Flop of the season?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Flop of the season?

Post by flash gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
kite wrote:Marin was no surprise. I told you when Chelsea signed him that all of Germany was laughing about that deal. He's not a bad player but not good enough to play for a team like Chelsea. Stupid move.
Oscar and Hazard are no flops. They were bought because of their potential. They are good players right now but they were mainly bought because they should become massive players in 1-3 years. Additionaly they would have like 10 assists more if Chelsea would play a striker instead of Torres :lol:
Kagawa will come good I think. He was injured at the start of the season and that obviously didn't help but he should come good.

Good be wrong but wasnt there a now exiled poster :lol: who was raving about this guy and gave it loads to wenger on here about not signing him,like i say i could be wrong :rubchin:

You're not wrong :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

flash gunner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
kite wrote:Marin was no surprise. I told you when Chelsea signed him that all of Germany was laughing about that deal. He's not a bad player but not good enough to play for a team like Chelsea. Stupid move.
Oscar and Hazard are no flops. They were bought because of their potential. They are good players right now but they were mainly bought because they should become massive players in 1-3 years. Additionaly they would have like 10 assists more if Chelsea would play a striker instead of Torres :lol:
Kagawa will come good I think. He was injured at the start of the season and that obviously didn't help but he should come good.

Good be wrong but wasnt there a now exiled poster :lol: who was raving about this guy and gave it loads to wenger on here about not signing him,like i say i could be wrong :rubchin:

You're not wrong :lol:

I knew tht :wink:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

donaldo wrote:Mata you joking he is the Chavs best player 12 goals last season 16 this.You really dont watch Chav games.We missed out on him because Dick Law was after Joel Campbell :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Worst flop Greedybayor 2 goals all season.He only plays when there is a contact on offer.Followed by Joe Allan
Fair enough point, but I never said he isn't good, just over-rated. The way certain posters on here went on about missing out on him and the way pundits blew their load on him last season makes him over-rated IN MY OPINION. You would have thought that listening to these so called experts that the guy can walk on water and grab a tossed Wenger water bottle and turn it to wine.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I thought that Mata was getting some undue plaudits last season, the press had decided he was quality before he'd even kicked a ball.

Has been fantastic this year though.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

MegaGooner wrote:
donaldo wrote:Mata you joking he is the Chavs best player 12 goals last season 16 this.You really dont watch Chav games.We missed out on him because Dick Law was after Joel Campbell :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Worst flop Greedybayor 2 goals all season.He only plays when there is a contact on offer.Followed by Joe Allan
Fair enough point, but I never said he isn't good, just over-rated. The way certain posters on here went on about missing out on him and the way pundits blew their load on him last season makes him over-rated IN MY OPINION. You would have thought that listening to these so called experts that the guy can walk on water and grab a tossed Wenger water bottle and turn it to wine.
See - I don't understand that. So because some pundits and fans said he was a very good player - subsequently backed up by his performances and the stats (sorry DB10 :wink: ) - you've decided that means he is 'over-rated'? :shock: :? How logical is that? :? :oops:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote: See - I don't understand that. So because some pundits and fans said he was a very good player - subsequently backed up by his performances and the stats (sorry DB10 :wink: ) - you've decided that means he is 'over-rated'? :shock: :? How logical is that? :? :oops:
o·ver·rate - tr.v. o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing, o·ver·rates
To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

I think he was over-rated. It's my opinion. :roll:

It's like going to your dealer and he promises you real grade A Columbian shyte. You get home and test the merchandise and you not impressed by it at all. It's still good, just over-rated.
tu comprendes

8)

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

MegaGooner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote: See - I don't understand that. So because some pundits and fans said he was a very good player - subsequently backed up by his performances and the stats (sorry DB10 :wink: ) - you've decided that means he is 'over-rated'? :shock: :? How logical is that? :? :oops:
o·ver·rate - tr.v. o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing, o·ver·rates
To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

I think he was over-rated. It's my opinion. :roll:
Over-rated insinuates that the person/thing is not living up to the hype or producing the goods expected/promised. By any stretch of the imagination one could confidently say that Mata has been producing the goods, no matter how much you or I may not like it. Therefore whether it's just your opinion or not - it's still wrong in evidence of the actual facts!! 8)
MegaGooner wrote:It's like going to your dealer and he promises you real grade A Columbian shyte. You get home and test the merchandise and you not impressed by it at all. It's still good, just over-rated.
tu comprendes

8)
Love the analogy but in answer to your question: No. The reasons being because a) it's difficult to 'not be impressed by it at all' and yet at the same time 'still think it's good'; and b) I make sure I taste it before I get it home. 8) :lol: :lol: :wink:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

mcdowell42 wrote:

yep indeed, making out he was the german messi :lol: , having watched marin i knew he was lucky to be playing for wolfsburg let alone chelsea. He has been awful.

Rodwell, well that was a giraffe, always injured, won't play, same as sinclair.

Sahin yes i'd agree, although I didn't expect him to be a flop.

Kagawa will come good i'm quite sure, and Oscar for his age has done well, but still has some way to go.