Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

If Bruno was rightfully sent off for the forearm smash we may have gone on to win that. Cuuuuuuuuunts.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The laughable thing is that they even got given their stadium for free. We spent a good decade constrained by the stadium debt, while they were defrauding the League. Just think about it. Proper clubs having to cut their cloth in order to build a stadium while a Sportswashing outfit came in and were gifted a brand new stadium and also allowed to pump hundreds of millions in to the club off the books. It would make a good movie.

Fraud at the highest level you will see in world sport.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:23 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 pm
Not sure I can put myself through it all anymore

Can't wait for next Sunday's final whistle

They've killed football and we never have any right again to take the piss out of the SPL, or PSG running away with Ligue 1 again l, or Bayern and their 11 consecutive titles

We now play in the world's most predictable, lawless league

Actually not looking forward to next season and just need to find a replacement in my life for all this. Just isn't worth it anymore

PL is dead. VAR is corrupt. There's a new boring bloated CL for next year

Dull dull dull
I said it for a while - this is actually the last golden season of football.

Next year it really will get a lot worse with the new CL format.

With more European matches City are already guaranteed the PL title.

I have taken out a season ticket at my local non league team and will spend more time there - I have increasingly little interest in trying to get a ticket for the Emirates
Maybe that's the cure mate. My birth town club Bromley have managed to make it to League 2 and I know a few lads who have been going and having some good days out. I've never had the bug for it but might give it a try

I refuse to participate in the ballot for a regular home game so my handful of appearances this season have been when a mate or family member hasn't been able to use their ST.

Football was always valued for its unpredictable nature - "that's football", or "football eh? Bloody hell". You won't be hearing those phrases when it comes to the PL anymore. The days of "anyone can beat anyone" are over

madjens

Post by madjens »

Eh, every club has games during the season they feel hard done by. We’ve been excellent for the most part, exceptional this year, but that’s not enough nowadays.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:22 pm
December 6th was the last time they lost a game. It’s soul destroying and utterly fucking helpless.
It’s not fucking natural.
Rubbish.

The invincibles never lost a game all season.
Our title winning team in 91 only lost 1 match.

This City team is very average - which is why they failed again in Europe.

We didn’t win the title because we didn’t get going ourselves until January.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:35 pm
rodders999 wrote:
December 6th was the last time they lost a game. It’s soul destroying and utterly fucking helpless.
Rubbish.

They’re fallible but they got knocked out of Europe by arguably the best CL side in history (again) and by the tiniest of margins. Man City win their last seven ir eight games every fucking season. And they play their best football in the final 3rd of each season without fail, year after year, when nearly every other team is struggling to maintain standards, and having to replace quality players with make do backups. There’s nothing “average” about that in the slightest.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Also Man City are 1/10 for the league now with the bookies, despite still having to face and beat a dectentish side. A decade ago, any team in City’s position celebrating how they were today like the league was already sewn up would have been finger wagged at or even mocked for tempting fate. But that’s not the case now because the way they play their possession football big shocks are virtually impossible, at least in an 11 v 11 scenario.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Funny game football - this game could have gone either way. West Ham, Fulham & Villa games cost us title. Come on you Irons !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:35 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Rubbish.

The invincible benefitted from natural luck, as well as good football. There were some games that we could have quite easily lost that season but didn’t - through luck and grit. This City team haven’t come close to the same grit we had to go through during 2004.

This City team cannot be considered average when they have top class players to guide them through to the end of every season. No effort needed on their part. Ever.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

City have got to a point where sides will go easy on them to save themselves for other matches. Look at Villa this season. There’s some weird dynamic at play where effectively they have to win a few key games per season and they are champions.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Gutting seeing us fall short against those cheating wankers whilst they bore their way to another title.

Saw footage of that drugs cheat Guardiola fondle himself on the bench like a complete sex case when he's not being disgusting by spitting all game.

Spuds fanbase and players being perennial losers is the most unsurprising thing about it all.

All complete bunch of cunts

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Thank fuck that Spuds - City wasn’t the last game of the season. I can take losing but that would have been too much. Can you imagine? Spuds probably would have put on a firework display if their capitulation crowned Man City as champions. West Ham might get thrashed but at least under Moyes they’ll give it a good go.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:27 pm
If Bruno was rightfully sent off for the forearm smash we may have gone on to win that. Cuuuuuuuuunts.
Webb & PGMOL are CORRUPT. Fact.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

cameron326 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:21 pm
Thank fuck that Spuds - City wasn’t the last game of the season. I can take losing but that would have been too much. Can you imagine? Spuds probably would have put on a firework display if their capitulation crowned Man City as champions. West Ham might get thrashed but at least under Moyes they’ll give it a good go.
They'll release a DVD on how they helped Cheaty win the title.... That's the closest they'll ever get to being associated with winning anything.

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

How do you lose 0-2. So Spursy.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-14 at 22.06.59_9d9c02ba.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.