EURO 2012 KNOCKOUT ROUNDS

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: EURO 2012 KNOCKOUT ROUNDS

Post by Nos89 »

I reckon Xavi will go man to man on Pirlo, giving him no time on the ball. Cesc will be difference as the false no.9.
Best thing about the german defeat was seeing a very sour jurgen klinsman in the studio, next to a very articulate vialli. I'm pretty sure shearer and linekar could've made jurgen cry. Now that would've been tv gold.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

benglenton wrote:Mario was supreme last night
i was abroad and watching semifinal in another country where the most were for germans was double better
i really think that Italy is one-man team with Mario in forward
the others good players but nothing special
very sorry for spanish but if Mario is fit there's no hope for them
Lets not get too carried away about Balotelli. Pirlo is by far your best player and don't forget Cassano destroying Hummels which made the first goal. Balotelli's clearly a good player but there is no guarantee he is going to show up and the Spaniards are not easy to score against, even if you can get the ball Pique and Ramos have been immense this tournament.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

I think a big factor in this game is how fit Spain are. So far this tournament their pressing game has seemed a level below the last few years but they're going to need it Sunday or Italy have a chance. Still fancy Spain to sneak it though, just hope they can get some more 'magic' "vitamin shakes" from the Barca club doctor :roll: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Tomáš wrote:I think it will be Spain 2:0 during regular time.
I'd put all my savings on the Italians personally. They have a knack of winning a major tournament when there is a match-fixing scandal brewing at home ('82, '06). Plus Spain won't match their passion and fight. 1-0 Italy Balotelli with the winner.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

The final is between two sets of players who have won many trophies.

I don't don't underestimate spain desire to create history and to fulfil their talent. Barca and Madrid players are used to winning and make no mistake have that winning mentality we cherish over here in england.

It really could go either way, Prandelli's Italy have been great throughout the tournament bar maybe the crotia game, and Spain have upset a lot of people to get this far.

Delorean Dor's

Post by Delorean Dor's »

I can definitely see there being a winner in this match, most likely will be those boys from the Mediterranean. Goal difference will be the key to winning this one, even if it goes to penalties. I might even get into the spirit of it all and cook some Escargot (Thats frogs legs for those that don't know). :barscarf:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

I'm hoping the Italians win this, at least us English can then claim to have gone out to the Champions 8) I also find the Spanish extremely boring to watch, yes they may be great technically but playing without a striker shows that their sole tactic is to bore the opposition into submission.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

MutleyGooner wrote:I'm hoping the Italians win this, at least us English can then claim to have gone out to the Champions 8) I also find the Spanish extremely boring to watch, yes they may be great technically but playing without a striker shows that their sole tactic is to bore the opposition into submission.
unfortunately the Arsenal haven't only manged half of the equation, and have yet to turn tepid football into trophies.

But our mental strength levels have gone through the roof

:roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:I'm hoping the Italians win this, at least us English can then claim to have gone out to the Champions 8) I also find the Spanish extremely boring to watch, yes they may be great technically but playing without a striker shows that their sole tactic is to bore the opposition into submission.
unfortunately the Arsenal haven't only manged half of the equation, and have yet to turn tepid football into trophies.

But our mental strength levels have gone through the roof

:roll:
Along with the wages bill. :roll: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:I reckon Xavi will go man to man on Pirlo, giving him no time on the ball. Cesc will be difference as the false no.9.
Best thing about the german defeat was seeing a very sour jurgen klinsman in the studio, next to a very articulate vialli. I'm pretty sure shearer and linekar could've made jurgen cry. Now that would've been tv gold.
Vialli also had one nice bit of cloth on him. 8)

kite

Post by kite »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Italy will win the final against spain :shock: :barscarf:

markmywords 8) 8)

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Right putting the house on Spain! :D

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Chippy wrote:Right putting the house on Spain! :D
:D

To be fair, he doesn't even know which country he lives in!

:roll: :lol:

kite

Post by kite »

I said it before: You can live in more than one country :shock: :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

kite wrote:I said it before: You can live in more than one country :shock: :lol:
There's your problem...

:wink: