Are we the next Liverpool?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Vinny1967

Re: Are we the next Liverpool?

Post by Vinny1967 »

frankbutcher wrote:We are undoubtedly IMO on the wane. Top players want to leave, and we have a load of dross on the wage bill. The fans have ideas above where we actually are. In reality we have declined. Financially we are being kept afloat by the Champions League. We have to sell our best players to make a profit. Without player sales we break even. Liverpool are still a bigger Club than us globally. Commercially they are light years ahead of us.
Yep I definitely think we are on the wane but I still have hope. Last summer really took the piss for me. Before the end of the season Wenger stated that 'the project' needed some high quality signings and he failed to do that. Every dog on the street could see Fabregas and Nasri were leaving and he has failed to replace them and even more importantly add more quality. Leaving the signings till the last day of the season was a disaster and he didn't manage the situation in the best interests of Arsenal imo. This summer will be pivotal in my eyes as we need 2/3 more quality signings if we are to compete. Not too much to ask of the 4th wealthiest club in Europe.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

clockender1 wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
Liverpool have a future.
they do and it involves downing, adam. henderson and carroll....

how many years is it since they won the league ? - 21/22 ?

Liverpool are now the spurs of merseyside.

whereas our nucleus is top class - TV, Kos,Jack, Ox, RVP (if he stays) and Pod. Miachi has also shown a lot of promise too.

Add to that a world class keeper and DM, and some luck with injuries and we'd challenge for the title.
With delusion like that, yep, the new Liverpool.

Verm, Shez and Song world class LMFAO

I can remember Maldini letting in 49 lol

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:We were one injury to RVP away from finishing 18th this season. His goals have papered over some very wide cracks, he leaves, we head for the abyss.
Fixed that for you. :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Babatunde wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
Liverpool have a future.
they do and it involves downing, adam. henderson and carroll....

how many years is it since they won the league ? - 21/22 ?

Liverpool are now the spurs of merseyside.

whereas our nucleus is top class - TV, Kos,Jack, Ox, RVP (if he stays) and Pod. Miachi has also shown a lot of promise too.

Add to that a world class keeper and DM, and some luck with injuries and we'd challenge for the title.
With delusion like that, yep, the new Liverpool.

I can remember Maldini letting in 49 lol
I have to, yes have to, agree with babs

clock - holes and straws mate, full of and clutching at.

:?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Babatunde wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

you really don't read too good boy do ya ?

show me where i said Chesney and Song were world class ??? :roll:

you're changing other peoples arguments again aren't you. pretty desparate, LOL

Post by 1989 »

EDIT: Never mind

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Top class - Pod (who hasn't even signed for us yet). Miyaichi - he's shown no more promise than Diaby. This thread is simply proving my OP right. The delusion of our fans about our prospects for success is unprecedented. We are shite.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

frankbutcher wrote:Top class - Pod (who hasn't even signed for us yet). Miyaichi - he's shown no more promise than Diaby. .
if Pod hasn't signed yet,who was that in a Arsenal shirt in the papers ??? :rubchin:

I thought Miyaichi played well at Bolton, scored a few, set up a few.

are you really telling me that Kos, TV, OX, JAck and RVP aren't top class ???

that's half the team Frank.

this is nowhere near plausible denialability

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Oh man I laugh.

Ok let me deconstruct the bollocks for the great Deluded out there.

1. Koscielny IS NOT WORLD CLASS. Nowhere near in fact. It's easy to point to this because he plays in a defence that let in 49 goals in a season! I don't care what excuses are given, if Kompany was organizing that defence, no chance they let in 49. Koscielny, the 'world class' defender, who cannot even make the PFA Team of the Year ahead of Coloccini.
Koscielny the 'world class' defender, who isn't even a first choice starter for France - Laurent Blanc trusts Mexes and Adil Rami at the back. Koscielny warms the bench....Oh but what would Laurent Blanc know about great defenders eh? :roll:

2. Vermaelen 'world class'. Uh huh. So long as he ain't playing against Grant Holt or Adel 'Diego' Taarabt. :shock:
Oh and did I mention he was part of a defence that conceded 49 goals? :shock:

3. The Ox. My word. The kid has not even started 5 Premier League game in his career and he is 'world class'.
That's right. A 'world class' footballer with zero international appearances, less than 5 career PL starts, zero Champions League goals, zero Premier League goals. A great promising talent yes, but 'top class'? Meds please nurse....

4. Jack Wilshere is very close to that bracket but again, the question will be asked: how many outstanding seasons of football has Jack Wilshere played? Oh what's that you say? Half a season in a career? Oh superb. Great. Get the champers out, he's made it in the 'world class' bracket then.... :rubchin:
Great young player. World class, have a coke and a smile, you need help. World class is Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso and Yaya.

So only RVP is top class. 'Top class' means he would walk into virtually any team and improve them.
And because he is top class, he will leave Arsenal - because that is what the few top players we ever produce do.

EPIC delusion here though, and merely reaffirming Frank's point that we have an incredibly deluded, psychiatrically fragile set of fans who are completely stuck in the past, or stuck in the well of Arsene's love.

:oops: :banghead:

STLgooner89

Post by STLgooner89 »

Babatunde wrote:Oh man I laugh.

3. The Ox. My word. The kid has not even started 5 Premier League game in his career and he is 'world class'.
That's right. A 'world class' footballer with zero international appearances, less than 5 career PL starts, zero Champions League goals, zero Premier League goals. A great promising talent yes, but 'top class'? Meds please nurse....

:rubchin: Hmmm, I seem to remember Ox scoring in his first ucl appearance. I also seem to remember him scoring 2 league goals. Oh, and after checking his official stats, he actually has 6 PL starts.

Baba, next time you write one of your thesis sized posts, perhaps you would like me to proofread it for you?

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

so Babatunde where did the mighty Spurs finish this season?

then tell me that Arsenal are not top class

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Member wrote:so Babatunde where did the mighty Spurs finish this season?

then tell me that Arsenal are not top class
Have you and Baba arranged to meet up at a home game next season ?

:D

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

STLgooner89 wrote:

:rubchin: Hmmm, I seem to remember Ox scoring in his first ucl appearance. I also seem to remember him scoring 2 league goals. Oh, and after checking his official stats, he actually has 6 PL starts.

Baba, next time you write one of your thesis sized posts, perhaps you would like me to proofread it for you?
6 PL starts and 1 CL career goal?

Apologies I stand corrected. Defo world class stuff there :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

:
but you still can't read - i said top class. :wink:

OOKed

Post by OOKed »

frankbutcher wrote:
rodders999 wrote:We were one injury to RVP away from finishing 8th this season. His goals have papered over some very wide cracks, he leaves, we head for the abyss.
+1
+2