Manure A Sun May 12th KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Manure A Sun May 12th KO 430pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Skooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:23 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:14 pm
Skooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:03 pm
I’ve not posted on here for a long time but this place makes me laugh, today was tough but we’ve gone to the last game of season for the title with a really high points total. If this chat existed in 89 everyone would’ve been calling for George to be sacked. Draw at home to Wimbledon, lose to Derby, disgraceful! This is the comfortably the best team we’ve had in 20 years and Arteta and Alonso are the two coaches that any club would want long term. If you can’t enjoy this team then so be it, you literally can’t enjoy it unless we win the title
Very simplistic viewpoint. I absolutely love this team and manger and agree it’s incredible we’ve brought it to the final day against less face it a bunch of cheats.

However that doesn’t mean everyone’s free from criticism. So many players today were really really poor. At no point when we were slogging it out did someone stand up, grab the game by the throat, say fuck this and drive us on.

Instead we lost possession time and time and time again. For me, when that many players perform so poorly they deserve to be called out on it. We had the full week to prepare for it, fuck me imagine what we’d have been like if we’d a European semi midweek, and we were off the pace against a horrendous united tema for the majority.

Delighted with the result and where it leaves us but concerned that the bulk of the team were miles off the required level today.
I’m not saying there no criticism to be had. But no team is perfect and there a rose tinted glasses about teams of the past (which I suspect will be applied to this team as well). This is a seriously good team, who get results even when they don’t play well.

I genuinely think we’re set up to challenge for years to come and you have people on here who just think a high percentage of the players aren’t up to standard. This team is good! And good enough to challenge for titles

You’re right, I don’t think the following are up to standard:

Zinchenko
Ramsdale
Jesus
Nketiah
Partey
Nelson
Vieira
ElNeney
Cedric

Looking at some of the other players in the squad: Saka is a very inconsistent player who seemly gets a huge pass from people. White is quite inconsistent. Tomiyasu is a squad player. Raya has a mistake in him.

We have a good core, yes, but a ‘high percentage’ of the squad should be upgraded. Especially from a ‘bench’ point of view.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

augie wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:33 pm
Skooner wrote:
I’ve not posted on here for a long time but this place makes me laugh, today was tough but we’ve gone to the last game of season for the title with a really high points total. If this chat existed in 89 everyone would’ve been calling for George to be sacked. Draw at home to Wimbledon, lose to Derby, disgraceful! This is the comfortably the best team we’ve had in 20 years and Arteta and Alonso are the two coaches that any club would want long term. If you can’t enjoy this team then so be it, you literally can’t enjoy it unless we win the title

Ok a few quick responses to that -

1. I support AFC above all else - that means my loyalty is to the club more than individual players or managers, but some cant seem to tell the difference.

2. The french cock got years of backing after his shelf life had expired and that was because of the trophies he brought to the club - the cone boy has brought one fa cup that he won with an inherited squad, and neither he nor the majority of these players have shown that they have the requisite balls required to stand up and be counted when it matters most. At what stage does it become acceptable to you to hold players and/or manager accountable ?

3. GG took over a club going nowhere and won a league club in his first season in charge - he changed the culture of the club with a paupers budget because he instilled a hard working ethic that the fans appreciated and got behind. He would not have tolerated the lack of effort we seen from some players today, and if you dont appreciate that then you dont know your history. He wasnt afraid to get shot of crowd favourites cos he appreciated that the team is the priority above individual players, so no the crowd wouldnt have been calling for him to be sacked. GG got his pants pulled down tactically by benfica and learned his lesson from that - the cone boy is learning absolutely nothing and his in game management is non league level
So cards on the table, as I said I haven’t posted here for a long time but the posters I remember most are you and DB10 as I very much agreed with you on Wenger. I would’ve had him gone in about 2009/10ish.

I completely respect your opinion on the state of the club but I just can’t agree today. You call a manager who will likely get 89 points another managers cone boy, it seems ridiculous to me.

I grew up with Graham, I got my season ticket in 88. He was tenacious and ruthless. I’d use those same words for Arteta. When he took over, the club was rotten to the core. He persuaded the top brass to pay off the two biggest earners for the sake of culture. In todays world this is exactly what Graham would’ve done.

The bar is higher now than it was when George was in charge, the players are less relatable but this is a serious team with a serious manager. I’ll be there for Everton next week and applaud these guys, their standards are high and in another era they’d win shit loads

augie

Post by augie »

Skooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 pm
augie wrote:
Skooner wrote:

1. I support AFC above all else - that means my loyalty is to the club more than individual players or managers, but some cant seem to tell the difference.

2. The french cock got years of backing after his shelf life had expired and that was because of the trophies he brought to the club - the cone boy has brought one fa cup that he won with an inherited squad, and neither he nor the majority of these players have shown that they have the requisite balls required to stand up and be counted when it matters most. At what stage does it become acceptable to you to hold players and/or manager accountable ?

3. GG took over a club going nowhere and won a league club in his first season in charge - he changed the culture of the club with a paupers budget because he instilled a hard working ethic that the fans appreciated and got behind. He would not have tolerated the lack of effort we seen from some players today, and if you dont appreciate that then you dont know your history. He wasnt afraid to get shot of crowd favourites cos he appreciated that the team is the priority above individual players, so no the crowd wouldnt have been calling for him to be sacked. GG got his pants pulled down tactically by benfica and learned his lesson from that - the cone boy is learning absolutely nothing and his in game management is non league level
So cards on the table, as I said I haven’t posted here for a long time but the posters I remember most are you and DB10 as I very much agreed with you on Wenger. I would’ve had him gone in about 2009/10ish.

I completely respect your opinion on the state of the club but I just can’t agree today. You call a manager who will likely get 89 points another managers cone boy, it seems ridiculous to me.

I grew up with Graham, I got my season ticket in 88. He was tenacious and ruthless. I’d use those same words for Arteta. When he took over, the club was rotten to the core. He persuaded the top brass to pay off the two biggest earners for the sake of culture. In todays world this is exactly what Graham would’ve done.

The bar is higher now than it was when George was in charge, the players are less relatable but this is a serious team with a serious manager. I’ll be there for Everton next week and applaud these guys, their standards are high and in another era they’d win shit loads

Would this team beat any of wenger's title winning teams ? Not a fcuking chance.

You say that the bar is higher now and that is a theme I see many fans claiming to be true, but tell me can you ever remember a worse trio of clubs promoted in a season than sheffield utd, burnley and luton ? Years ago it was viewed that clubs needed to get to the 40 points mark to avoid relegation, but right now there are 4 clubs that havent even got 30 pts :shock: :shock: Is that not an indicator of how the standards are dropping in the league ?? You dont need to be mystic meg to already predict that ipswich's stay in the premier league will be another brief one, and of the teams in the play offs at the mo, leeds are the only one's I would give any slim chance of surviving for a second season.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

augie wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:05 pm
Skooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 pm
augie wrote:
Skooner wrote:

Would this team beat any of wenger's title winning teams ? Not a fcuking chance.

You say that the bar is higher now and that is a theme I see many fans claiming to be true, but tell me can you ever remember a worse trio of clubs promoted in a season than sheffield utd, burnley and luton ? Years ago it was viewed that clubs needed to get to the 40 points mark to avoid relegation, but right now there are 4 clubs that havent even got 30 pts :shock: :shock: Is that not an indicator of how the standards are dropping in the league ?? You dont need to be mystic meg to already predict that ipswich's stay in the premier league will be another brief one, and of the teams in the play offs at the mo, leeds are the only one's I would give any slim chance of surviving for a second season.
I guess this is where we disagree then. The gap is widening which is why the promoted clubs are more likely to go back down and the clubs at the top might get more points but in my opinion this team would absolutely give the invincible a game. They might not be as technically as gifted but I think they are more savvy because of Arteta.

Who would you want to appoint if Arteta left? Apart from Pep and Klopp who else do you think would do better?

I just think it’s a fun time to be an arsenal fan. Pre Covid I was very depressed about the club, now I can’t wait to see how we do (obligatory nervous sickness during game)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Wenger’s teams bottled plenty. That side NEVER retained the League. Blew a couple of titles against Leeds. Blew the Champions League v Chelsea. UEFA Cup vs Galatassary. Champions League was there to be won and Henry bottled chance after chance. This side is up there with those sides. I don’t see them that far behind. Honestly I don’t. The League in those days was full of absolute dross. The standard is far higher now.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I like this team with the exceptions of:-

Zinchenko
Ramsdale
Jesus
Nketiah
Partey
Nelson
Vieira
ElNeney
Cedric

I also like Arteta (for the long term)

On the whole I've enjoyed watching us this season and am looking forward to the shit on Tuesday giving us something, and by shit I mean Cheaty & Spurs as both stink.
If we don't win the league this season I'm looking forward to
(a) who we buy in the summer
(b) who we get rid of in the summer
(c) Arteta signing a long extension
(d) winning stuff next season and seasons after.

And for those of you who think Saka is shit, you're wrong. He's fucking brilliant!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Massive win against a team I absolutely despise :barscarf: We played shite but we did enough 8) When we jobbied our trollies v Villa i like everyone was gutted.At that point all i asked was that we made City go and win it and not hand it to them on a plate like we did last season :cry: We've won every game since then :barscarf: So even though we won't win it,the lads have kept it going to the last game which after the Villa defeat was all I asked.

EC1

Post by EC1 »

Augie - Without a shadow of a doubt your the worst.

French cock, c*unt this, c*unt that, lesbian blah blah

No idea who you hang around with who are Arsenal fans, but I guarantee the fans I mix with would blank you straight away, and tou would be getting away with one if they did.

What is wrong with people?

We have taken it to the last game yet some just love to moan and criticise.

Just to add, this doesn’t apply to the majority of posters.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Just watched the replay. Nails gone but very happy !. Come on Scum. :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:23 pm
Wenger’s teams bottled plenty. That side NEVER retained the League. Blew a couple of titles against Leeds. Blew the Champions League v Chelsea. UEFA Cup vs Galatassary. Champions League was there to be won and Henry bottled chance after chance. This side is up there with those sides. I don’t see them that far behind. Honestly I don’t. The League in those days was full of absolute dross. The standard is far higher now.

Absolutely agree with the highlighted part - dont agree that this team is anywhere near the wenger title winning teams. I honestly dont think you can put up an argument for any of this current team getting into wenger's starting 11, and imo only Saliba and Rice would make the matchday squad

Anyway if you scroll back through my posts yesterday I dont think you will find even one post where I suggested that they bottled it - my belief is that ben white in particular (but also saka) did not bother their bollox yesterday and I cant see how that is acceptable to any Gooner anywhere. We are not talking about players playing poorly here - we are talking about them not trying hard enough. White was an absolute disgrace but his attitude towards football suggests that over the course of a season you will see a lot of performaances and attitude like that from him - we have come a long way from "remember who you are and who you represent" :roll: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We didn't play well yesterday but we won. We won at a ground we ALWAYS tend to lose at and we won under incredible pressure. It's a sign of how far we have come.
We're unbeaten in 2024 away from home in the PL (I think), we've won almost every game away and we had a fucking tough April where we had to play 8 games in a month!
We don't have a big squad, not of quality, but fuck me that is a hell of a record we have this year. Last month we were all doubting that we could go to Sp*rs and United and win...... We've done it. We've pushed the biggest cheats ever in world football to the final game, they sign 80m-100m players to sit on the bench ffs!! It's almost impossible to win a league competition against that. We blew a great chance last year through inexperience but we're here again pushing them all the way. They have massive pressure on them against The Spuds now because they know if they don't win, we're hot favorites again. Our team is on the cusp of greatness, a couple of good signings in the summer should ensure we are challenging again next season.
We should be proud of our team, we're really pushing a fake, false, cheating club to the limit. We wanted our Arsenal to challenge again and be competitive........ We are! :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The “forgot to draw the lines” fiasco ultimately didn’t cost us last year as we fell away towards the end but those 2 points (and probable 3 if Bruno had been rightly sent off) robbed off us up at Newcastle would look pretty good right now.

That was an absolute fucking disgrace and in a season of fine margins could prove decisive.

When was the last time you saw cheaty fucked over by the officials like that? Yeah that’s right never :banghead:

shu

Post by shu »

EC1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:43 pm

No idea who you hang around with who are Arsenal fans, but I guarantee the fans I mix with would blank you straight away, and tou would be getting away with one if they did.

Well said , he is a cancer on this site . I know friends who would more than just block him.

Arsenal have now one 15/17 games and May lose out to citeh who haven’t lost a league game since December yet it’s basque this / cone boy that , him and retro (yes another negative twat) carry on with it . Tbh I can’t see Augie celebrate win if it did happen !!!!

Obviously he would still want ‘peps cone boy , Ben White and Havertz out for starters . He must live an awful , negative life but has nothing but a negative effect on here .

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The one thing I wanted was to go to see a final day match where we are in with a shout for the title. We have two bites of the cherry so to speak. City could slip up against Spurs or West Ham, as unlikely as it seems. We have had a good season. There is definite room for improvement in the squad and in results which gives us all hope we can certainly win it next season. We are getting very close.

augie

Post by augie »

shu wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:59 am
EC1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:43 pm

Well said , he is a cancer on this site . I know friends who would more than just block him.

Arsenal have now one 15/17 games and May lose out to citeh who haven’t lost a league game since December yet it’s basque this / cone boy that , him and retro (yes another negative twat) carry on with it . Tbh I can’t see Augie celebrate win if it did happen !!!!

Obviously he would still want ‘peps cone boy , Ben White and Havertz out for starters . He must live an awful , negative life but has nothing but a negative effect on here .

As per usual if posters cant disagree with the comments, they turn it around and make it about the poster - classic deflection :roll: Did ben white play well yesterday ? Did he even look like he tried ? Emphatic no and you know it, but instead you try to make it about me but it isnt just me that seen how disgraceful he was and it wasnt just me that called him out for it.

I would love to know the general demographic for those who consistently defend the indefensible - do these guys play in local league themselves or are they part of a large number who either stopped playing altogether at a young age, or maybe just play 5 a side on astro ? I'm not claiming to have played at any high level or anything, but I played for almost 20 years and then managed for a good few seasons, and imo it does affect your mindset - when you are part of a team playing in a competitive league (be it as a player or manager) then you know that cardinal sin number 1 is a lack of effort, and you are expected to show up to give your all every single game and not just when it suits. You know that if you turn a blind eye to a lack of effort then you may well get away with it yesterday, but down the line it will cost you against a better team and all because you want to wrap an overpaid footballer (they are all overpaid btw) in cotton wool