Sevilla H in the cup well never win Weds 8th Nov KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Sevilla H in the cup well never win Weds 8th Nov KO 8pm

Post by TeeCee »

Tonight could be a bit of a disaster.
Kai Havoc up front
The Italian slug in midfield
Zinchenko the incapable of passing playmaker at left, central midfield, inside forward, anywhere but LB
And god forbid..... Fucking Fabulous Vieira, the 8 year old kid living the dream......
Couple that with Ben White and Gabriel in defence (The crabs), I may be asleep inside 15 minutes!!

I'll be amazed if we don't lose if all those c.unts get a game tonight :banghead: :banghead:

Stinger87

Post by Stinger87 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:09 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:23 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:01 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:34 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:06 pm

By the way, I should have added Jorginho and Vieira as other examples of blokes who shouldn't be at the club, let alone starting!! :roll: :banghead:
Funny you mention jorginho Retro...even this useless scummer can see it...Tim Sherwood has slammed Jorginho for the performances he is putting up in Arsenal colours by claiming that he ‘slows the game down’ for Mikel Arteta’s side.

yeah fuckin obvious....totally against the style we need to play...why cant arteta see it???? really amazes me
He can see it.....but what's he going to do? Like Wenger did on countless occasions, he has made a massive mistake, he has grossly overpaid for a player we never needed in the first place. A player who is on 300k per week. So now like Wenger, his ego being much more important than the welfare of the club, he'll continue to play him. It should cost Arteta his job, it won't, but it should.
Well yes thats the conclusion putting his ego first to the detriment of the team and club....

Exactly Red. Reno is bang on, Arteta can see it, but his ego driven, stubborn arrogance can't accept that he's made a mistake. A failure to accept being wrong is the biggest of all flaws and ultimately sinks both the individual, but sadly also those around them. I've seen it up close in business and it's fucking toxic.

Mkll is also just like his mentor in that he has favourites, who are no doubt "yes men". What else can explain his love for Xhaka, who he couldn't wait to hug at the end of the game. Wenger was exactly the same with Theo (it's beyond treason how he endured as long as he did at the club, often ruining the opportunity for much better players) and the vastly overrated Ramsey, amongst others. If you were a good boy who constantly looked up to Uncle Arsene, then you were in the team. Mkll is exactly the same with Jorginho, Havertz, Vieira, Eddie etc.

To make matters even worse, we've got no chance of being shot of Havertz for the duration of his career, because even if Arteta were to accept that he got it wrong, Havertz won't agree to a transfer, because no one else would pay him even a third of what we've insanely agreed to give him. Absolute fucking lunacy.

Absolutely spot on quote. I could not have said it better myself even with the dozens of thoughts going through my head. Brylcreem head will not change his ways until the fans turn on him.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal team confirmed: Raya; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tomiyasu, Jorginho, Rice, Havertz, Saka, Martinelli, Trossard

Substitutions: Ramsdale, Hein, Kiwior, Cedric, Vieira, Nelson, Elneny, Zinchenko, Cozier-Duberry, Sagoe Jr

Raya again ffs,how many more times will he have to fuck up to lose his place,we've Brentford after the international break,he can't play in that because he's on loan from them, surely the fuck cop on would suggest Ramsdale would start to give him some match practice b4 the Brentford game,has to at least start against Burnley on Saturday
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:52 pm
Arsenal team confirmed: Raya; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tomiyasu, Jorginho, Rice, Havertz, Saka, Martinelli, Trossard

Substitutions: Ramsdale, Hein, Kiwior, Cedric, Vieira, Nelson, Elneny, Zinchenko, Cozier-Duberry, Sagoe Jr
Havertz, the 8th wonder of the world and surely now the hill that legohead dies on...........totally inexplicable no matter what spin is thrown at it!!!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Wow, arent you lot a ray of fuckin sunshine :lol:

I was looking forward to watching this till I read some of the latter posts :? :lol:

I've missed a lot of the games this season for one reason or another and I just got in from work to actually get a game in, let's hope we play better than predicted.

We all know havertz is shit, keeping on about him won't make the point more valid, no one I know thought it a good buy, we just have to accept it.

We have a few injuries which is nothing unusual and yes we could and should have better depth but here is where we are.

Havertz to get a hat trick all assisted by Vieira :barscarf:

EDIT
Just seen the team, Vieira not starting so hat trick of assists from Jorge boy :barscarf: :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

I am looking forward to seeing Trossard up front.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:55 pm

I was looking forward to watching this till I read some of the latter posts :? :lol:

I've missed a lot of the games this season for one reason or another and I just got in from work to actually get a game in, let's hope we play better than predicted.

We all know havertz is shit, keeping on about him won't make the point more valid, no one I know thought it a good buy, we just have to accept it.

We have a few injuries which is nothing unusual and yes we could and should have better depth but here is where we are.

EDIT
Just seen the team, Vieira not starting so hat trick of assists from Jorge boy :barscarf: :lol:

You been enjoying the cricket world cup Lefty?

:lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:13 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:55 pm

EDIT

You been enjoying the cricket world cup Lefty?

:lol: :lol:
:lol:

Well not England's games :? but the rest I have and unlike the football wc I watch the other games too, I also play in an indoor league on Sundays so that conflicts with watching Sunday football and I work a lot on Saturdays so all in all its midweek games I get to watch most.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Good to see a couple of the very promising youngsters on the bench - let’s hope it’s comfortable enough to give them a run out and test a couple of first tempers prior to Saturday :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Rice is good but Havertz & Jorginho in midfield isn't offering much.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

60 million down the drain.....Kai Havertz starts again

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC Football:

Arsenal Starting Eleven:

22 Raya
4 White
2 Saliba
6 Gabriel
18 Tomiyasu
29 Havertz
20 Jorginho
41 Rice
7 Saka
19 Trossard
11 Martinelli

Substitutes

1 Ramsdale
15 Kiwior
17 Cédric Soares
21 Fábio Vieira
24 Nelson
25 Elneny
31 Hein
35 Zinchenko
45 Cozier-Duberry
71 Sagoe

After El Pug's display against the NorthernSisterShaggingVagrants and he still gets picked, it says 100% that Rambo has no future at Arsenal. :banghead:

Havertz again! :roll: Well on ¢330k a WEEK I suppose he has to try and make a dent in that wage (Yeah! Riiiight) :banghead:
Trossard through the middle? I would put Martinelli in the middle and Trossard on the left flank

Midz

Post by Midz »

2Raya
4White
2Saliba
6Gabriel
18Tomiyasu
29Havertz
20Jorginho
41Rice
7Saka