Same Old Story!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
dtjenkins

Same Old Story!!!

Post by dtjenkins »

Outplay an average side, have chances to win two games and then get caught again by a late sucker punch! Seems like the story of our team over the years.

Maybe this season of bitter disappointment within 2 weeks is some way of letting us know why we support out team and then next year and many seasons to come our young team dominate British and European football....I hope so anyway!

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

we were the much better side and should of wrapped it up in the 1st half, but same old same old, we try gettin the perfect goal, and try running it intp the net.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

yes its been a bad couple of weeks but remember the 49ers,the unbeaten season,the two doubles and of course the CL final.And the wonderful football. We have been very lucky to have had all that.For every high there has to be lows.Keep the faith Arsene Knows

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

Spot on Donaldo. Unlike the plastic manc glory hunters, Gooners don't think we've got a god given right to win every competition we enter. Yes it's crushing when we lose, but there have been some notable highs this season: doing the double over Man Ure, the games against Spuds and seeing the potential of the kids we've got coming through in the Carling Cup run. Oh and playing Chav$ki off the park in the final as well.

Truth is we've been spoilt for the last 10 years. We've got used to success and fantastic football. Anyone remember the dark days of Don Howe?

What we need to do now is ensure we beat the Scousers for 3rd place in the league and get everyone fit an raring to go for the start of next season. Fortunately there's no major tournament this summer.

Gooner_mojo

Post by Gooner_mojo »

Well said. We have to remain patient. I know it's hard, we want success, but our time WILL come.

Last season, we got outmuscled in games we lost and outplayed.

This season with apart from 2, we have outplayed the opposition in every defeat we've had. We are losing but still being the better side.

So next season if we get it right, we will be winning these games whilst playing our magnificent football. The team will learn so much from these past 2 weeks, and will be back with a bang!

Keep the Faith.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Exhiled in notts hit the nail on the head.We have been Spoilt. I have been a gooner for 37years and when i first started going to Highbury i never ever dreamed we would see world class superstars in a red and white shirt.The Johnnycome latelys are not happy unless we beat teams 5-0 every week and win the league by 20points.Anyone who watched Arsenal in the mid 70s and early 80s knows the football we are watching now is like we have died and gone to heaven.

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

Oh the days of Don Howe and the early/mid eighties!

That is when you know who loves Arsenal and who doesn't!

God they were dark days!

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

donaldo wrote:yes its been a bad couple of weeks but remember the 49ers,the unbeaten season,the two doubles and of course the CL final.And the wonderful football. We have been very lucky to have had all that.For every high there has to be lows.Keep the faith Arsene Knows
:lol:

This post startled me when I came across it! Just goes to show the current AKB everyone wasnt always negative!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Donny was an AKB!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

:shock: :shock:

Bloody hell, next you'll find a similar post from Goonersid!! :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Just found the below quote :shock: :shock: :shock:
goonersid wrote:If you dont like what Arsene is doing fuck off and support the Chavs :evil: :evil: :evil: HE fucking knows

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

flash gunner wrote:Just found the below quote :shock: :shock: :shock:
goonersid wrote:If you dont like what Arsene is doing fuck off and support the Chavs :evil: :evil: :evil: HE fucking knows
I didn't fucking write that. :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:
You did 21st May 2010 8)

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

When was that from Flash?? 1998?? :? :lol: :wink:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

goonersid wrote:

I feel dirty and cheated.

Sid along with Augie was one of my mentors

Very disappointed

Dirty I tell you!!!!!!
:wink: