Forget about Mata...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Messi is small.
Should be easier to clean up then!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :wink:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I'm sorry, I like Nasri as much as anyone when he's showing his flair, but the guy is really not that good of a player since he only shows up like 25% of the time. Arshavin may only show up 25% of the time too but I feel that when he does show up, he's more productive than Nasri. If we could sell Nasri now for 20m i'd do it in a heartbeat. We do not need him anyways, we have plenty of cover for his positions. Losing Nasri wouldnt really effect the team AT ALL in my opinion. Losing Fabregas, however, will sink the ship.

Mata would for sure be a good signing and i hope it gets done.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Balague reporting Mata set to join Arsenal:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/all-sp ... in-arsenal

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Even if Mata joins, he's young, and I can see him getting near his peak right before leaving for Barca or Madrid.

Call me pessimistic :(

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

He might be a good signing, he might not. But one thing I am certain of is that Mata is not anywhere close to being as good as Cesc and, contrary to some people's belief, won't by himself be sufficient replacement for what we'll be missing if Fabregas goes.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

This signing will appease the AKBs for a while when Fabregas leaves.

We need proven winners and hardened experienced players who will run through a wall.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

I Hate Hleb wrote:He might be a good signing, he might not. But one thing I am certain of is that Mata is not anywhere close to being as good as Cesc and, contrary to some people's belief, won't by himself be sufficient replacement for what we'll be missing if Fabregas goes.
Agree with that. I think he would be a good addition, not world class and certainly don't see him fulfilling the playmaker role Cesc did so well. When Cesc goes, we will have to adjust the way we play to a degree I suppose.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

The more i look and think about it, how the fuck did Wenger ever manage to sign Squillaci.
This is an even worse signing than a Diaby or a Denilson. Those players were starting out and he was hoping to bring them on.
Squillaci was an experienced CH. What did he see to make him buy?
That is proof that Wenger doesn't have a clue when talking about defence and about how to stop the rot.

MEDINABOY

Post by MEDINABOY »

its what i've been saying for ages ,you dont win anything with namby pamby rolling over ooohhh i'm hurt jessies.we need some backbone some one who is going to get sent off 3 -4 times a year for gbh.then we wont get the piss taken out of us.oh go on i can hear you all now ,"what use is a player getting sent off?".well ask pv no one took the piss then did they.lets get back to winning ,to hell with all this football.play the long ball,kick and run ,bully,boss,anything just fucking win.one last rant i notice all you purists have gone silent on the point of barton,having seconed thoughts are we,tippy tappy football not quiet satisfying enough? :-P

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

MEDINABOY wrote:its what i've been saying for ages ,you dont win anything with namby pamby rolling over ooohhh i'm hurt jessies.we need some backbone some one who is going to get sent off 3 -4 times a year for gbh.then we wont get the piss taken out of us.oh go on i can hear you all now ,"what use is a player getting sent off?".well ask pv no one took the piss then did they.lets get back to winning ,to hell with all this football.play the long ball,kick and run ,bully,boss,anything just fucking win.one last rant i notice all you purists have gone silent on the point of barton,having seconed thoughts are we,tippy tappy football not quiet satisfying enough? :-P
Two/Three players with steel at least....

lincs123

Post by lincs123 »

Guillen Ballague is suggesting we've missed out on Mata:

http://twitter.com/GuillemBalague

What i don't understand is that Wenger recognises certain players he thinks we need but then doesn't pull through to buy them

Very frustrating.

We keep hearing there is money to spend....why the f aren't we using it!??

Step

Post by Step »

SONG IS LETHARGIC CRAP.
LETS GET REAL.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Step wrote:SONG IS LETHARGIC CRAP.
LETS GET REAL.
the whole club?

:shock: :shock:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

marcengels wrote:
Step wrote:SONG IS LETHARGIC CRAP.
LETS GET REAL.
the whole club?

:shock: :shock:
Why not? Citeh have been shopping at Arsenal for some years now.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

lincs123 wrote:Guillen Ballague is suggesting we've missed out on Mata:

http://twitter.com/GuillemBalague

What i don't understand is that Wenger recognises certain players he thinks we need but then doesn't pull through to buy them

Very frustrating.

We keep hearing there is money to spend....why the f aren't we using it!??
That would spoil the fun :wink: