Arsenal v Palace H 16.00 Sunday 17th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Peeman

Re: Arsenal v Palace H 16.00 Sunday 17th

Post by Peeman »

Was at the game yesterday and there was a few trying to get a Kroenke out song going :roll:

Talking to people before and after the game I got a 50/50 on Whinger in or out. I still got the following ditties though :

Who would u replace him with
He should move up stairs
There was no one available to buy in January

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I seriously think Wenger would consider his position if enough supporters chanted Wenger Out and held banners at the Emirates.

maybe our fanbase has the manager it deserves.

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Is there anything left to say about this manager and this team?

All I will say is that it was the biggest 2 fingers up to the fans yet when he made the 3 substitutions because from where I was sitting the consensus view was that Elneny, Iwobi and Welbeck had probably been the 3 most effective players out there
Why bother naming more than 3 subs? They were the players he was always going to bring in whatever and in an impressive show of consistency they all pu In the same sort of performance they have for the last 2-4 years.

Turned down a freebie and whilst I couldn't avoid watching our lot saunter around for the first 45 I had a far more pleasant second 45 on the Northern and Piccadilly lines.

Managed to catch the very end and see Palace nearly win it after Ramsey and Coquelin showed zero nous to not bring their player down and Koscielny then pussyfooted in. This after His Lord and Saviour Francis Coquelin masterfully showed the bloke inside and got skinned all ends up for the goal. Like all of our youngsters the guy has barely lasted a year before starting to regress. You could see from first minute yesterday that he doesn't see Palace at home worthy enough of playing his defensive role as he was bombing forward at every opportunity. He's just not willing to do the dirty work when it doesn't suit him and he is looking every bit the player he is - an average midfielder who wouldn't get a look-in at a club serious about winning the title who had somebody other than Arteta and Flamini for competition.

That has been my point all season when others have been going into *****-a-thon mode over him - coquelin is far and away the best DM option that we have, but the reality is that he is still nowhere near good enough to play at the highest level and was playing with Charlton for good reasons
I think there is a few of our players that have got praise this season you could say that about.

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

I've never been as disinterested in an arsenal game as i was yesterday, no atmosphere from the fans no passion from the players. Really hope we finish out of the top 4 as that would be the final nail in wengers coffin as manager. All the crap about being in the champions league to get players in has done well for us over the last 5 years aint it.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Went to a game yesterday afternoon and couldn't be bothered to go to the pub afterwards to watch the Arsenal game. The game sounds like a familiar story though.

Would be quite happy not to qualify for the Champions League. The Europa League is more our level and a competition in which we could compete.

:barscarf:

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

NickF wrote:If anyone is serious about doing a protest, I have a banner on order which I'm hoping to bring into the stadium (north lower) on Thursday provided it arrives on time.
pm me - interested with a few others (Block 6)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's the lame inevitability and turgid predictability of it all that is killing me. Wenger hasn't got a scooby. He took off three players that were all playing well and helping us push at the oppo and brought on three players in the worst form of their careers. Again. :roll:

Iwobi and Elneny were very tidy on the ball and looking to get it and themselves forward. On comes Feo and Rambo and Rambo's first couple of touches are attempted flicks that went aresways. Feo's first contribution is to get running on the end of a sweet pass out of defence, but as he got closer to the two oppo players facing him you could almost see his brain shutting down until he literally ran into them and fell over. Any attacking threat we had died with the substitutions.

Welbeck's touch was often terrible yesterday tbh, but he was constantly showing for passes, constantly working. Whatever the fuck has gone snap in Giroud's head he just doesn't work as hard as he used to anymore. His touch is off and his finishing (never world class to start with) has gone and instead of working to try and create something he is standing waiting for the ball to feet.

Just so sick of it. :|

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

NickF wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote:
NickF wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote: what block you in ? I'm in 8
Block 6
post on here if you have the banner
Have ordered one will get to the last game (home) cannot afford any before then. :oops: :barscarf:
I ordered mine last Thursday on 3-4 day delivery so hoping it will arrive before Thursdays game.
I will probably post on the WBA match thread when it arrives.

If you haven't guessed, it will be the same as my avatar.
Also block 6 - happy to help - just PM - or anyone else with a banner...