HOW TO TAKE A PENALTY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babu

Post by Babu »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote: I just think this guy will be able to talk about that pen for a long time. I think he was cheeky yes but he doesn't deserve so much grief. Didn't break any rules.

If he had taken that pen against us I would be having a serious go at the keeper ( no doubt it would be Almunia) and not the opposition player
Or Wenger, for keeping Almunia.
:wink:

Fair point that he didn't break any rules, and it may be an age thing with the respect issues, I guess, but the first thing I thought was why is no-one smacking him.

I do have problems though.
:oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:

safcftm

Re: HOW TO TAKE A PENALTY

Post by safcftm »

How the fuck does the keeper not save that? Fair enough if he'd sprinted up and spun round at the last second but he was going backwards towards the ball for a good while before backheeling it (fairly slowly obviously) towards the goal- I'd have thought any keeper would have just wandered across and picked it up, dont see how he could be wrong footed by it and, if he was, how he wouldnt have time to adjust and get across to it :?

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

It's been done, better, before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrxVPlZLMg

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

safcftm wrote:
How the fuck does the keeper not save that? Fair enough if he'd sprinted up and spun round at the last second but he was going backwards towards the ball for a good while before backheeling it (fairly slowly obviously) towards the goal- I'd have thought any keeper would have just wandered across and picked it up, dont see how he could be wrong footed by it and, if he was, how he wouldnt have time to adjust and get across to it :?
Exactly i mean its not as if he fucking roofed the ball into the net. The keeper just stood there and watched it trickle past him when all he had to do was dive and save it ffs :banghead:

Post by 1989 »

safcftm wrote:
Almunia would have caught it...........only to let to it slip through his hands.

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

Afraid this one ain't on U Tube but took a penalty in a game once once by taking the run up by going back to half way line :oops: Despite the 'what the f*ck is he at' comments , rolled the ball lazily inside the post... mainly cos i was bolloxed from the run up and the fact the keeper had lost interest . Celebrated with a somersault that would make Robbie c*nt Keane look almost graceful :wink: ..... And yes , i did do a lot of drugs then and retired from the game at the wise old age of 22. If the Onlinegooner starting eleven needs a Penalty taker a la American Footie kickers, consider me out of retirement :wink:

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

Always thought the best penalty taker for shear unstopability was Shearer to be honest. Top left hand corner every time, but totally unsaveable.

And Beppe Signori's two-step always left keepers a bit flummoxed to which way he was putting it too. Much classier than the drunken stagger Ronaldo uses these days. Twat.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

psychoangus wrote:Always thought the best penalty taker for shear unstopability was Shearer to be honest. Top left hand corner every time, but totally unsaveable.

And Beppe Signori's two-step always left keepers a bit flummoxed to which way he was putting it too. Much classier than the drunken stagger Ronaldo uses these days. Twat.
He did have an awsome penalty.

I actually think Van Persie takes a very good penalty unlike Fabregas

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:
psychoangus wrote:Always thought the best penalty taker for shear unstopability was Shearer to be honest. Top left hand corner every time, but totally unsaveable.

He did have an awsome penalty.

I actually think Van Persie takes a very good penalty unlike Fabregas
Agreed. Fabregas never fills me with confidence when he takes them, although he's got a good record generally.

paperclip

Post by paperclip »

I can't beleive eveyone's so uptight over this. It was in a friendly with 10 mins to go, that his team were already winning 5-2. And it was a bit of fun, I really don't see why it's a big deal.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTrAuVDM9tE

:wink:

Sorry, couldnt resist

Anyway, hard to beat Le Tissier for penalties, 48 goals from 49 attemps :shock: Much better record than shearer's

JudoKilli

Post by JudoKilli »

paperclip wrote:I can't beleive eveyone's so uptight over this. It was in a friendly with 10 mins to go, that his team were already winning 5-2. And it was a bit of fun, I really don't see why it's a big deal.
^^ This

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

dude looks like Gervinho :shock:

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

flash gunner wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:he was immediately subbed off the pitch after he did that and his coach said he is to be "punished for disrespect"
Good on the coach... I would have subbed Henry and Pires for that disgrace of a pen too and fined them as much as possible. You dont fuck about with things like that put the ball in the net
I will take your advice here and agree fully with you on this. I can't believe any of us would even want to see this and be vaguely reminded of that fiasco one more time. I haven't even watched this just for that reason alone other than once on ESPN when I wasn't aware of what it was or I would have changed channels then.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

USMartin wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:he was immediately subbed off the pitch after he did that and his coach said he is to be "punished for disrespect"
Good on the coach... I would have subbed Henry and Pires for that disgrace of a pen too and fined them as much as possible. You dont fuck about with things like that put the ball in the net
I will take your advice here and agree fully with you on this. I can't believe any of us would even want to see this and be vaguely reminded of that fiasco one more time. I haven't even watched this just for that reason alone other than once on ESPN when I wasn't aware of what it was or I would have changed channels then.
Following the pattern as i set out the other day (a blitz followed by quietness followed by ^normal posting^ followed by small b**rd quotes followed by a blitz again and the pattern is repeated) and as i said then when youre not spouting shite about the b**rd youre a decent poster.

Many people including myself dont trust the custodians of Arsenal too but are sick of hearing you go on and on about it..... Its not worth you going on and on Marty even the people who agree dont give a shit anymore due to you actions. My advice, take it or not, is keep on posting about other things pal