Who will pay ESPN £10 a month just for prem footy?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
thegrovegooner

Post by thegrovegooner »

always has and always will be the pub. great excuse to go out without the missus.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

projoe wrote: not really you lose, england games, scottish prem, celtic league rugby, boxing, pga golf, ufc, GAA, and all the other european footy they show.

exactly. who actually watched anything on setanta apart from premiership football?
Fans of those sports :?: :roll: :wink:

I got setanta for the GAA, before they even got the premier league. So Im left fucked over coz no one is likely to pick up the rights until next year, so i have go go to the pub.

Am a big boxing fan too, so when the prem and boxing deals came in it was a plus, as well as getting arsenal tv (even if it is shit).

Also a the great gooner Steve Bunce has been left without a show which is unthinkable...join the fight to get him back on air
http://www.bringbackbunce.net/

Anyway it was setanta sports not setanta premier league, and i for one am pissed off at losing all that sport. If espn sign up a few more i might consider it.

REB

Post by REB »

i cancelled my sky sports and setanta months ago and wont be getting espn either, why would i waste money when every game we play is online on justin tv and other sites, so that will do for me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

REBEL GOONER wrote:i cancelled my sky sports and setanta months ago and wont be getting espn either, why would i waste money when every game we play is online on justin tv and other sites, so that will do for me.
what's the reception like Reb? I tried Justin TV (that sounds so wrong... :lol: ) a few months into last season and it was really bad... :?

REB

Post by REB »

some good and some bad db10, i was paying 60euro a month to chorus for my sports package so i said fuck that :twisted:
i bought a connection in pcworld which hooks the laptop up to the tv so films sports etc i can watch on my lovely 44in tv :wink:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

How much was that IT box of hocus pocus Rebel?

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

projoe wrote:its actually £9 if you have sky sports, which i do. anyway, answering your question, i will be paying that every month as setanta used to charge £13 a month, so saving £4 a month, good investment :lol:
How do you know it's £9 a month??

projoe

Post by projoe »

hanny73 wrote:
projoe wrote:its actually £9 if you have sky sports, which i do. anyway, answering your question, i will be paying that every month as setanta used to charge £13 a month, so saving £4 a month, good investment :lol:
How do you know it's £9 a month??
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Busine ... rchresults

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

Cheers Projoe - good research. Good to see that it's available in HD too.

Andrey's Tongue

Post by Andrey's Tongue »

Will be getting ESPN without a doubt. Even if Arsenal are only on once a month it makes it worth it in my opinion seeing as it costs roughly £40 to go to a game (as well as travel expenses as our games on that channel are away ones).

Would probably go the pub to watch them if I lived in Highbury but I can't deal with all the southern Man United fans in my local pubs.

REB

Post by REB »

Percy Dalton wrote:How much was that IT box of hocus pocus Rebel?
the connection was about 40euro so will be cheaper over there in trumpton :?
its a hdmi or something and depends on your tv.plugs the computer into the tv which is great for when you download films and stuff 8)
pc world sell them so just ask and they will tell you what you need, tbh steve i was sick of paying out good money when i could watch for free online :wink:

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

Like Rebel, I will be viewing JustinTV.

Setanta was great, boxing, Prem football and Conference football all for 11.99.

There is no way I'll pay that crunt Maxwell to watch his platform.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:How much was that IT box of hocus pocus Rebel?
the connection was about 40euro so will be cheaper over there in trumpton :?
its a hdmi or something and depends on your tv.plugs the computer into the tv which is great for when you download films and stuff 8)
pc world sell them so just ask and they will tell you what you need, tbh steve i was sick of paying out good money when i could watch for free online :wink:
Sounds good and I will investigate but I know my interweb speed is shite so that maybe a problem!

:cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Seeing as we'll have half of our games re-arranged to 5.15 on a Saturday night I suppose I'll have no choice. As long as the coverage doesn't become too Americanised.....I mean Gallas is a great linebacker and all that and I expect Ade will get caught in the end zone too often but there must be an improvement on Setanta's fucking awful McManaman / Craig Burley efforts

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

internet streaming for me as usual :barscarf: