazle »

thats all we are gettin for Liverpool away!

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

2599 when ive got mine!!! cant wait. Never been to anfield.

redarmy7

Post by redarmy7 »

the_gooner89 wrote:2599 when ive got mine!!! cant wait. Never been to anfield.
good luck, you aint missing much, just watch your back and wear a vest, and not the string type :wink: :wink:

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

Ive heard its a shit hole. What you mean wear a vest?

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

2,600? Thats a fucking joke! We'll when they come to the grove then they should get an equally shit allocation. But no doubt we'll give them about 6,000.

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

Im sure we get more like 3000 for premier league games. Am i right in saying that on Champs league night the capaticty is always lower i remember at highbury in the north bank they covered a few rows didnt they, will this be the same at anfield ?

redarmy7

Post by redarmy7 »

the_gooner89 wrote:Ive heard its a shit hole. What you mean wear a vest?
it actually hasn't been that bad the last couple of years i've been,old bill have done a pretty good job, but then there's more rivalry with united, one year at half time the dirty bastards chucked piss and shit at us, so on 2nd thoughts don't worry about the vest (stab proof) and take a shower cap instead

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

I see, sounds fun, coming out covered in blood and piss. could use the phrase "pissing blood". I doubt there that bad, there friendly fuckers. I know a liverpudlian and she tells me there alright but then again thats at the liverpool derby where they sit together. oh well ill be there whatever!!!

tenementfunster5

Im sure we get more like 3000 for premier league games. Am i right in saying that on Champs league night the capaticty is always lower i remember at highbury in the north bank they covered a few rows didnt they, will this be the same at anfield ?
Wasn't that an issue with the height of the Ad hoardings at Highbury being too big. At the Grove there is none of that so its not specific to the comp to have a lower attendance. Even if that is the case 2,600 for a champions league quarter final is shit!

redarmy7

Post by redarmy7 »

tenementfunster5 wrote:
Wasn't that an issue with the height of the Ad hoardings at Highbury being too big. At the Grove there is none of that so its not specific to the comp to have a lower attendance. Even if that is the case 2,600 for a champions league quarter final is shit!
from my understandings, the advertising boards have to a certain size in europe, which are bigger than the norm. therefore the first row or 2 are unable to see, which is why they put the netting on

tenementfunster5

tenementfunster5 wrote:
Quote:

from my understandings, the advertising boards have to a certain size in europe, which are bigger than the norm. therefore the first row or 2 are unable to see, which is why they put the netting on
But does this happen at Anfield?

the_gooner89

Post by the_gooner89 »

Ah i see that explains it then, why not sit the tal peole at the front row :lol: . If it happens at highbury it must happen at anfield as it sort of the same layout really. Close to the pitch ad that.

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

Yes, they must be a certain height for the TV advertisers. I suggested the 3D pitch logos for Highbury but you can tell it fell on stony ground. And yes 2600 is pathetic but at least, unlike OT, I think we'll make a game of it. Or maybe we'll settle it in the home leg? :twisted:

EL-Z

Post by EL-Z »

What a shit allocation when you think my local boys got 6000 for their cup tie. i'l be getting my ticket woohoo. ive been there a few times with arsenal and ive always had a great time and the fans have been fairly sound with me. and that was after we thrashed them twice in 3 days lol