Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

Post by robbo10 »

markyp wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:15 am
What's the odds that 'dead wood' Sokratis puts us out of this competition?
You mean the Greek Beckenbauer having a worldie against his old club,like an Ex Arsenal player hasn’t come back to haunt us before,we pay these people handsomely for years and usually for zero return,and they can’t wait to fuck us over,how many times have we seen it mate......
Tbf to Sokratis I actually liked his attitude when he played,I think he knew his ability and limits and while he was no Tony Adams I did see him at least try for the club,for me you can’t ask for more than that

SteveO 35

Re: Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just checking in with my old mucker Rodders that he has kept his 'supplies' dry for tomorrow evening's 'pull your pud' evening in Greece.

Hope the CDs have been dusted down my friend....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Hopefully Martinelli is rested enough to come on for the final 20. Might be a bit soon though...he needs to be managed carefully :? :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:18 am
Hopefully Martinelli is rested enough to come on for the final 20. Might be a bit soon though...he needs to be managed carefully :? :?
Hes injury prone....needs another 6 months rest at least

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Just liker Kentish Town v The Greeks years ago. We'll win this 3-1. :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Because of my total belief that arteta needs to go asap, I feel that losing this tie and not qualifying for europe at all next season, might be better be better for the club in the long run - yes there will be a short term hit as regards our appeal to potential signings (and a few current players), but keeping arteta will be allowing the club to drift along in a coma state for the next few years. Not qualifying for europe MIGHT also be a wake up call to our dickhead owners that we are falling further and further behind cos their financial model is simply not working - that is not me expecting that they will suddenly furnishing the club with a massive transfer budget, but hoping that there will be a realisation that the very least we need is a proven manager to start to strengthen this club out, cos their project of appointing learner drivers will never get the club competing in formula one races.

I'll not be shouting against us tonight, and I will probably go through periods in the game where I will get well into it, but at the back of my mind I will be aware that winning might not be success either

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:53 pm
Just checking in with my old mucker Rodders that he has kept his 'supplies' dry for tomorrow evening's 'pull your pud' evening in Greece.

Hope the CDs have been dusted down my friend....
I fucking scoff at your North London Derby, roll my eyes at your El Clasico, have nothing but contempt for your Manchester or Merseyside Derby and as for your Old Firm - pure bollocks mate.

The biggest game in Association Football is on tonight baby, The Roddaz/SteveO W.ank-A-Thon Derby, it's Olympiakos time :barscarf:

Dim the lights, run that bath, get out the massage oils, light the scented candles, get the Walrus of Love blasting out of your stereo and lube yourself up to within an inch of your fucking life because it don't get any bigger than this (neither the match or my pecker). :barscarf:

SteveO, I haven't unloaded since the draw and I'm absolutely fucking throbbing down there at the thought of tonight, the second the ref blows to start the game I'm going to explode my undies :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Same team as against Burnley, apart from Bellerin and Gabriel come in.

Leno; Bellerin, Gabriel, Luiz, Tierney; Partey, Xhaka; Saka, Odegaard, Willian; Aubameyang.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Biggest night of the season and I’m struggling badly to post on here :cry:

Was going to live steam me and SteveO in the jacuzzi prior to kick off and all.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Leno; Bellerin, Gabriel, Luiz, Tierney; Partey, Xhaka; Saka, Odegaard, Willian; Aubameyang.
Or in other words a different team to that that played Burnley :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Unai is 2 up away from home so pretty much job done there.

It’s on for the next round.

BELIEVE :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Martinelli rested, Xhaka plays again, Bellerin recalled because we obviously missed him so much. Odegaard favoured to ESR, Willian obviously plays

Welcome to the world of El Beige

You better get this fucking right tonight sunshine

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:07 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Or in other words a different team to that that played Burnley :wink:

We had a manager of our local team here about 20 years ago who when calling out the team would start by saying that it was the same team as last week, but would then call out a team that had 3 changes in the back 4 alone :lol: :lol:
Mind you that was the same manager who would make his substitutions based on who was near to him at the time :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:24 pm
Martinelli rested, Xhaka plays again, Bellerin recalled because we obviously missed him so much. Odegaard favoured to ESR, Willian obviously plays

Welcome to the world of El Beige

You better get this fucking right tonight sunshine
The man is a ringpiece :cry: fuck knows what he's saving martinelli for :rubchin: must be all of those crucial league games we have coming up eh :lol: Xhaka :roll: he could score 3 into our net and still get picked.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

1 Leno
2 Bellerín
23 David Luiz
6 Gabriel
3 Tierney
12 Willian
18 Partey
34 Xhaka
11 Ødegaard
14 Aubameyang
7 Saka

Substitutes

8 Ceballos
9 Lacazette
16 Holding
17 Cédric Soares
19 Pépé
21 Chambers
22 Marí
25 Elneny
32 Smith Rowe
33 Ryan
35 Martinelli
44 Hein

I know we have the NLD on the week-end but playing Willan and Xhaka is just too much....WHEN???? OH!!! WHEN??? is Captain Scarlet going
to give Martinelli a chance??? WHEN ????????AND He plays Bellend instead of Cedric... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He is beginning to REALLY P*sss me Off. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: